News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stupid comments about your car

Started by 69bronzeT5, March 18, 2008, 01:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob T

Parked at the shops getting takeaways last night and some guy asked me if I had a 350 in it. Umm , nope  :lol:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Baldwinvette77

A few days ago a guy asked "what years the charger" i said... "69.. i suppose, but its a really a 68"

TODAY he came up to me and said "hey i told a few friends about the satellite youre building"   :smilielol:

HANDM

Just today a dude said "I'll give ya 15,000 for it"....... lol

1BAD68

this one wasn't a stupid comment, in fact it was pretty funny to me.
I was pumping gas when this guy comes out of the mini mart looking just like Axl Rose from the Guns n Roses days. Looks at my Charger and says "right there is the ultimate white trash dream"

MaximRecoil

- "What year is this car?"

- "Nineteen sixty-nine."

- "My cousin in California has two of these, but they're both convertibles."

archie360

"What year is it?"

"I had one just like it but it was a 68"

Awesome...
1971 SE 383HP     1972 Rallye 340

archie360

Not a foolish question, but twice this year I've had people ask me what kind of mileage I get with the car.   I tell them if your concerned about the mileage it's probably not the car for you  ;D
1971 SE 383HP     1972 Rallye 340

Baldwinvette77

"What are you gonna do with it when you finish it"

ME: "drive it.. ALOT"

"Really?"

:shruggy:

Cooter

Quote from: archie360 on June 03, 2014, 09:23:54 PM
Not a foolish question, but twice this year I've had people ask me what kind of mileage I get with the car.   I tell them if your concerned about the mileage it's probably not the car for you  ;D

:2thumbs:
single stupidest remark. Can't believe how many hit me with Christine and her twin four bbls.
like having two carbs is just gonna cause it to burn twice the fuel?? When most times, the other carb just sits there doing basically nothing....
these types are the same ones that back in the 70's were thinking this way and removing the way smaller twin fours for a single giant 2 bbl. Car only got slightly better if at all mpg.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

I sometimes like to tell people who ask the mileage question that it gets about 25mpg.  They are always astonished and then I explain that old cars aren't nearly the gas hogs the green media claims they are.

comet_666

I am going to use that one Ghost

Ghoste

By all means, we all know its complete crap but I like to tell them it takes X amount of fuel to perform a certain amount of work so the fact I have a larger engine just means that cruising around it doesn't have to work as hard as their little engine to meet the same goals.  :D

nvrbdn

a woman called and said, i got your # from blah blah. we are having a parade and would like to ask for you to bring your charger to be in the parade. we hav a guy here with a new camaro and an old camaro, and a woman with a new charger, so we need an old charger. what color is your car?  i say burnt orange, she says all 4 cars will be orange. but this will get her because she gets so mad when we talk about her charger. she keeps saying it isnt a charger. after questioning the woman for a minute i explain to her that the woman will really be angry when i show up with my charger and she is driving a challenger. thats why she gets angry.  she said,"oh, is there a difference?"

so i gave her the name of a guy with a 71 challenger. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

NJRBros

Quote from: b5blue on May 29, 2014, 05:47:43 PM
 I rolled into work with my 70 for the first time in quite a while. Upon opening my door I here a guy yell "Hey is that a 318 under the hood?" No it's a 440. "Bullshit! I know a 318 when I hear one!" Whatever dude. "Lift the hood I wanna see it before I believe you!" The hood is locked and I gotta get to work, sorry. "Yea I thought so!" HUH? Whatever.
 Later the guy comes to me and apologizes telling me he looked under my car and saw the oil filter pointing forward.
After 19 years I'm getting sick of this crap.  :eek2:

I really hate it when people act like they know more about your own car... This isn't a charger story, but this just happened last week...

So I own a Mini Cooper S.  Some guy at a car wash asks me what year it was, and I answered "2013". He replies "So it's supercharged". I say "No, they actually switched to turbochargers around 2007". He immediately snickers and "corrects" me as if I'm a moron "You said it's a 2013? Then it's supercharged". I said something along the lines of "Oh OK I must've been mistaken. The turbo that's smack dab in front of the engine must just be for show."

Ignorant questions/comments I'm fine with, but insisting you're correct about something on MY CAR is something I have no patience for...  :brickwall:

Kern Dog

I had a guy in his mid 20s offer me a kidney for my car a few years ago. If I had 3 kidneys I could probably drink motor oil and piss out sparkling water.

ACUDANUT

Don't you hate when someone offers you a 1/4 of what your car is worth.

freddyd02

LMAO @ Red 70.. friggin hilarious  :smilielol:  :cheers:

bill440rt

Quote from: ACUDANUT on June 04, 2014, 09:33:54 PM
Don't you hate when someone offers you a 1/4 of what your car is worth.

Don't hate it, but it sure is funny.

Some lady flags me down & pulls next to me at a traffic light.
Her: Wow, nice car! I'll give a $10 grand for it!!"
Me:  :smilielol:
Her: "OK, how about $20K??"
Me:  :smilielol: :smilielol: :rofl: :rofl:  :drive:

Other people get argumentative. I just tell them it's simply not for sale, so whatever it's "worth" to you is irrelevant. 
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Rosco

I have this conversation almost word for word SOOO often...

Other Person: "What engine does it have?"
Me: "383"
OP: "Oh, a Chevy stroker.?
Me "Nah, it's a Chrysler 383-"
OP: "No, a 383 is a stroked Chevy 350. I know, cos my mate/father/uncle/friend has one in his car! It must a 318 or 360, and got written down wrong on the paperwork."
Me: No, it's definitely a Chrysler 383, there were heaps of them ma-"
OP: "You just don't know what you're talking about mate..."

Maybe it's because over here in Australia the 383 was very rare (in fact, off the top of my head, I can't think of any Chrysler/Valiant cars that had the option - I'm sure some of the other (older) Aussie members will correct me if I'm wrong..?)
But still, I'm sick of having the conversation. Like NJRBros said earlier, silly and incorrect comments are perfectly acceptable if the person is just uninformed, but when I politely correct you, don't argue with me about MY car...

Of course, half the people who find out I have a Charger think I mean an Aussie Valiant Charger, despite them not being manufactured in 1969...
I've even had arguments where people have told me my car isn't a Charger  :brickwall: Which I guess they're technically right - it ISN'T a VALIANT Charger...
"She needs premium, Dude! PREMIUM!!"

MaximRecoil

Quote from: Rosco on June 05, 2014, 08:46:35 AM
I have this conversation almost word for word SOOO often...

Other Person: "What engine does it have?"
Me: "383"
OP: "Oh, a Chevy stroker.?
Me "Nah, it's a Chrysler 383-"
OP: "No, a 383 is a stroked Chevy 350. I know, cos my mate/father/uncle/friend has one in his car! It must a 318 or 360, and got written down wrong on the paperwork."
Me: No, it's definitely a Chrysler 383, there were heaps of them ma-"
OP: "You just don't know what you're talking about mate..."

Just imagine if you had a Chrysler 350 in there like a lot of '58 Belevedere/Savoy/Fury ("Christine") owners do. Plenty of people "know" that the 383 is a stroked SBC, but practically everyone "knows" the 350 is a GM engine, and that Chrysler "never made a 350". 

Cooter

Simple enough to disprove the 383 thing. One has distributor in back and one is up front.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

UH60L

Lately what gets me is people keep asking "so, when do you think the charger will be driveable"......when they know my wife lost her job, we're losing our house, and in the middle of bankruptcy.

It's one thing when it's just some guy walking down the street and asks about the car in the garage, but when people I work with, car club members, and even members of my family keep asking, I wonder how clueless they can be. 

Most of our money goes to gas and food right now (though we did attend a car show two weeks ago, but really, that $20.00 wasn't gonna finish my charger...)

Maybe once we get a new place to live, and file chapter 7, we can finally start putting money in the charger again......

I swear, some people just don't want to believe you when you say your broke (or maybe they think your asking for a hand out or symapathy, I don't know...).  People are strange.  That is a fact.

The70RT

For the last several years...."when's it gonna be done?"  ::)
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nvrbdn

by the way dennis, i have a question..................

:nana:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

The70RT

Quote from: nvrbdn on June 05, 2014, 01:49:26 PM
by the way dennis, i have a question..................

:nana:

Obviously one i and answer  :'(.....lol
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us