News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stupid comments about your car

Started by 69bronzeT5, March 18, 2008, 01:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

Argos_Chargers

Ipulled the car out of the garage last summer and one of the college kids sittine on the roof of his house shouts "Nice car, is that a Chevelle?" :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
MoPar -- The only way to fly!

moparguy01

taking my buddies charger to the exhaust shop. 71 charger 4 speed car, he went to tie down the existing exhaust up and said "so is this one of the all wheel drive ones?" :brickwall:

71ChallengeHer

I think I'm getting a shirt made that says " I killed the last person that touched my car "    :2thumbs:  We were at a show on Sunday and Jimmy had the 70 Charger there. Someone said nice Camaro. Because it looks just like one.  ::)

71 b-body charger

Sitting in a parking lot and a family friend was going into his 73 charger for something and some guy came up to him and asked him if it was an old car then told him its a nice couger and walked  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
1972 Charger SE

69CoronetRT

I get comments meant for you...

"Nice Charger"

"Um...thanks. Not a Charger"
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

mauve66

Quote from: 69CoronetRT on May 21, 2012, 09:25:12 PM

"Nice Charger"

nice to know its not just us....... :2thumbs:
wonder what the RR crowd gets called............... nice buick, olds,......??
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: mauve66 on May 24, 2012, 06:37:30 PM

"Nice Charger"

Probably 'Bitchin Cuda, my dad had a 64 with a Hemi 8-pack and posi-trac'
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Stretch

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on May 24, 2012, 07:23:34 PM
Quote from: mauve66 on May 24, 2012, 06:37:30 PM

"Nice Charger"

Probably 'Bitchin Cuda, my dad had a 64 with a Hemi 8-pack and posi-trac'

:smilielol:
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

Fred

Took the car for a drive yesterday and when I pulled into a petrol station to fill up (had the nozzle in already) , a woman came up to me and asked if I can afford to drive it with prices as they are.
I just said..........does it look like I'm going to be pushing it. 

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

GOTWING

While parked at the Ocean City car show last weekend i had two guys standing in front of the superbird, looked down at the drivers headlight bucket pointed and said oh it's a superbee! ?? :brickwall: of course everyone said nice superbee all weekend long, now yes some did know what it was. I have in the backseat a wile coyote sitting in my daughters booster seat, and a guy goes oh look theres a wolf in the back seat. :smilielol: maybe i should scrape off the road runner decals on the wing and put a 70 superbee 1/4 panel decal on it!  :eek2:

ACUDANUT

I was at a Car show and parked next to this guys 66 Charger.  He said "nice 68"  (it's a 70 Charger). I thought a fellow Mopar guy who owns a Charger would be able to know the difference.

GOTWING

DodgeChargerNeeded

Just picked up a 68 Charger from a fellow member and was working on it today at my brothers shop guy walks in oh thats a nice car you should put a 427 in it. I said yup i'll get right on that. Yesterday it was a 72 Lemans from another guy.
Jeff

ChargerD100

Not about my car but comment i made bout another guys charger i saw today. Felt a little bad afterwards. Car is all set up to look like a 69  with grille but has 68 front fenders i walk up and say hey nice 70 noticing 70 interior and vin he looked pretty put off that i called it what it was instead of a 69
Current Mopars: 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins, 1970 Dodge D100

My old Build Thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82511.0.html

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 25, 2012, 08:55:23 AM
I was at a Car show and parked next to this guys 66 Charger.  He said "nice 68"  (it's a 70 Charger). I thought a fellow Mopar guy who owns a Charger would be able to know the difference.

I can't tell a 66 from a 67 either.  They all look the same to me.

Uh oh, I'm a racial profiler when it comes to 1st gens.

GOTWING

The only difference i know is that 67's have turn signal indicators on the top edge of the front fenders. This weekend i was at a small car show with the Superbird and i had a guy ask me if i kept it in a garage? :eek2: i said no i just keep lots of wax on it. :lol:

Ghoste

Not the only difference (not by a longshot) but certainly one of the quicker ways to spot them from outside the car.

Dino

Quote from: Ghoste on June 11, 2012, 08:25:22 AM
Not the only difference (not by a longshot) but certainly one of the quicker ways to spot them from outside the car.

I'd say the console is the big giveaway.  If it doesn't run all the way to the back it's a '67.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on June 10, 2012, 07:06:32 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 25, 2012, 08:55:23 AM

I can't tell a 66 from a 67 either.  They all look the same to me.

Uh oh, I'm a racial profiler when it comes to 1st gens.

Umm, reread the portion in black.

GOTWING

i was commenting on Hatersaurusrex not being able to tell a 66 from a 67.

ACUDANUT

Gotwing, that was directed at him, not you. :2thumbs:

hatersaurusrex

What I meant was, if I were at a carshow and saw a 66, I might say 'nice 67' and get it totally wrong, even though I'm a fellow charger owner.  For that matter I can't tell a lot of the 3rd gens apart either.   In other words, just cause you own a Charger doesn't mean you can tell them all apart.   I can tell 2nd gens apart instantly, but not everyone can.

ACUDANUT