News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

For my 3rd gen brethren...KWS's 1972 Charger!

Started by Ponch ®, March 17, 2008, 10:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

defiance

Agreed, I also prefer the chrome (I have a black '72 as well), but I do think, given that you're going for the smooth black look, I bet window tint would really complete that image :)

andy74

i like the se rear windows,but i like mine with the vinyly top,great looking ride that he has here,and i hope that this will help expose the third gen to more people,so that in the long run we get more repop parts(bulge hoods and dual exhaust valances),when any one famous gets a really killer ride it always seems to create some excitement,short lived or not-

KWS,love it man! :2thumbs:

chargerboy69

I love the car. I have a soft spot in my heart for black Chargers.  ;)

The window plug looks great, and helps make the car. Thanks for taking the time to post.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Nacho-RT74

does look this one would be a better KITT than the Mustang ? :P

try to imagine the red moving lights running along the red stripe ( instead the stripe ) on grill
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

BROCK

I live in Sport & have a 72 SE myself.  It's good to be different & daring dude :coolgleamA: 

On that note:  If ya ever come along to any of the blues jams back home, let me know. 

I'll back ya on bass :2thumbs:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

KWS

There's an article in Mopar Collectors Guide this month about the Charger under construction, and about my Duster and my SRT Charger FYI.

One of the main reasons I did this car is because the 3rd generation Charger's are often overlooked. That's also one reason I did my Duster. I see potential in cars that other people don't pay so much attention to and haven't chosen to customize in this way. I always loved the look of the 3rd gen. Chargers and have been wanting to do one like this for years. I just now got the time and opportunity to do it.

Quote from: andy74 on March 18, 2008, 02:55:29 PM
i like the se rear windows,but i like mine with the vinyly top,great looking ride that he has here,and i hope that this will help expose the third gen to more people,so that in the long run we get more repop parts(bulge hoods and dual exhaust valances),when any one famous gets a really killer ride it always seems to create some excitement,short lived or not-

KWS,love it man! :2thumbs:

I hope to help create some awareness about these 3rd gen cars and also hope that more people will be coming to the party with more restoration parts for them.

Quote from: NYCMille on March 18, 2008, 12:59:31 PM
KWS - thanks for posting up man

I am not sure how it works with sponsors but I do have a question for you and if you can't answer it I completely understand. When you build a car like the '72, Extreme Lee or Duster are you limited to what you can do by your sponsors or do you have free rain on how the car is built? I ask this because cars like Extreme Lee and the '72 are not only rare but beautifully executed and I was wondering if you are "limited" so to speak by what you can do with the car, i.e. road course, drag racing etc... then again, you may just like to cruise around... don't know.

Either way you have a pretty cool stable of rides in your possession that most of us can only dream about.

Post up more Dude - we're opinionated and can be a**holes (myself OBVIOUSLY included here) but I'm sure the lot of us would like here your views on our rides as well - praise and criticism only help these cars get better.

Cheers man - Mike

Thanks! As far as what I can do with my cars... I can do anything I want with them. I plan on drag racing them, auto crossing them, cruising and anything else I can think of that will be fun. I also design them and have become more and more involved in all aspects of their creation as evidence by my participation in this latest project.

Quote from: ramit on March 18, 2008, 11:49:07 AM
Thanks for posting more pics.  I can't wait to see it at MATS!  Will it be there on friday?

If all goes as planned... YES!

Quote from: Charger1973 on March 18, 2008, 11:41:48 AM
Nice pics dude!  Can you give any details on what it took to get that motor to fit in there and everything to match up?  I thought about doing something similar with another '73 I have, but thought it would be pretty tough and expensive. 

Actually, getting the motor in the car is easy as cake with the Alterkation and TTI headers. The biggest challenge was the Viper 6 speed. We had to build a new tunnel for that trans. and bellhousing to be able to fit. I was actually going to do a 73-74 Charger at first because I like the window on those cars, but there's enough differences between those and the 71-72's that alot of parts are unique and won't convert. Especially as applies to the suspension. No one makes anything for the 73-74's yet that I'm aware of.

Also, I know some of you aren't big fans of the bigger wheels, and others like them. I personally like both but when I customize my cars I go for the bigger wheels. Some people my not realize just how big these wheel openings are on these cars. You could fit bigger wheels and tires under this thing if you wanted to. I went for 20's on the rear and 19's on the front. We minitubbed the car, so I was really excited about the meat on the rear. I got 335/30/20 on the rear, and could have gone wider, but no one makes anything wider in a low profile 20" tire. The front has 285/35/19 with no rubbing and I probably could have gone wider there too, but it looks great as is.

dads_69

The Duster looks badass. I'd like my A - body to look and handle like it, but its gonna be a daily driver for now. The 3rd gen charger is pretty cool also, like a stealth inspried charger. Keep up the good reports. Its cool to see someone famous who actually is interested in a hobby like (ours) mopars vs. trying to save the world like Angelina Jolee, ha-ha....  :2thumbs:

Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

HemiTom

To... KWS
please bring your Cars To the ALL Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle,Pa this year. i would love to see them in person...as well as 1000's or others...

mikesbbody

kenny, im stoked you chose a 72 se! (i have one myself) and im happy to see this kind of build finally done to a third gen charger.
As for what i was told from the guy at year one, like i said those were his words not mine and that was back in 06 i had no idea how óften your cars are driven and im happy to hear your just like us  :2thumbs: i really do hope you will take time out to check the third gen site. i cant wait to read about it in MCG  :cheers:

RallyeMike

Besides the overall package, my fav thing is the old school front to rear rake. 3rd gens just look great in black.

:2thumbs:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

MoParMetal

looking for another one
xbox gamertag: mprmtl

Charger74

Kenny,

What did you do with the rear suspension since you say you mini-tubbed it????  I am really curious.... :scratchchin:

autodynamics

wow...nice ride. Mike aka Mr. Angry thanks for all the nice comments. Its nice to see these cars get some spot light. I would love to see these cars in person pictures really dont do it justice. for all you guys on this board that actually like my car i will try and make some big show's this year. I trying to make the year one event in atlanta ga, as well as some other events. i would love to see some of these pro-touring cars. To me these cars are meant to be driven and not waxed and suspended in time . thats like having a super model with a sealed up vagina ..whats the fun in that? use them that's what there intented for. Mr. Angry and i will done some shows this year..... and drive them ..............no sealed up vagina's here... .. :Twocents:

chargerboy69

Quote from: autodynamics on March 19, 2008, 04:08:15 PM
thats like having a super model with a sealed up vagina ..whats the fun in that?

My new favorite quote.  :smilielol:
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

KWS

Quote from: MoParMetal on March 18, 2008, 11:40:06 PM

QuoteDana 44 rear end

:shruggy:

We were originally going to put and independent rear suspension with a Viper dif. but found out it would be WAY too much fabricating for our time frame, so we went with a 4 link with a Dana 44. Mopar sent us the Dana 44, so that's what we used.

Quote from: Charger74 on March 19, 2008, 09:03:42 AM
Kenny,

What did you do with the rear suspension since you say you mini-tubbed it????  I am really curious.... :scratchchin:

We used a spring relocation kit.

2Gunz

Nice Car.

Kinda makes me want to go get a 3rd gen now.

Great more cars.........

supserdave

Thanks for posting Kenny, and that is one bad charger! Can't wait to see the completed pics.

Charger74

Quote from: KWS on March 19, 2008, 09:56:26 PM
Quote from: MoParMetal on March 18, 2008, 11:40:06 PM

QuoteDana 44 rear end

:shruggy:

We were originally going to put and independent rear suspension with a Viper dif. but found out it would be WAY too much fabricating for our time frame, so we went with a 4 link with a Dana 44. Mopar sent us the Dana 44, so that's what we used.

Quote from: Charger74 on March 19, 2008, 09:03:42 AM
Kenny,

We used a spring relocation kit.

Thanks Kenny, I thought that was maybe what you had done.

451-74Charger

Gets me wanting to work on my 74 again !!
next time you are cruising through Cincinnati, stop by and say "hi" to Troy and myself.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: 2Gunz on March 19, 2008, 10:22:23 PM

Nice Car.

Great more cars.........

you will be welcomed by

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Ponch ®

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on March 20, 2008, 02:27:33 PM

Nice Car.

Great more cars.........

you will be welcomed by

actually, us 3rd gen people are more like Ewoks of the MOPAR world. The 2nd gen and E-Body guys are the  Empire....
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

451-74Charger

Troy and 451-74Charger

moparstuart

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 20, 2008, 02:37:37 PM
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on March 20, 2008, 02:27:33 PM

Nice Car.

Great more cars.........

you will be welcomed by

actually, us 3rd gen people are more like Ewoks of the MOPAR world. The 2nd gen and E-Body guys are the  Empire....
the wing car guys are the jedi   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

KWS

So guys, i need a bit of help here. Is there not ANYONE who reproduces the weather stripping for a 1972 SE? We're having some trouble finding the right stuff. Any suggestions?

andy74

Quote from: KWS on March 20, 2008, 04:03:52 PM
So guys, i need a bit of help here. Is there not ANYONE who reproduces the weather stripping for a 1972 SE? We're having some trouble finding the right stuff. Any suggestions?
im looking too,anyone help?