News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stupid comments about your car

Started by 69bronzeT5, March 18, 2008, 01:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

I'm sure its been talked about before, I searched "comment" in the search box, went through 6 pages of search results and didnt find anything so I'm posting.

Has anybody here had somebody say something stupid about your car and what was the comment. Heres one from me......

"Pimp it out to look like the general lee"  :rotz:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Joshua

Charger1973

Ponch ®

Kid at the Taco Bell drive thru: "Is that a nova?" :RantExplode:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Mick70RR

I was warming the engine on the car park at work yesterday when a guy from the place I work came over and said " I see you still havn't sorted that idle problem out have you". Comp XS290S.
1970 Road Runner, 505 cid, 4 speed, GV overdrive, 3.91 gears
11.98 @ 117 on street treads

Orange_Crush

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 18, 2008, 01:44:54 PM
"Is that a nova?" :RantExplode:

Or "I thought Mezzcans only drove chebbies meing!"
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Joshua

Dave22443

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Charger74

Death1970Proof

Quote from: Joshua on March 18, 2008, 01:39:08 PM
"You should paint it orange."

I know....I think to myself ..NOT AGAIN!!  :slap:
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

68charger383

Man, you can really see the similarities between the cars when they're parked next to each other.

New Charger owner that was parked next to me  :lol:

-----------

Did Dodge steal the idea for those tailights from the Corvette?  :slap:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Bandit72

after a kid walked by mine and saw the "Charger" script on the sail panel he proceeded to tell me "wow man, it looks just like the general lee!" (i have a 72 charger)
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

73chgrSE

Once I was driving thru a parking lot and there were some people out on the patio of this sportsbar and I heard someone yell, "Alright, a Torino" As I passed by. I almost got out and educated him but whatever, stupid douche.  :brickwall:

Then a few months ago this lady ran up to me as I'm getting gas and says "OMG, I just love GTO's" I said yes they are very nice cars but this is actually a dodge charger. She looked really confused and somewhat disgusted and said Oh, wel I love GTO's and walked off. :shruggy:

The guy that works next to my studio asked me when i'm gonna drive my 67 camaro back to work one day.  :scratchchin:

It never ends.

Sometimes I think 3rd gen chargers are one of the most mis-identified cars of that time.

chargedup

Guy at gas station "What is that a GTO?"
Me "No its a Charger"
Guy "Aw man I have always wanted one of those"

400/6/PAC

Dude, You should chop the roof down.

Death1970Proof

When you have a duster people will call it a nova on a daily basis.... :slap:

Our old aspen was called a Maverick one time and the dude proceded to tell me how quick they were...

My friends orange 1974 duster has been called the general lee and also a mustang  :slap:

Im sure I'll think of more later...

When I get the charger on the road I'll really be hearing dumb s#*!!
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

4cruzin

Is that a camaro is what I get most of the time . . while I'm driving the cuda.
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Charger-Bodie

WOW A Chevy Charger!! I havent seen one of those in a long time!  :eek2:  :slap:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

SnoPro440

I over heard a couple of kids in a parking lot talking about my car and the first one says "Hey look, it's the car from the Fast and Furious."   :down:
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

andy74

i get the GTO comments alot too, i agree that it seems like the third gens get called a lot of other stuff,but its just because most people just dont know what they are looking at,i try to educate but it doesnt always work

ereru7

nice 66 chevelle! .............its a 68 dodge dart.....oh, you have a 440 hemi in it........no its a 440 big block......yeah i never cared for mopars, to big.

Chargerguy74

Had a friend out at my place and he spotted my 72 and said: "Whoa......Dukes of Hazzard!"

Another friend I was talking with about my Chargers said: "My buddy has a Charger, but it's an SSE."

I have also heard : "You should put a 350 in it."

And, "I think I'm going to buy one of your Chargers" (keeping in mind I didn't plan or don't plan on selling any, or have I ever talked of selling any).
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Chris 69

Quote from: Dave22443 on March 18, 2008, 02:00:09 PM
"Nice Camaro"   :flame:

Had the Camaro comment before.

Also: "What's that, a Trans-am?" and "Nice 'Cuda"

One time had a guy follow me to the autoparts store and asked if my ('68) Charger is a '70. Then he proceeded to tell me about the '68 Charger he owns. I did not believe him.

Chris

68Charger4me

"All it needs is the flag on top, and an 01" :flame:  If I had a dollar every time I hear that one...

Go Hogs Go

My friend and I were out taking pictures of a 69' Charger we had just finished restoring. I was a nice car, B5 blue, white interior, white vinyl top, white stripe. This dude drives up in 78 Ford LTD, tells me all about just having a new vinyl top put on it for $150, and asks if I want to sell it. I said sure, and he says "Whats that thing book out at? Bout' $6500.  :wave:  I thanked him for his offer, but told him I'd have to pass.
Go Hogs!