News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stupid comments about your car

Started by 69bronzeT5, March 18, 2008, 01:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauve66

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on June 10, 2012, 07:06:32 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 25, 2012, 08:55:23 AM
I was at a Car show and parked next to this guys 66 Charger.  He said "nice 68"  (it's a 70 Charger). I thought a fellow Mopar guy who owns a Charger would be able to know the difference.

I can't tell a 66 from a 67 either.  They all look the same to me.

Uh oh, I'm a racial profiler when it comes to 1st gens.

fender turn signals, hood letters, interior console, Bryan probably has 20 more but those are the easy ones
oh yeah, if its MAUVE its a 66
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

HeavyFuel

Thought I'd resurrect this thread, rather than starting a new one.

This comment was not about my car, but an off-base comment about Mopars.

I'm cruising along with my wife, and a redneck lookin' dude pulls next to me and says,

"Hay, nice caaar!"

"Thanks.   :2thumbs: "

"What year is that?

"68"

"Yeah, cool.....my buddy had a Challenger the same year.....it had A/C in it, that was pretty rare back then."

I was thinking, yep, the A/C is kinda rare, but not as rare as a '68 Challenger.

VegasCharger

Now that's funny  :smilielol:

And if you think about it A/C wasn't really that rare in a '68 MoPaR  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Baldwinvette77

"This things gonna be worth alot when your done with it, especially with all the customizing you've done"

5/28/2014   :smilielol:

comet_666

"Is that a Challenger?"
"No, it's a 69 Charger"
"Are you sure?"
"Um...yes"
"I had a 67 Charger just like this and I rolled it going 100MPH, was painted just like the Starsky and Hutch car!"
"I see you suffered some brain damage from it"

Ghoste

Type14

In France,
I was in a gas station,when a guy come to me, he said :

He - Wowwww !!!!!! nice car, I know it, it's a mustang !
Me - No, sorry it's a 68 dodge charger !
He - Yes, but it looks like de 68 mustang !
Me  : eyes:-

Type14

comet_666

My gf just reminded me of the time driving down the expressway when my car was done up like the GL and we were passing a pick up truck with a younger guy and girl in it and the truck had a big 01 on the door! They passenger grabbed the steering wheel while the driver took pics, I sped off before they crashed.
What are the odds of that!

Bens340

Out driving my 73 around ive gotten a few people tell me they love the punisher movies too.. (My cars currently in primer) and usually when people tell me to paint it up like the general lee i either act like i have no idea what theyre talking about or i reply back, "didnt general lee ride a horse?" Idk i guess im a just a douche.   :coolgleamA:
73' charger 340 rallye

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Bens340 on May 29, 2014, 10:57:13 AM
Out driving my 73 around ive gotten a few people tell me they love the punisher movies too.. (My cars currently in primer) and usually when people tell me to paint it up like the general lee i either act like i have no idea what theyre talking about or i reply back, "didnt general lee ride a horse?" Idk i guess im a just a douche.   :coolgleamA:

LOL

MaximRecoil

The ubiquitous "Where's Daisy?" comment is the most annoying in my opinion.

The most surprising comment wasn't due to the comment itself, but rather, who it was coming from. Last year I was parked in the local grocery store parking lot eating lunch, when a couple of girls, who looked to be about 12 years old, walked by, when one of them pointed to my car (which she spotted in the second row of cars from the store entrance) and casually said to the other girl, "That car is like the General Lee".

My car is an orange '69, but it doesn't have an "01" on the doors or anything, and the fact that such a young kid, a girl no less, instantly recognized it as being the same make and model as a car from a show that was canceled about 16 years before she was born, was very surprising.

b5blue

I rolled into work with my 70 for the first time in quite a while. Upon opening my door I here a guy yell "Hey is that a 318 under the hood?" No it's a 440. "Bullshit! I know a 318 when I hear one!" Whatever dude. "Lift the hood I wanna see it before I believe you!" The hood is locked and I gotta get to work, sorry. "Yea I thought so!" HUH? Whatever.
  Later the guy comes to me and apologizes telling me he looked under my car and saw the oil filter pointing forward. Having time I lift the hood and say it's actually a 452 being .060 overbore and he hollers Holy Cow a six pack with three Carter 2bbl carbs! No they are Holley carbs. Then he tells me about his /6 truck that got 52 mpg.
  After 19 years I'm getting sick of this crap.  :eek2:
After work I got the now obligatory comment about painting it orange and yadda yadda Gen. Lee .....so I told them "IF" I were to name it after a General it would be GRANT because he kicked Lee's ass! That ended the Dukes chatter with some laughing.  :lol:
  But I really am getting weary of the crap.  ::)   

Mike DC

Quote"Is that a Challenger?"
"No, it's a 69 Charger"
"Are you sure?"

This one never ceases to amaze me - how often people think you might not know.  

You paid money for it, signed the title, did the paperwork & paid property taxes on it, registered it for plates with the DMV, got it insured, you've searched for replacement parts to maintain it .  . . but yeah, a random bystander might need to inform you what year/model it really is.

c00nhunterjoe

I had a guy at the last cruise ARGUE with me that my cat WAS used in the tv series. He was adamant that it was. I assured him IT WAS NOT. He got mad and quite loud that i was wrong...... clearly he knows more about my car then i do.... at least my goal was achieved though, i wanted it to look like a series used car....lmao

Patronus

^ your cat must do pretty well?

A client ran into my brother driving his '13 blacktop Challenger.
Says, "nice new car! Yesterday I saw the Batmobile driving in town here!! I took a picture"
proceeds to pull out phone and show him a picture of me driving the Charger.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Kern Dog

Quote from: Bens340 on May 29, 2014, 10:57:13 AM

I don't think that having fun qualifies you to be a vaginal cleaner.....

chargerman69

Hear this one all the time, What year of Camaro is it or this a 75 firebird

ACUDANUT

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on May 29, 2014, 06:20:48 PM
I had a guy at the last cruise ARGUE with me that my cat WAS used in the tv series. He was adamant that it was. I assured him IT WAS NOT. He got mad and quite loud that i was wrong...... clearly he knows more about my car then i do.... at least my goal was achieved though, i wanted it to look like a series used car....lmao

What Cat was he talking about. Garfield ?

hemihead

The funniest and dumbest one I heard was when I was a young man back in the early 80 's . My buddy had a nice 72 Charger and we were parked
in a shopping center parking lot after hours hanging out and looking for some street action for gas money . Well this cute girl comes up to my friend and says " Why do all cars come to a point in the front like yours ? "  What???? We tried to explain aerodynamic  basics to her but I think she was just a face with nothing behind it . The only thing she had going for her was her looks .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

69CoronetRT

Quote from: hemihead on May 29, 2014, 07:49:08 PM
The funniest and dumbest one I heard was when I was a young man back in the early 80 's . My buddy had a nice 72 Charger and we were parked
in a shopping center parking lot after hours hanging out and looking for some street action for gas money . Well this cute girl comes up to my friend and says " Why do all cars come to a point in the front like yours ? "  What???? We tried to explain aerodynamic  basics to her but I think she was just a face with nothing behind it . The only thing she had going for her was her looks .

"young man..."
"cute girl..."
"her looks"

Seriously...you thought she wanted to talk aerodynamics?

I'm thinking she wasn't the dumb one.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Charger74

Quote from: 69CoronetRT on May 29, 2014, 08:14:47 PM
Quote from: hemihead on May 29, 2014, 07:49:08 PM

"young man..."
"cute girl..."
"her looks"

Seriously...you thought she wanted to talk aerodynamics?

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:  Might have to agree, of course a lot of us were young and dumb at some point with a pretty girl....

I'm thinking she wasn't the dumb one.

Cooter

"When you by gonna paint it black, put the blower on it, and tub it out like "Dom's" 69!!"
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

ChargedNJ

It wasn't a stupid comment, it was a very nice compliment and funny.  It was like 3 weeks ago i took the car out for the first time this year.  Mind you, my car is very rough, despite nice paint outside, there is no interior, wires everywhere and there's exhaust fumes coming out of many orifices :).  I pulled up to a gas statstion for some fresh premium and the station attendant (young guy..early 20s) was literally in awe.  Said it was an honor to pump my gas, lol!  I thought it was such a nice compliment but was definitely funny.  i was at a bit of a loss for words for how to respond!

RoscoePColtrain

No comments, just bodily fluids... Years ago, boys head out to the club, my friend parks his K-Car ass in.  We come out late at night and notice someone puked all over the drivers side trunk.  Parked beside him was a nice black BMW 325 convertible and on the opposite side two semi decent cars.  My friend was like, "Why my car, there are so many cars out in this lot".  We were not very sympathetic, we were all pretty licked (cept him being the DD) and it was funny... and it was afterall, a K car.

FastbackJon

Guy looking at my '67 Charger at a car show told me his uncle bought a Dodge Charger brand new that looked just like it except that it was a '69 and a convertible. The guy was positive because he was there with him at the dealership when he bought it.

::)
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV