News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Torque boxes

Started by runningman, March 16, 2008, 05:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runningman

I just won these on ebay.  Not sure on quality and fitment yet but can't beat the price.  Have any of you gotten these?  Matt

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170200633861&rd=1

Charger74

They look great and yeah, can't beat that price.  I think you will see a huge difference in how your car handles once those are in.  Wish he made them for 3rd gens..

runningman

Maybe he can make some up??  I didn't really get a chance to drive my car around so I probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference.  I figure since it's torn down I may as well do as much as possible to help stiffen the frame.

Charger74

Cool, Yeah, maybe will email him and ask.. Don't know if they make front's for 3rd gens though.  I haven't looked at my car for awhile now.

Hemidog

Autorust beats the price! by 5 cents!  ;)
and the guy is a member of this board.

http://autorust.com/k_24251.html

runningman

Actually I got them for a best offer of $200, the ART ones look great too.  I haven't looked to see how the fitment is either although he had good feedback.  We will see

Hemidog

yeah, give us some feedback on those.. perhaps I will put in a best offer... for $190  :icon_smile_big:

assuming he has someone left..

runningman

I tried that  ;), he countered at 200.  That is lowest some of the others sold for so it seemed fair.  Maybe try 180??

suntech

They look nice, and i think the Autorust ones look good too! I have ordered from them.  :2thumbs:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Hemidoug

Quote from: Charger74 on March 17, 2008, 03:09:21 PM
They look great and yeah, can't beat that price.  I think you will see a huge difference in how your car handles once those are in.  Wish he made them for 3rd gens..

They should fit the 3rd gens as well. I know the ones on my 71 as identical to the ones on my 69....both factory installed.
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Charger74

Thanks for the infor Doug   :cheers:

AutoRust

Quote from: Hemidog on March 24, 2008, 11:42:19 AM
Autorust beats the price! by 5 cents!  ;)
and the guy is a member of this board.

http://autorust.com/k_24251.html

Boy, those sure look like IDENTICAL copies of mine. That is a bit of a pisser really,  :pullinghair:

I don't care if some one makes a set for themselves, but to copy my hard work, and then just tell everyone there better, well, thats wrong in my book.  :badidea:
      A simple change like mine are .30 thousands thicker is not enough to keep the trademark lawyers away. Make your own design, do the work to develop them, spend the money to get a car and spend the money and time doing the CAD work, trial and error fitting, then stand behind your product. I cheerfully refund the cash if your not happy, I willingly offer tech advice and try to be sure my customers are happy.I take the profits from 1 idea, and develop more products, first it was the B-body, them it was the late B-body, then the early B-body, then the early A-body, then the F-body. We pour the money back into the company to create more products so we can make more sales, so we can create more products. Aint that the American way ??

I am a good company, I pay a lot of taxes, and I pay quality guys to work for me, they have family's and homes to support. When someone steals your idea, and has there buddy copy your work, then sells them on the sly, its like stealing from me. I would bet he doesn't claim it as income and pay taxes on it? Thats cool huh, yet who is the first to bitch when there property taxes go up, because local businesses are closing and jobs are being lost.
Make your own, who cares, but copy mine for distribution and your looking for the lawyers letters.  The ones he has in the pictures are identical copies of my 71-72 B-body torque boxes. I know because I spent many hours designing them. The hole for spring hanger access was designed for my hand to fit into it. I know the shape, I know the bends, I know the corners that needed to be mitered for clearances. We make them from 13 gauge steel for a reason, hell, we could have made them from 1/4 plate and told potential customers its the ultimate thickness and strength. We do STAAD analysis for a reason, we test our products extensively for a reason. I could go on and on but,As you can imagine, my blood pressure is up a bit right now !!
I can offer a real good deal, do a group buy, no one has ever asked me for a dodgecharger.com discount. I can beat anyones price, hands down. And you can be sure your supporting the original American designers and your hard earned money is being used to support more product creation, as well as paying plenty of taxes. Sure everyone hates paying taxes, but someone has to pay for the bullets we are using up over there in the sandbox.

Dave
Nothing to see here folks, its just a Bluesmobile

runningman

Yeah that does suck.  No offense intended, just stumbled across them on ebay and they looked to be a good deal.

AutoRust

Quote from: runningman on March 25, 2008, 04:01:43 PM
Yeah that does suck.  No offense intended, just stumbled across them on ebay and they looked to be a good deal.

Hey, none taken. I understand.  :cheers:

As I said, I have no problem with someone doing there own thing, nor someone like yourself buying them.
I just cant believe someone had the nerve to copy my stuff like that, then sell it with a clear conscious.
Being they are a copy of mine, there should be no problem with them fitting in there, hell, we spent a week making sure they are the best possible fit !!

Dave

Troy

Quote from: AutoRust on March 25, 2008, 03:46:59 PM
I can offer a real good deal, do a group buy, no one has ever asked me for a dodgecharger.com discount. I can beat anyones price, hands down.

Dave

I paid retail for mine... ;) That was before we really tried to do any sort of group buys and, at the time, I thought I needed them ASAP. They're still in the box of course! As often as the subject comes up you'd think we could organize a decent group buy. Something to look into for sure.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

runningman

Dave, thanks.  To be honest if I would have seen yours for 250 I would have gotten them sooner.  The ones I was looking at previously were OEM style and were like 450 or something.  I figured I would hold off.  While we are on the subject though we should do a group buy on them if you are interested.  It sounds like there would be enough interest. 

AutoRust

Anyone that calls from here, and indicates they are from dodgecharger.com will get our special Blues Brothers discount, 20% off.
Make sure you tell the order taker on the phone that its authorized by Jake and Elwood,
Or tell them Dave authorized it.

Thanks

Dave

:cheers:

doctorpimp

Quote from: AutoRust on March 28, 2008, 07:40:00 AM

Anyone that calls from here, and indicates they are from dodgecharger.com will get our special Blues Brothers discount, 20% off.
Make sure you tell the order taker on the phone that its authorized by Jake and Elwood,
Or tell them Dave authorized it.

Thanks

Dave

:cheers:
:2thumbs:
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216