News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Back in Black (wheels)

Started by HeavyFuel, October 10, 2005, 12:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyFuel

Black wheels can look pretty sharp on Chargers, and they can really make a statement, especially when it seems like most cars have chrome or some kind of high polished look.  But on what cars were black wheels the norm, vs. colored wheels?  I think Hemi cars came with the 15" steel wheels as standard, but were they body color, or black?  Maybe no wheels were body color from the factory, and some folks just like to get 'em painted to match.  Beats me.

I'm just curious, my car has the Mag 500's stock, and the original spare is on a black wheel.

Just 6T9 CHGR

If the car was originally coded for poverty caps or dog dishes, the wheels were painted body color.

If it was coded for full wheel covers they were painted black.

The 69 1/2 lift off hood cars (440-6 Super Bee's & Road Runners) got fully exposed black steel wheels with no caps of any kind.

Thats my take on it
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

charge69

My Charger came with full wheel covers and the wheels are black. The wheels on it now ( see avatar ) are borrowed from a friend and the originals are in the garage. Trying to decide whether or not to go with the 440-6 look with all black wheels and chrome lugs or not. Really like that look on certain cars.

Spike

Like this  ;D

charge69

Hey Spike , those black wheels and BFG tires look awesome on that color combination!!  Love your '70!! :yesnod: :yesnod:

jaak

Quote from: Spike on October 10, 2005, 01:58:30 PM
Like this ;D

:2thumbs: sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!! :2thumbs:

Jon Smith

Got my racing rears on here. normally they're black all round

here they are not showing up in the dark ;D

Spike

Quote from: charge69 on October 10, 2005, 03:25:58 PM
Hey Spike , those black wheels and BFG tires look awesome on that color combination!!  Love your '70!! :yesnod: :yesnod:
Quote from: jaak on October 10, 2005, 03:29:39 PM
Quote from: Spike on October 10, 2005, 01:58:30 PM
Like this ;D

:2thumbs: sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!! :2thumbs:

Thanks Guys  :2thumbs:

Blakcharger440

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on October 10, 2005, 08:10:50 AM
If the car was originally coded for poverty caps or dog dishes, the wheels were painted body color.

The 69 1/2 lift off hood cars (440-6 Super Bee's & Road Runners) got fully exposed black steel wheels with no caps of any kind.

Thats my take on it

Interesting.  Thanks.

Nice ride, Spike!

Shakey

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on October 10, 2005, 08:10:50 AM

Thats my take on it

:iagree:

My car has the dog dishes with painted wheels.  I will use these for now and later on get a set of Magnum 500's.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Khyron

I want those 69 dog dish caps :drool:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.