News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first charger....the work begins

Started by upstateholdings, May 05, 2014, 07:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

Ken I think ghoste saw that out the front of your place , and turned that into a car

fy469rtse, not that one, see the trash cans next to it? Yep, I cut all the parts up (was pretty easy) and the trash truck took it!  :D

Up State, unless by a few dollars you mean $5.00 buy a new one! About the only thing you cannot get new is seat and dash frames.

Have you had the frame and spring perches checked yet?  :scratchchin:

Cuda Ken
I am back

Memphis Mopar

Upstate... Congrats on getting your charger. What part of Florida.. I live south of Tampa.  :cheers:

upstateholdings

Thanks Memphis. Just ordered bigger aluminum blade fan to help with the summer heat, and new front struts. I'm west, over on Clearwater beach, hoping to have this thing out of the shop in a few weeks and start seeing where people gather to check out some more of these cars.

cudaken

Front struts?  :scratchchin:

Sorry to pick on you, I am weak!  :slap:
I am back

upstateholdings

Ken...you are indeed one tough customer man. Once you sell a few hundred cars, shocks and struts all blur together. Perches and frame look good, actually had a guy check them out today just for you  :icon_smile_cool:

Gas tank came out today, got a packet of receipts from last owner dating back to the 70's for all the services done. Should have fuel and brakes situated and able to drive around in another week or two. 

cudaken

Sorry Up State, I am weak.  :shruggy:

Glad to hear your frame is in good shape!  :2thumbs:

Ken
I am back

MxRacer855

Quote from: fy469rtse on May 06, 2014, 03:08:53 AM
Quote from: MxRacer855 on May 05, 2014, 09:59:27 PM
This is awesome!   :cheers: My '68 Charger that I purchased in the summer of last year was due for a few new pieces of metal. It turned into a complete rotisserie resto! I've got a long way to go, so we're in the same boat! Hopefully each or our questions being answered can help the other. ;)

Good luck and I can't wait to see the pics along the way!  :2thumbs:

Jeff
start a thread Jeff, photo document your work , its good to look back at it to progress made , and we like pictures lots

You got it! I'll get one going here soon!  :2thumbs:

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

upstateholdings

Build sheet and some new part arrivals.

upstateholdings

Sitting at the shop, valve cover off - so looks like the guy wasn't bs'ing when he said the motor was fresh.

Wicked72

M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

MxRacer855

Can't wait to see the updates! Good luck!  :2thumbs:

crj1968

700 horsepower a dana 60 and drive it as is !   :2thumbs:

Congrats man, it's a good feeling to own a Charger.