News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

For my 3rd gen brethren...KWS's 1972 Charger!

Started by Ponch ®, March 17, 2008, 10:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

Over the weekend I went to a LX gathering (500+ cars) that's put on by some guys in my car club and Chrysler. Kenny Wayne Shepherd, who is also an LX enthusiast, not only brought his Charger SRT 8, but also picked this event to unveil his latest car: a 6.4L HEMI Powered 1972 Charger.

The car was still a little rough around the edges due to the deadline, but nevertheless I was very excited to see a 3rd gen finally get this type of treatment. In any case, here are a few pics I took during the unveiling. Like the dumbass I am, I didn't bring my camera, but at least I had my celly-cam. So without further ado...here it is:

I wonder what's in there!

KWS hyping up the crowd!

Ta-da!

KWS w/ MOPAR drift driver Sam Hubinete

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

41husk

I thought KWS was strickly a 2nd gen guy :shruggy: I guess he is just an all round charger guy!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Ponch ®

Quote from: 41husk on March 17, 2008, 10:26:48 AM
I thought KWS was strickly a 2nd gen guy :shruggy: I guess he is just an all round charger guy!

Dude's just a MOPAR guy, period!  :2thumbs:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

71charger_fan

73chgrSE

68RT4ME

Man, that thing looks nasty. I bet it sounded nasty as well.  :drool5:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

Nacho-RT74

what about interior ?

right now, beside the Hemi in it, nothing surprising, althought stilll TERRIFIC
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Charger1973

Nice!  Maybe he will see this thread and give us some more details.   :2thumbs:

Ponch ®

Charger1973

Heh just noticed the door handles.  Interesting. 

Ponch ®

Quoteright now, beside the Hemi in it, nothing surprising, althought stilll TERRIFIC

QuoteNice!  Maybe he will see this thread and give us some more details.   

Gotta love the internets!

For Immediate Release March 6, 2008

Kenny Wayne Shepherd Builds a Super Charger

Hot Rod TV to air the creation of his 1972 Dodge Charger

Renowned blues/rock guitarist Kenny Wayne Shepherd's 1969 Charger the "Xtreme Lee" and his 1970 Plymouth Duster are about to get a new playmate. Kenny's latest choice of Mopar muscle will be a custom 1972 Dodge Charger that will be revealed at the Spring Festival of LX's, an exclusive Mopar car show Sponsored by Chrysler at the El Toro Marine Air Station in Irvine, CA on March 15, 2008. Hot Rod TV will be on hand to capture the first public moments of Kenny's new car dubbed the "Super Charger". Hot Rod TV has been filming the entire build for an episode that will be airing on April 26, 2008 on the Speed Channel.

The entire build of this car was handled by Ted Moser's Picture Car Warehouse. Kenny and Ted have a lot of history beginning with the building of Kenny's 1969 Dodge Charger the "Xtreme Lee" and continuing on to his most recent 1970 Plymouth Duster, but this is the first car Kenny has had entirely built by the Picture Car Warehouse. There are many things about this car that will make it special, but one very significant ingredient is Kenny's personal touch. Kenny has been involved in every aspect of this car's build process, from the component selection, exterior and interior design, to the physical tear down and reassembly of the entire car. Kenny's fingerprints are all over this one.

This custom Charger features a Mopar fuel injected new generation 392 Hemi with 525 hp and 510 tq. mated to a Viper 6-speed manual transmission. Reilly MotorSports has provided an AlterKtion custom front K-member that features rack and pinion steering, sway bars, adjustable shocks, hidden torsion bars, control arms, custom tie rod ends, and will be fitted with Wilwood Super Lite 6-piston calipers with 13" rotors. Also, designed by Reilly MotorSports will be a 4 link rear suspension with adjustable coil over shocks and a Dana 44 rear end with 4.10 gears from Mopar Performance. All this power will be put to the pavement with Custom one-off Foose "Challenger" wheels wrapped in BF Goodrich tires (20" in the rear and 19" in the front).

The customized modern interior features 2008 Chrysler Sebring seats with hand stitched black leather and grey perforated suede inserts – with seat heaters of course. Kenny will be listening to his music on a Pioneer Double Din stereo with Kicker Audio components and custom installed with a center console created by Kicker Audio and insulated by Dynamat. Helping him stay cool on those summer days will be an air conditioner provided by Classic Auto Air. There's also a custom shifter to bang through all 6 gears made by Billet Technology.

Restoration parts were provided by YearOne, while Summit Racing supplied performance parts. Redline Gauge Works restored and customized all gauges in the car. Just Dashes handled the dash pad restoration, and the dash insert was restored and customized by GCar. Additional design contributions were made by Chip Foose at Foose Design. Mechanical consultation was provided by Matt Delaney at Delaney Auto Design.

Additional features on this car are a custom billet aluminum fuel rails by Billet Technology, custom ceramic coated headers and slotted 3" exhaust tips by TTI, a custom built 3" exhaust by MagnaFlow, FlamingRiver steering column and "Tuff" steering wheel, a prototype all black Be Cool radiator as well as a Zex nitrous system from Summit Racing.

About Kenny Wayne Shepherd:

Kenny Wayne Shepherd is a four time Grammy nominated, platinum selling artist with four No. 1 blues albums to his credit, including Billboard Magazine's # 1 Blues Album of 2007, a string of No. 1 mainstream rock singles and two Billboard Awards. Kenny has also been awarded two Orville H. Gibson Awards for Best Blues Guitarist.

About Hot Rod TV:

From the Producers of the award winning series "Rides" and " Overhaulin" comes Hot Rod TV, the longest running car show series on television. With the BCII production team, comes a new attitude, with a new network as it continues to fuel the excitement, passion and lifestyle of Hot Rod Magazine. HRTV breaks new ground with car builds, live events and interviews with both automotive legends and fast driving celebrities.

Here is a list of contributors:

Picture Car Warehouse
Mopar Performance
Reilly Motor Sports
Delaney Auto Design
Year One
Foose Design
Summit Racing
Kicker Audio
Pioneer Electronics
G-Car
Be Cool
Classic Auto Air
Billet Technology
TTI
MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust
Flaming River
Just Dashes
Redline Gauge Works
BF Goodrich
Dynamat
Mothers, Polish, Waxes and Cleaners
Timberland
Ironclad
Passon Performance

TruckDriver

:drool5: He needs to loose the pimp wheels though. Kind of ironic you posted this as someone on my site was just asking about this very car. I never heard of it till yesterday.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Bandit72

that must be why he had a wanted add on here afew months ago for a bulge hood...
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

ramit

That is pretty sweet!  I am surprised because it looks like an SE,  I have a 72 SE and I just hate that quarter window.  I am excited to see a guy like that building such an awesome 72. :drool5:

ramit

I hope he can bring it to Mopars at the Strip.  I would love to see it!

Charger1973

Quote from: ramit on March 17, 2008, 01:16:25 PM
I have a 72 SE and I just hate that quarter window

Yeah I never liked them either.  It would be pretty easy to change though.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69charger2002

pretty sweet car. i always wonder something. i mean don't get me wrong, he's a KICK ASS guitar player, i mean awesome, but he literally had one semi-mainstream hit, where does he get this endless money to build these $100k cars from??
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

bull

Quote from: 69charger2002 on March 17, 2008, 01:47:06 PM
pretty sweet car. i always wonder something. i mean don't get me wrong, he's a KICK ASS guitar player, i mean awesome, but he literally had one semi-mainstream hit, where does he get this endless money to build these $100k cars from??
trav

Probably from that one semi-mainstream hit.

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

defiance

Sweet - anyone know when the build will air????

Ponch ®

Quote from: defiance on March 17, 2008, 03:50:59 PM
Sweet - anyone know when the build will air????

:yesnod:

QuoteHot Rod TV has been filming the entire build for an episode that will be airing on April 26, 2008 on the Speed Channel

Lowprofile

Quote from: 69charger2002 on March 17, 2008, 01:47:06 PM
trav

Touring.........tons of $$$$$$ to be made on Tour.  :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Charger1973 on March 17, 2008, 11:28:29 AM
Heh just noticed the door handles.  Interesting. 

to change the handles I would have used E bodies ones
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

mikesbbody

Quote from: Charger1973 on March 17, 2008, 01:41:47 PM
Quote from: ramit on March 17, 2008, 01:16:25 PM
I have a 72 SE and I just hate that quarter window

Yeah I never liked them either.  It would be pretty easy to change though.
yes, it can be removed its just a plug but you need a regular interior sail panel, drip rail (its shorter on the se) and alittle extra bit for the drip rail to sit on. I have seen this mod done before I too dont like the se quarter window and yes, i have a 72 se. Overall i think the KWS 72 charger is cool  :2thumbs: ive always wanted to see a third gen done this way  :2thumbs: