News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stupid comments about your car

Started by 69bronzeT5, March 18, 2008, 01:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Kevin68N71 on April 15, 2008, 05:46:16 PM

1) Wanna score some dope man?

2) Know where I can score some dope man?

3) Wanna buy some great speakers I got in the back of this van?

But you ONLY get these if you have longer hair, AND drive an older muscle car.

GRRREEEAAAATTTTTT :coocoo:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

pettyfan43

Quote from: Troy on April 15, 2008, 02:00:03 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 22, 2008, 07:14:19 PM
What is C-spripes ?  Hey if you give me your e-mail. I will send you a picture of my 73 Ramcharger.  I tried to post them here, but this dumb set up we have tells me the file is too large.. I never have a problem posting pictures except here in our web-site. Moderators...Are you listening ??
Hmmm, this "dumb set up" is free but I'll make you a deal. You volunteer to pay the hosting/bandwidth charges and I'll let you post pictures in any size you want. Sound fair? The current bill is $150 per month but the additional storage and bandwidth will likely bump that to a bit over $200. I take cash.

Thanks,
Troy

Thank You Troy and By the way, Photoshop AIN'T too hard to use, and neither is PICASA and that one is FREE!!!  EASY to make your pics smaller with either one, I have to for anything I post here.

hemihead

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 15, 2008, 06:16:59 PM

GRRREEEAAAATTTTTT :coocoo:
Back in the late 70's I used to get pulled over once a week for the " good old Tech " inspection . Might have had something to do with me giving it to the Police Chief's sister though  :scratchchin:   :shruggy:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

C_stripes

I just use photobucket.  Works all right.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

MoParMetal

How many of you guys have longer hair now, or did "back in the day" (I hate that expression, almost as much a freaking "old school" but nevermind) and someone would look you up and down and say one of three dumbazz things:

Never understood that one.

damn i never needed to drive to get those questions!
:lol:
looking for another one
xbox gamertag: mprmtl

DodgeChargerNeeded

Had Torq Thrust II's on a previous charger. "Hey these old cars sure look good with those Cragars"
Jeff

jefcharger

Quote from: Death1970Proof on March 18, 2008, 02:45:46 PM
When you have a duster people will call it a nova on a daily basis.... :slap:

Thats because it was drawn by the same guy, this designer left gm and went to chrysler, and draw the nova how he wanted it at first, but dissaproved by gm...the Duster was born... :2thumbs:
69 charger RT/440

Joshua

Rallye

I've heard this one a couple times:

"That's not a Charger, it's a 3rd gen."  :-\
1972 Charger Rallye - 400magnum

The70RT

Quote from: Rallye on April 18, 2008, 09:39:27 AM
I've heard this one a couple times:

"That's not a Charger, it's a 3rd gen."  :-\

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dans 68

I got the classic line from a GTO owner this past weekend at the local art and wine festival, which happened to have a car show as part of the celebration (some photos attached). I didn't bring my ride as you have to stay all day (and I do have a life besides Chargers  :eyes:), but I perused the rides, and no Mopars were in evidence. Hmmm. I jokingly asked some of the local goat population there where the hell the Mopars were, and they didn't know. I replied back "I would have brought my '68 Charger if I had known the show was is such disrepair from its lack of classy cars" ( :rofl:). The guy I was talking to yelled over "hey, that thing got a hemi?". I just shook my head and wandered over to the big bubble wand booth with my daughter. What a maroon.... :brickwall:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

1969chargerrtse

About every 3rd time I take a ride I hear someone drive by my Orange 69 Charger and yell out Yeeee Haaaaaa.   At frst it bugged me, but I know the love for the GL is real and I let it slide.

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Lostsheep

One that sticks out the most for me. A customer of mine when I managed a bar told me if I ever put the rebel flag on my roof he was gonna piss on my car. He was a black guy and usually drunk, but whatever. I told him if he did that he might get a pistol screwed in his ear.

BROCK

I have a 70 Charger R/T SE with blacked out grill.  A buddy of mine is fond of it & bragging on it asks his
latest girlfriend what she thinks about it.  She replied, "Eh, lokks like a vacuum cleaner."  He dumped her
later that night ;D

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

Neal_J

I get a lot of stoopid comments and most of them I ignore.  I get far more thumbs up and "nice ride, dude" so it's cool overall.

But the one comment from total strangers that irritates me is "How much do you think your car is worth?"  It would be different if someone was asking for the price at which I'd consider selling (never) but it's not the case.  I just find the question to be as intrusive as if a total stranger asked to see my paycheck.  Although my response has been a curt "I don't know" I'd prefer to respond that it's none of your f**king business. 

Vent concluded, thanks for listening.

Peace, Neal

PS - WAIT.  Did Cody both begin an entertaining thread AND do a search beforehand to ensure the topic wasn't addressed previously?   

Wow, our little buckaroo is maturing so fast...

jdiesel33

Quote from: Neal_J on June 12, 2008, 04:57:27 PM
I get a lot of stoopid comments and most of them I ignore.  I get far more thumbs up and "nice ride, dude" so it's cool overall.

But the one comment from total strangers that irritates me is "How much do you think your car is worth?"  It would be different if someone was asking for the price at which I'd consider selling (never) but it's not the case.  I just find the question to be as intrusive as if a total stranger asked to see my paycheck.  Although my response has been a curt "I don't know" I'd prefer to respond that it's none of your f**king business. 

:iagree:
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

jdiesel33

How about just plain and simple "When you get it fixed up, are you gonna sell it?"   :flush:
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

IowaCharger69

At the first roll-in I managed to get my "barely legal" beast to I had some clown with a 66 Charger walk up to me. He immediately, not like after an introduction after a moment or two of awkward conversation, BUT IMMEDIATELY starts in on how amazing his numbers matching 66 was.

At a glance it was nice, then again, once I had some time to look at it I began to notice a few things. His prefect numbers matching car had a CHAMELEON paint painted on vinyl top-esk thing. I also found out that it was just a 318 2bbl car. It also looked like he crashed into a Pep Boys and had every piece of ricer crap stick to the inside of his car. This might be an exaggeration but I don't think he would do a modification unless he could peel off the backing and adhere it to his car. He has of course had a built 440 out of his basket case 67, HERE COMES THE STUPID COMMENT, "well it's a basketcase but at least it looks better than this [gestures at my car]"

I didn't notice but at this point my wife and buddy walk off. They couldn't believe this prick.

"Ummmm, what?" I ask, giving this asshole the benefit of the doubt.

"Well my car is a basketcase but at least it doesn't look THIS bad", he replies.

I turned on my heels but muttered loud enough for him to hear to "eat a dick".

This shut him up, though he did glare at me through a pair of big ass Jackie O sunglasses the rest of the night. He had to be the most socially awkward reject I have ever met. I wouldn't be half surprised if the woman he was with was his wrangler, like the responsible adults that watch the mentally handicapped kids at the fair.

BTW, later at the same show I turned my back on my car for a second only to find some old man sitting on my hood. I guess If I owed a first generation mustang I wouldn't think old cars were worth anything either.

Also, his ass left a ring of scratches on my new AMD hood. If my car had been painted I would have pulled the chrome foot gas pedal off that 66 and beaten that old man to death with it.

A little insight into the world of a man that brings his primered but straight as an arrow Charger to every car show he can get it to. I suppose I should get used to this abuse.

charge-it

The stupidist thing I hear is "ya gonna make a general lee outta it?" Everybody likes whatever they like and I don`t fault anybody for that. I`m just not a fan of the general lee, I`m a fan of the bullitt Charger and I`m sure there may be a few people that don`t like that car. But I`ve never heard of anyone around here that doesn`t like the Bullit Charger. Heck some idiot just paid 710.00 for a Danbury mint 1/24 scale diecast on ebay when you can still buy them directly from Danbury for 140.00.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

elanmars

here's a few:

that thing got a hemi?

that thing's got a 440 eh?

i bet you have to gas it up every 5 minutes!  :brickwall:

you need to make it into a general lee!  :smilielol:

:brickwall: i bet you get like, 5 feet to the gallon. (this came from a guy that was at first all gushing over the car and then he made some dick headed comments, i guess to feel better about himself, 'cause he had a shitty ricer).

and i get the "how much?" at least once a week. i went the other day to wendys to get a frosty and the manager ran out of the store to stop me, to check out the car, he asked if it was a 72, i told him no but he's very close, 73. he looked it over and he was all, oh man, i want to buy this, how much? i said it's my baby, it's not for sale. then he said he could get $3000 that night. i said, nah. then he said, well, how about $5000? i can even get you more, just come back in two days! this guy just couldn't understand "ITS, NOT, FOR, SALE". at least he obviously dug the vehicle, said mopars are the baddest, etc. it's just, dude, i'm not going to sell it!

this one's not too annoying but i get it often, "nice challenger!/is that a challenger?" at least they keep it within the mopar family. at least. about a month ago, i had a girl in a new charger approach me, look at my car and ask if it's a challenger..AND i have that huge decal that says CHARGER on the front windshield. she was looking RIGHT at it. i'm not a mean guy but that would have been soooo easy.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

BROCK

I like Bill Envall answers to some of these questions!    :cheers:  It's just that they never
come to me when I need them :RantExplode:  Heres my sign ::)

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

MaximRecoil

Old thread, but entertaining topic ...

(1969 Charger with the remnants of a decades-old General Lee paint job)

"What year is this, '78?"

"So, you're building the ultimate redneck car." (this coming from someone driving an '80s conversion van that would make Junior Samples look like a Wall Street broker).

"Dukes of Hazzard ... huh-huh ... heh-heh ... YEE HAW!! ... heh-heh."

"Where's Daisy?"

"You gonna jump it?"

"My friend has one just like it, but it has a T-top."

"Where did you get it?" This is not really a stupid question/comment, but I've been asked it forty-eleven thousand times; and what difference does it make where I got it; i.e., why is that such a popular question? The question is especially annoying in this case because I got it 17 years ago and I don't remember the name of the town nor the name of the person I bought it from. So instead of just being able to say the name of the town and/or person, I have to say something like "Somewhere up past Lincoln. I don't remember the name of the town. It was 17 years ago." Then they usually start offering names of towns up in that area along with names of people that they think I might have gotten it from; so I have to say "I don't know" or "I don't remember" several more times until they are satisfied that they won't be able to jog my memory.

My mechanic/friend seems to be getting sick of the question too, because lately he's been giving random answers when people ask him where he got it (mistakenly assuming it is his car), like "Tennessee" or "Georgia". 

GordonGriggs

Back in 1985 I was working at a gas station. A man about 60 years old asked me about my yellow 1966 dodge charger. He asked " hey, Isnt that a 55 desoto?"   :smilielol: I could only laugh. He was old enough to know better.

Then around 1992 I saw an ad in the local newspaper for a set  of 1969 dodge charger taillight lenses. The guy selling them was really nice and we talked about cars for a while and I told him about my 1966 Dodge Charger. He started screaming at me that there was no such thing as a 1966 dodge charger!!! He insisted that 1969 was the first year :brickwall:. When I went to his house to buy the lenses I took photo's and registration to my 1966 Charger. By the time I got to his house he had already called a friend of his and got the facts straight.

1969chargerrtse

My car is beautiful except for the gas cap on top of the fender.  ::)
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

resq302

Middle eastern guy at the gas station asked......"So was this an original hemi car?"   Yup! I figured it was too bad on gas so I removed the hemi, sold it, and got a smaller 383 for better fuel economy. 
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto