News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

For my 3rd gen brethren...KWS's 1972 Charger!

Started by Ponch ®, March 17, 2008, 10:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 25, 2008, 01:14:55 AM
Quote from: KWS on March 24, 2008, 09:30:57 PM
Or you could do like I did and get rid of the drip rail completely!

dumb question...but are the drip rails the trim around the window? If so, i can live without them.

I don't know...if I can ever get my car to look the way I want it (at which point I will claim the title of baddest 3rd gen ever from you - just a heads up  :D), the louvers will give it a certain evil look. Good thing I have a looong time to try to make up my mind about it.

My Charger,  $15K or so from now:

Thanks to ds for the badass photoshop!
thats sharp do it just like that   :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ponch ®

Quote from: moparstuart on March 25, 2008, 01:56:07 PM

that's the plan...i think one of the more challenging parts of it will be getting that stance (without blowing the GDP of Somalia on a Magnumforce or Alterkation suspension)

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

doctorpimp

'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

Charger74

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 25, 2008, 06:11:26 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on March 25, 2008, 01:56:07 PM

that's the plan...i think one of the more challenging parts of it will be getting that stance (without blowing the GDP of Somalia on a Magnumforce or Alterkation suspension)

Don't worry because you won't.  Those are not made for 73 and up cars. Only 72 and older Ponch.   So unless they start making them anytime soon, you are pretty much stuck using stock front end stuff with some goodies from Firm Feel.

Ponch ®

Quote from: doctorpimp on March 25, 2008, 06:16:24 PM
HIJACK...  :2guns:

Hey...at least we're talking cars here, unlike Brock's egregiously starstruck and shameless attention whoring... :D

Quote from: Charger74 on March 26, 2008, 08:11:15 AM
Don't worry because you won't.  Those are not made for 73 and up cars. Only 72 and older Ponch.   So unless they start making them anytime soon, you are pretty much stuck using stock front end stuff with some goodies from Firm Feel.

Really? I figured that it would...just because they're all from the same generation. What makes the 71-72s different from 73-74's?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 25, 2008, 01:14:55 AM

dumb question...but are the drip rails the trim around the window? If so, i can live without them.

drip rail is not the chromed trim, thats the drip rail molding. Drip rail is where attachs that molding, and is a water channel. Saves you from more water against the glasses. Being a hardtop ( non framed doors ) I wouldn't shave that. That kind of assembly doesn't supposrt the water like framed doors.

well that is just a suggestion.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 26, 2008, 11:56:53 AM

Really? I figured that it would...just because they're all from the same generation. What makes the 71-72s different from 73-74's?

well I dunno if tubular front ends are made to 73/74 yet, but is true, 73/74s are TOTALLY diff from 71/72. None part interchangeable. For a while 71/72 UCA anmd shock absorver is mounted directly on unibody, 73/74 are mounted on an extension of K frame, with a plate

maybe ask here will be an option to know if 73/74 are being made

http://www.magnumforce.com/store4/magnumforce_kmember.htm

HIGHJACK STORY CONTINUES... sorry  KWS

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

KWS

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on March 26, 2008, 12:02:16 PM

well I dunno if tubular front ends are made to 73/74 yet, but is true, 73/74s are TOTALLY diff from 71/72. None part interchangeable. For a while 71/72 UCA anmd shock absorver is mounted directly on unibody, 73/74 are mounted on an extension of K frame, with a plate

No problem on the hijack. I think RMS is working on a unit for the 73/74's too, but I don't know how soon it will be out.

Charger74

Quote from: KWS on March 26, 2008, 01:29:28 PM
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on March 26, 2008, 12:02:16 PM

No problem on the hijack. I think RMS is working on a unit for the 73/74's too, but I don't know how soon it will be out.

I know Bill had mentioned he would try someday to make one, but this was a few years ago.  Haven't heard much since.  I think he was waiting to get an actual car that he can try to use for the construction and testing process.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Charger74 on March 26, 2008, 03:15:07 PM
   I think he was waiting to get an actual car that he can try to use for the construction and testing process.

:scratchchin:

Charger1973

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 26, 2008, 03:18:32 PM
Quote from: Charger74 on March 26, 2008, 03:15:07 PM
   I think he was waiting to get an actual car that he can try to use for the construction and testing process.

:scratchchin:

Wheres he located?  Too bad I know its nowhere near me... I have a 73 shell he could borrow for as long as he wanted in trade for a setup for my car. 

BROCK

Hey...at least we're talking cars here, unlike Brock's egregiously starstruck and shameless attention whoring... :D

I did stay on topic, I did!   :angel:  errm...um...the pic was a trial signature pic...yeah thats the ticket.

Maybe this one would be better?

The 73 up cars used an isolated K member & tranny crossmember with rubber biscuits.  This is why I chose the 72 SE & think it was smart of Kenny to have chosen like he did. 

Just trying to stay on topic ;D

I actually like the doors & quarter panels on the 73-74 better - but 71 R/T stripes & 72 SE plugs both help the shape of the 71-72 cars tremendously :2thumbs:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

Ponch ®

Quote from: BROCK on March 26, 2008, 05:53:28 PM

I did stay on topic, I did!   :angel:  errm...um...the pic was a trial signature pic...yeah thats the ticket.

dont sweat it bro...i was talking about the other Brock... :nana:

BROCK

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 26, 2008, 11:35:36 PM

dont sweat it bro...i was talking about the other Brock... :nana:

Well Ponch!  Should i add my last name 'Wood' to my sig out of respect for the first Brock?! 

Hey Kenny:  Will your fine 72 SE be making a scheduled or even 'unofficial' visit back home to S'port? 
I would love to see it in person & share what ifs.....& solutions!!!  Keep dreamin bro:  Thats what makes the
music  :cheers:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

ramit

So what's the scoop on the 72' charger?  I noticed you had the duster at MATS.  That duster is pretty sweet but I was bummed out that you didn't drive the 72 charger.

Ponch ®

Heads up, boyz....the Hot Rod TV episode featuring KWS' Charger will be airing this weekend (April 26th) on the Speed Channel!

pettyfan43

Maybe this one would be better?

The 73 up cars used an isolated K member & tranny crossmember with rubber biscuits.  This is why I chose the 72 SE & think it was smart of Kenny to have chosen like he did. 

Just trying to stay on topic ;D

I actually like the doors & quarter panels on the 73-74 better - but 71 R/T stripes & 72 SE plugs both help the shape of the 71-72 cars tremendously :2thumbs:

You can ALSO get a "Police Car service kit" for the Diplomat?/Volare/ and St Regis that REPLACES those horrible rubber suspension rubber isolators with STEEL mounts, I have a set on my car and they make a WORLD of difference. Gives you back the road feel missing from these cars, and makes it a lot more like the 66-72 b-bodies.

They are about 100 bucks, WHEN you can find em!  Last I heard they were NS1 and I got the last kit that the old Koller Dodge had about 10 years ago. You might be able to get them in urethane, OR luck into an old Cop car in a scrap yard.

Good Luck.

Nacho-RT74

Solids are being sold around. Have not the link because I'm not interested, I like isolation, bute I have seen them around. Not that hard.

1968 Charger B5

the 73/74    cars ride the best though...71 just has it all in the looks department.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Charger
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner
1998 Jeep Cherokee SRT

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: what I do?..  :shruggy:   :'(  now ya' don't hurt my one remaining feeling...  :eek2:

JohnC

Quote from: KWS on March 19, 2008, 09:56:26 PM
Quote from: MoParMetal on March 18, 2008, 11:40:06 PM

QuoteDana 44 rear end

:shruggy:

We were originally going to put and independent rear suspension with a Viper dif. but found out it would be WAY too much fabricating for our time frame, so we went with a 4 link with a Dana 44. Mopar sent us the Dana 44, so that's what we used.

Quote from: Charger74 on March 19, 2008, 09:03:42 AM
Kenny,

What did you do with the rear suspension since you say you mini-tubbed it????  I am really curious.... :scratchchin:

We used a spring relocation kit.

Hey Kenny,

Did you use a stock width Dana housing or was that narrowed at all?        If so, how much did you narrow the housing by???

Thanks

RD

i barely missed seeing KWS' charger at heartland park in topeka during the HR Power tour.  I got there too late and they loaded it up already. "sniff, sniff"
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

MaceDew

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat