News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stupid comments about your car

Started by 69bronzeT5, March 18, 2008, 01:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpbprox

Not stupid just annoying, just like you gays get, everyone calls my 71 charger and Challenger. It hasn't been on the road yet, its at the body shop, so I'm sure when I start driving it ill get more dumb stuff. They also think its a 69 or they just think I should put a flag on top of it

Charger-Bodie

"Hey honey, thats one of those Super Bees"
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

charge69

Well,  it looks pretty "SUPER" to me too !!  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Musicman

Stupid question?... Owner of the 68 Charger parked next to my 67 at a local car show wanted to no what kind of car I was driving?  :rotz:

CrAzYMoPaRGuY

Back in 1989 my buddy found an ad for a 1961 Cadillac. He wanted it, so I drove him out to look at it in my 1980 Cordoba LS.

We pulled up at the very end of the guy's driveway. He owned a Grand National, parked right by his house.
We knocked on his door, out he came, nice guy, and Jim started asking questions about the Caddy, but the guy seemed more interested in my Cordoba?!?!
Asked me all sorts of questions, asked if it had ever been to the track, I said it went 12.80s all day long.
He then asked me what boost I was running. I said it didn't have nitrous. He again asked what boost, if I had an adjustable wastegate etc... I told him it was a naturally aspirated 360. He looked at me incredulously and asked why I would have done that to a Grand National.
:smilielol:

I told him it was a Cordoba, NOT a Grand National. He walked down the driveway, looked in my Cordoba, walked around my Cordoba, and STILL thought it was a Grand National.
And he OWNED a Grand National, it was 50 feet away from my Cordoba!!!
:coocoo:

Benji

Quote from: Mick70RR on March 18, 2008, 01:45:35 PM
I was warming the engine on the car park at work yesterday when a guy from the place I work came over and said " I see you still havn't sorted that idle problem out have you". Comp XS290S.

I had a '70 Cuda with a 340 and a wild Lunati cam.  My (ex) father-in-law listened to it idle for a few seconds and said "ya need to git the carb adjusted."

A buddy of mine owns a 71 Duster and says he has been asked a couple of times what year his "Mustang" was.

Benji

Rubberduck

Here in Germany people don´t know at all what car this is.
They just think it must be American because of its size. An all American cars gasguzzlers.
90% only ask me: How much gas does it need?
If I know what car that person is driving, my answer always is like this: " How much fun is it to drive a VW Golf? ".
or " It needs about 500 liters a year. "

Mario
´68 Charger, 505 by CWE, 4-speed

myk

Hanging out by the car during a show and these two delicious bimbos walk by.  Of course, like most women they think they have to know/think they know everything so as they walk by the Charger one of them says "oh wow look at that," to which the other one replies "oh yeah, I like the style on those-that must be a '76."  To which the other one replies "no way my dad had one of those it's definitely a '79"

I'd say they need to keep it in the kitchen but I have a feeling they wouldn't know which end of a knife to use, so yeah, I'll be microwavin'.....
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

ChgrSteve67

You should know better than to listen to what a bimbo has to say. Severe brain damage can occur.

They are ment for looking at and for taking pictures of when laying naked on or in your car.

Brock Samson

Remind me again Steve, You'r single right?..  :lol:

mauve66

Quote from: CrAzYMoPaRGuY on August 01, 2011, 07:11:36 PM
No sympathy for ANY of you!
:nana:

Try driving a Jensen Interceptor!!!!!!!
You couldn't make up dumber stuff than I have heard!!

is that an Avanti?????.......................... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

ChgrSteve67

I was single for 30 years and even now that I'm married I still don't listen.  Just ask my wife.
Note: Let me be clear I am not calling my wife a bimbo.

My neighbors two teenage girls came over to my house one day to talk to me about something I have long forgotten about and I thought I was going to have a aneurysm.

mauve66

like fur sure dude........................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Brock Samson

CrAzYMoPaRGuY

Quote from: mauve66 on August 03, 2011, 04:10:33 PM
Quote from: CrAzYMoPaRGuY on August 01, 2011, 07:11:36 PM
No sympathy for ANY of you!
:nana:

Try driving a Jensen Interceptor!!!!!!!
You couldn't make up dumber stuff than I have heard!!

is that an Avanti?????.......................... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Had a few of those, even recently by a Jensen owner on the Jensen newsletter!

I had several "Lamborgini?" reactions when I first got it on the road. I told them all, "No, Jensen." to which three said "Lamborghini Jensen?" "NO! Jensen Interceptor. Almost always followed by "Who makes that?"
:'(

How about the guy who owned the exact same car for 10 years. Chevy Monza.
Is that a kit car?
Did you make that car yourself?
James Bond car!
Corvette, Lotus, Saab, Pacer crossed with a ___, Jensen Healy, "Get Smart car", Dodge Jensen, etc etc

My favorite was "How did you make the rear window?"
:brickwall:

BigBlackDodge

My favorite was "How did you make the rear window?"

So....................how did you?

BBD :nana:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on August 03, 2011, 04:14:31 PM
I was single for 30 years and even now that I'm married I still don't listen.  Just ask my wife.
Note: Let me be clear I am not calling my wife a bimbo.

My neighbors two teenage girls came over to my house one day to talk to me about something I have long forgotten about and I thought I was going to have a aneurysm.

Okay, I'm Confused.  What does this have to do with the post. :shruggy:

ChgrSteve67

Really?  Just read a few posts before that one.

ChargerD100

Car show I was at with my dad (i was about 11 or 12) we drove my dads 64 polara at the time it had a sticker that Said DODGE in big letters and eatin' chevy's shittin' ford's,  a guy walks up to my dad, "hey what year Impala is that? I have one of every year and none look like this?!?"
Current Mopars: 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins, 1970 Dodge D100

My old Build Thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82511.0.html

jaak

I pulled up at Sonic one night in the '73 Rallye, and a guy said "Hey, nice Satellite".

Jason

64dartgt

Today.  I answer the door for the guy coming over to give me a quote for windows.  He claims to be a "car guy" but identifies the car on my shirt as a camaro.  The car on my shirt is a perfectly recognizable 73 charger in the same colors as mine.  No sale for him.

UH60L

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on March 18, 2008, 01:32:07 PM
I'm sure its been talked about before, I searched "comment" in the search box, went through 6 pages of search results and didnt find anything so I'm posting.

Has anybody here had somebody say something stupid about your car and what was the comment. Heres one from me......

"Pimp it out to look like the general lee"  :rotz:

My opinion:  the words "pimp" and "general lee" should never be used in the same sentence.... 

(and yes, I know there was a rollign brothel in one of the first episodes of the show, but that doesn't make it any more correct.....)

UH60L

Quote from: Joshua on March 18, 2008, 01:39:08 PM
"You should paint it orange."

Well, if your car is a '68 or '69, at least the person saying that was smart enough to know that it's the same year used in the show.

Just because you maybe don't like the Dukes, or have no intention of making a general lee, doesn't make that comment necessarily stupid......

Now, the kid that told the owner of the '72 that it looked like the general lee....that's stupid, hehe