News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

For my 3rd gen brethren...KWS's 1972 Charger!

Started by Ponch ®, March 17, 2008, 10:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KWS

For clarification, I'm looking for the roof rail weatherstripping along the top of the windows. We have everything else, it's just that these SE's have that plug in the window, so the shape is unique. My guys are fabricating something that I  think will work, but if anyone finds an exact reproduction let me know.

Thanks!

TruckDriver

Quote from: KWS on March 20, 2008, 04:03:52 PM
So guys, i need a bit of help here. Is there not ANYONE who reproduces the weather stripping for a 1972 SE? We're having some trouble finding the right stuff. Any suggestions?

There probably are a few guys on my site that has some good used pieces. There are a bunch of guys who own them on my site. Plus our junk yard king who is always finding stuff. To the best of my knollage, no one reproduces it yet.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Nacho-RT74

Specific 72 SEs parts are not being reproed yet.

I'm sure 73/74 are REALLY diff weatherstrip, but... ARE YOU SURE 72 SE isn't the same than regular just cut shorter and hidding end inside body plug ?

I think only parts that need to be made are sail weatherstrp and catwisker parts ( outer and upper panel weatherstrips ), but rest are I think the same.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

BROCK

I'll take a pic tomorrow Kenny.  Off the top of my head, though;  I believe that upper side glass weatherstrip
is the same for all 71 & 72 Chargers - just like Nacho said.  It is afterall the same quarter glass.

Pic tomorrow....

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

MoParMetal

Quote from: moparstuart on March 20, 2008, 03:30:11 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on March 20, 2008, 02:37:37 PM
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on March 20, 2008, 02:27:33 PM
Quote from: 2Gunz on March 19, 2008, 10:22:23 PM

Nice Car.

Kinda makes me want to go get a 3rd gen now.

Great more cars.........

you will be welcomed by

actually, us 3rd gen people are more like Ewoks of the MOPAR world. The 2nd gen and E-Body guys are the  Empire....
the wing car guys are the jedi   

does this mean im going to be a Je-wok?
looking for another one
xbox gamertag: mprmtl

KWS

Quote from: BROCK on March 21, 2008, 12:19:55 AM
I'll take a pic tomorrow Kenny.  Off the top of my head, though;  I believe that upper side glass weatherstrip
is the same for all 71 & 72 Chargers - just like Nacho said.  It is afterall the same quarter glass.

Pic tomorrow....

Let me know what you find out, I have the one's for a regular 71-72... my guys didn't try them because they say on the package "will not fit SE's" Every web site I can find that sells the weatherstripping says the same thing.

Thanks!

Brock Samson

Kenny I'd sure like to see some decent side profile pics of the Charger, cause the black and the lighting makes it pretty difficult to see the over all effect of the Mods...

(though those are damn good camara photos Poncharello...)  :yesnod: can I ask what phone your using to take such good shots?..

I like this view the best so far...

Ponch ®

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 21, 2008, 11:22:07 AM

(though those are damn good camara photos Poncharello...)  :yesnod: can I ask what phone your using to take such good shots?..

I used an LGVX8700 phone, which has a 2 MP camera.

I only took the pics in my original post. The ones that were posted later were probably taken with a 'real' camera, hence the superior quality. Still...mine aren't bad, considering what I used, huh? I just wished I hadn't left the "night mode" on, which messed up the colors.

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Brock Samson

hey man,.. you ever get your Charger runnin?... no,.. not that new piece 'o crap, the REAL one?..
or is it still parked on the lawn?..  :lol:

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: KWS on March 21, 2008, 10:30:53 AM
Quote from: BROCK on March 21, 2008, 12:19:55 AM

Pic tomorrow....

Let me know what you find out, I have the one's for a regular 71-72... my guys didn't try them because they say on the package "will not fit SE's" Every web site I can find that sells the weatherstripping says the same thing.

Thanks!

As far to vendors, 72s SEs are very unknown model, so they can state ANYTHING and they will be wrong. They just associate the 72 SE to the 73/74 SE where is a fact they are diff and non interchangeable, because weatherstrip runs down by the B pillar post.

Plus being a fact catwiskers ( or window felts ) quarter window related are diff, they think ALL weatherstrips are diff

They are ignorants in some case even to popular models LOL.

What about if we think 71 SE is diff just because is an SE... and 71SE is same regular hardtop model

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

Ponch ®

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 21, 2008, 12:42:18 PM
hey man,.. you ever get your Charger runnin?... no,.. not that new piece 'o crap, the REAL one?..
or is it still parked on the lawn?..  :lol:

Why you...it's now parked on the driveway. My buddy and I have actually been doing some work on it lately, and in fact, we might be wrenching tomorrow too. We wanna see if we can get the 318 it currently has to run. If it does, I'm gonna drive it like that while we tear the 360 apart and rebuild it to our liking. If the 318 doesn't run, we're gonna drop the 360 in as it is.

But let's not hijack the thread with my woes.... :icon_smile_big:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Spike

I like it, very sinister looking.
Has that don't f*** with me attitude.
Wheels look great and I didn't realize you stuffed that much tire under there.  :2thumbs:

I would seriously consider a black center/ polished lip wheel for my Charger.

Hope to see you at Vegas.

BROCK

Hope this helps Kenny.

I gotta gig now.  See ya.

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

Nacho-RT74

definitelly there you have... use same regular 71/72 roofrail weatherstrip :thumbs:. SE restriction use is just for 73/74

KWS

RD

Kenny,

Car looks awesome, I love the big rims, the rake, and the fact that you dared to be different by using the 72 SE (the most underrated SE IMO).

Glad to see you venture into the 3rd gen realm with a real knockout.  And that goes from one 72 owner to the next.

RD
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Ghoste

So when are you gonna do a fastback Kenny?  (may as well cover the first three generations)

T16

Wow.. Me like alot  :2thumbs:

Meanest 72SE i´ve ever seen :drool5:

1968 Charger B5

1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Charger
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner
1998 Jeep Cherokee SRT

KWS

Quote from: RD on March 21, 2008, 10:21:10 PM
Kenny,

Car looks awesome, I love the big rims, the rake, and the fact that you dared to be different by using the 72 SE (the most underrated SE IMO).

Glad to see you venture into the 3rd gen realm with a real knockout.  And that goes from one 72 owner to the next.

RD

Thanks a lot! The rake is going to change a bit... :'( The front end has to come up a bit for clearance, but it will still look mean! I'm also mocking up a chin spoiler on it today to see if I like it on there or not.
[
quote author=Ghoste link=topic=41473.msg458934#msg458934 date=1206162133]
So when are you gonna do a fastback Kenny?  (may as well cover the first three generations)

Hmmm... maybe I will.

Quote from: T16 on March 22, 2008, 04:30:44 AM
Wow.. Me like alot  :2thumbs:

Meanest 72SE i´ve ever seen :drool5:

Thanks!

Quote from: 1968 Charger B5 on March 22, 2008, 11:47:41 AM
any interior shots...?

I'll post some as soon as we get it done 100%

doctorpimp

'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

MoParMetal

hey KWS those are the billet chrysler rallyes correct?
looking for another one
xbox gamertag: mprmtl

bordin34

Sinister looking Charger. It looks like it need something though, to accent it maybe wheel lip mouldings.  :2thumbs:

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

ACUDANUT

KWS, loose that se window plug. It will look better !!