News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WTF! Getting a ticket for RUNNING OUT OF GAS??

Started by C_stripes, March 15, 2008, 01:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on March 16, 2008, 01:08:20 PM
and just out of curiosity ::).... anybody know what MR SILVER R/T does for a living?!?!?!?  :scratchchin:

Hopefully he dosent work in a body shop :smilielol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

resq302

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on March 15, 2008, 09:53:27 PM
thanks guys for sticking up!!!
i'm not even gonna lowere myself down to a certain colors screen name & start this debate OR pissing match on this wonderfull forum. (cause we all kn ow what's gonna happen then!!)
i'll let anyone here that knows me or that i've dealt with, either stick up for me (which they alreday have!!  :D) as they know the type of person  i am!!!!
and YES unfortunaltley a few bad apples do spoil the WHOLE TREE!!!!
well on that note... i have to go to work..... ummm lets see, and since it's sat nite.. deal with a bunch of drunk obnoxious a$$ holes, ummm gun toting drug dealers, (ahhh yea when was the last time, you went to work and had to deal w/ that on a reg basis?!?!?!?), drunk drivers, crack heads, domestic vilolence...(which is the #2 reason how cops get hurt/killed).. (traffic accidents are #1!!!)
so i'll just next time you or a loved one is getting hurt, robbed or whatever you would normally call the cops for..... try calling a gas station attendant or a wal mart manager, or a crack head .... and seeeeee who the hell shows up & protects your family!!!!!! and ohhhh yea another thing... when there's a fire also (not knockin any firemen!!!) but cause we are out on patrol all night... WE are usually the first one's there, getting the people out, till they get there!!!
have a good night, be carefull & stay outta trouble!!!
:cheers:
-JOHN

John,

I am a police dispatcher and I could not agree with you more!  However, there are those cops out there that do spoil the bunch for the good ones.  I know some in my town as well.  You just have to take the good with the bad.  Same with lawyers (not poking at any one on here if you are a lawyer) but it goes the same with every profession.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

68charger383

a discussion starts about bad part dealers, body shops, cops etc..............and then somehow it ends up with lawyer bashing?????   :smilielol:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Forza

Quote from: Silver R/T on March 15, 2008, 06:48:32 PM
I never liked cops, theyre all crooks

The feeling is probably mutual. You go up to a cop with a shitty attitude and its going to come right back at you. There are bad apples in every profession, don't label the entire field over a few. You may think we'd be better off without law enforcement but I sincerely beg to differ.

Bandit72

Quote from: Forza on March 17, 2008, 12:19:56 AM

The feeling is probably mutual. You go up to a cop with a shitty attitude and its going to come right back at you. There are bad apples in every profession, don't label the entire field over a few. You may think we'd be better off without law enforcement but I sincerely beg to differ.

i agree 110% i have learned many a times that if you treat them with respect, they will respect you back. There are the few that ruin it for the rest of them...but that goes along with every career.
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

TheGhost

You've made more than your fair share of idiotic posts here, but this one tops them all.  Congratulations on showing everyone, once again, just how little you actually think before you hit the submit button.

We, sir, are in awe of your stupidity.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

The70RT

I guess it depends on what kind of day they are having. I met my share of pricks. I got a ticket for honking my horn when a cop was doing an illegal turn at an intersection....non emergency since he came back after me. I also had a pair for neighbors. They were worried about me with my cars more than the big drug house across the street. They sold shit all night long and just turned up their noses because maybe they were too chicken shit since they lived 3 houses down from them. Don't get me wrong I have some cops friends but not scumbag ones. I'm sure their not as cool as HITMAN though  :icon_smile_big: This city is known for crooked cops though...stealing cocaine v& money....driving drunk bla bla bla. Here a few years ago they had a search warrant for a house and didn't say POLICE open up...they just kicked in the door. A guy living there shot one because of that. He didn't get into much trouble because they didn't give any warning.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Forza

Quote from: The70RT on March 17, 2008, 06:39:58 AM
Here a few years ago they had a search warrant for a house and didn't say POLICE open up...they just kicked in the door. A guy living there shot one because of that. He didn't get into much trouble because they didn't give any warning.

Those are known as "No-Knock" warrants. Not every search warrant says the police have to yell at the door and give the suspect a 3 minute head start to start flushing the drugs down the toilet or run out the back door.

And yes cops can give tickets for misuse of vehicle instruments. It's very rare but can happen.

The70RT

Quote from: Forza on March 17, 2008, 06:45:25 AM
Here a few years ago they had a search warrant for a house and didn't say POLICE open up...they just kicked in the door. A guy living there shot one because of that. He didn't get into much trouble because they didn't give any warning.

Those are known as "No-Knock" warrants. Not every search warrant says the police have to yell at the door and give the suspect a 3 minute head start to start flushing the drugs down the toilet or run out the back door.

And yes cops can give tickets for misuse of vehicle instruments.

Yeah but they never found crap that is why the guy never did time. And for misuse of vehicle intruments....haha.... they are the biggist ones. Just because they have a badge doesn't mean they are above the law....we pay their salary.....not that they make much but that's not my fault :Twocents:

Forza

Quote from: The70RT on March 17, 2008, 06:51:04 AM

we pay their salary.....not that they make much but that's not my fault :Twocents:

Pay more taxes, the paychecks blow. And as for the other ramblings in your post  :slap:

The70RT

Quote from: Forza on March 17, 2008, 06:56:46 AM
Quote from: The70RT on March 17, 2008, 06:51:04 AM

we pay their salary.....not that they make much but that's not my fault :Twocents:

Pay more taxes, the paychecks blow. And as for the other ramblings in your post  :slap:

Ramblings i yeah know..........sometimes the truth hurts though ;D  Since you are young and maybe still somewhat a virgin in the hotrod world maybe they have left you alone so far  :smilielol:

Rack

I know not all cops are bad, but these bad ones do make PD's look bad.

But, IMO, ONE bad cop is unacceptable. Period.

The POS Police Chief in my town just got sent to prison for extortion (sp?). They could have got him for A LOT more than that. He had wrecked at least 5 city vehicles (drunk driving) and was no longer allowed to drive city vehicles. The freakin' Chief of Police not allowed to drive a city vehicle. How sad is that?

It's messed up cuz I was happy when he became chief cuz he was replacing ANOTHER corrupt POS Chief (he didn't get caught though).

Our city tax accessor collector (or some crap like that) is in trouble for some illegal dealings as well. And that's just the beginning. I KNOW our Sheriff is corrupt (my dad worked for the sheriff's dept after retiring from the border patrol). This whole POS town is full of corrupt cops (that's simply the truth). At least the FBI is moving in and starting to clean up around here. Hopefully they bust enough of these losers so that it scares the future Politicians/Cops into actually being honest and doing their freakin' jobs.

I have a few buddies in the PD and from what I know of them, they're good honest people, but I wouldnt' be surprised if they were dirty. When people get a little "Power" they tend to want to take advantage of it.

HITMAN 149

thanks guys!!! :cheers:
i tell everyone... that YOU are 95% the one who is going to dictate whether or not you get a ticket!!! when i walk up to the car.. and if you are nice, 99% (depends on the violation, usually a real dopey minor one) i end up getting a case of the guilts & let you off with a warning! i see no reason to screw up someone's record, and ruin thier day, over a minor violation, cause then your ins goes up, and on & on & on. i guess i'm sorta the exception, not the rule?!?!?  :nana: i'm a softie.. what can i say.  ::)
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

SnoPro440

Hey John,

Here is a new avatar for ya.   

2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

HITMAN 149

hey easy there you!!! we went 3 years w/out a contract/raise!!!!!! hahahaha
aghhhhem... NEW pics of the beast?!?!?!?!!?
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

SnoPro440

No, nothing new on my car yet.  The shop relocated and I changed my mind on a few things so that has really slowed down the progress.  I hope to have it back in May.  Sorry for the hi-jack.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

HITMAN 149

aghh got my all excited!!!!!! alllll FOR NOTIN!!! lol
ok.. well i hope all is well!!!
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Rack

That reminds of a time a cop didn't give me a ticket (cuz he knew I did nothing wrong).

Was responding to an alarm call at work (yes, I'm a lowly security man at a used car lot). It was raining, and I was pulling out onto a main street (at like 2 AM). The street I was pulling out from was at an incline, I was making a right turn, and to my left was another used car lot that always has a big truck/suv on a "ramp" right at that corner and you can't see traffic coming (really, if the city were doing it's job they'd instruct that car lot owner to NOT put vehicles in the way that obstruct the view of traffic). Anyway, since I couldn't see, and it was raining, I decided to put in 4 HI and pull out fast so that if there was traffic coming (there's a street light right there and even in the dark you can't see headlights coming) I'd be out of their way quickly and wouldn't cause anyone to have to swerve (sp?) or slam on the breaks. Sure enough there was traffic coming (including the cop) but since I got out of there quickly (It wasn't that it was "Fast" it was just a quick start considering the rain, but with my 4WD I can get out of there quickly and not lose control).

Anyway, the cop says I could have caused an accident cuz the traffic was too close. I told him I couldn't see the traffic cuz of that damn truck blocking my view. So he says "Well why did you pull out of there so fast". I said, "Since I couldn't see I figure it's better to get out and down the road faster so as not to cause anyone to slam on their breaks in the rain". He says, "It's dangerous pulling out like that in the rain" so I explained to him that I had it in 4HI. He says it doesn't matter it's still not safe. I said, "Yeah I know it's not 'Safe' but it was safer then if I were to pull out into traffic slowly and cause them to slam on the breaks". Then he's like "Where were you tonight?" I said, "Home". What are you doing out at this time of night? I said, "Going to work". He says, "Work? Where do you work?" I said, "Right there" and pointed to the building right next to us. We were literally directly in front of my work place. So I explained I was security and was responding to a call. The security company always calls the police when the alarm goes off so he checked it and knew I wasn't lying.

ANyway, he didn't give me a ticket (again, I made the best possible decision considering the circumstances) cuz he knew I made the best decision. If I had pulled out slowly, there WOULD have been an accident. At least that guy was doing his job though. I have no problem with what he did. He realized I did nothing wrong and let it go. SOme cops have too much pride and want to push their weight around and would have given a ticket anyway.

I can't count how many times I've seen someone make an illegal turn, run a stop sign/light, pull out in front of someone, etc... RIGHT IN FRONT OF A COP and the cop does nothing about it.

The70RT

Quote from: Rack on March 17, 2008, 12:05:40 PM
I know not all cops are bad, but these bad ones do make PD's look bad.

But, IMO, ONE bad cop is unacceptable. Period.

The POS Police Chief in my town just got sent to prison for extortion (sp?). They could have got him for A LOT more than that. He had wrecked at least 5 city vehicles (drunk driving) and was no longer allowed to drive city vehicles. The freakin' Chief of Police not allowed to drive a city vehicle. How sad is that?

It's messed up cuz I was happy when he became chief cuz he was replacing ANOTHER corrupt POS Chief (he didn't get caught though).

Our city tax accessor collector (or some crap like that) is in trouble for some illegal dealings as well. And that's just the beginning. I KNOW our Sheriff is corrupt (my dad worked for the sheriff's dept after retiring from the border patrol). This whole POS town is full of corrupt cops (that's simply the truth). At least the FBI is moving in and starting to clean up around here. Hopefully they bust enough of these losers so that it scares the future Politicians/Cops into actually being honest and doing their freakin' jobs.

I have a few buddies in the PD and from what I know of them, they're good honest people, but I wouldnt' be surprised if they were dirty. When people get a little "Power" they tend to want to take advantage of it.

You town sounds as bad as ours. It has been some years ago but we had a Sheriff shoot his own bullet proof vest and put it back on and then called for help. It took them a week to interagate EVERYONE that had such described vehicle......then they found the shotgun....barrel first sticking out of the water with the stock exposed and low and behold guess who's prints were on the stock  :lol: I am not sure what his intensions were....I guess he wasn't getting any attention  :shruggy:

bull

Quote from: jlb1pi on March 16, 2008, 12:50:44 AM
The Law Enforcement profession is no different than any other profession, or for that matter the rest of the world...
There's:
-good cops and there's bad cops
-honest cops and corrupt cops
-intelligent cops and literally dumb/stupid cops
-fair cops and unfair cops
-kind cops and brutal cops
-caring cops and don't-give-a-f*&% cops
-brave cops and coward cops
-conscientious cops and slip-shod cops
-cool cops and badge-heavy cops
-rookie cops and experienced cops

This can be said about any group of people. Nurses, doctors, teachers, you name it. All of humanity basically. Just replace the word "cops" with "people" and it describes us all.

Blown70

Let me tell you there ARE CLOWN in all professions.  I cannot stand most of my fellow "professionals" and I will use that term loosly to describe them..... :hah: :RantExplode: :slap:

I have had a bad run in or two with cops but to be honest overall they are people to and have good days and bad.  I would say OVERALL THEY DO GOOD!   we just sometimes hear more about the bad....better press maybe? :shruggy:

dkn1997

Quote from: Rack on March 17, 2008, 12:05:40 PM

....I have a few buddies in the PD and from what I know of them, they're good honest people, but I wouldnt' be surprised if they were dirty. When people get a little "Power" they tend to want to take advantage of it.

Now that's funny. glad someone decided to lighten up the mood on this thread!! :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
RECHRGED

sick dawg

Quote from: resq302 on March 16, 2008, 09:40:14 PM
Quote from: HITMAN 149 on March 15, 2008, 09:53:27 PM
thanks guys for sticking up!!!
i'm not even gonna lowere myself down to a certain colors screen name & start this debate OR pissing match on this wonderfull forum. (cause we all kn ow what's gonna happen then!!)
i'll let anyone here that knows me or that i've dealt with, either stick up for me (which they alreday have!!  :D) as they know the type of person  i am!!!!
and YES unfortunaltley a few bad apples do spoil the WHOLE TREE!!!!
well on that note... i have to go to work..... ummm lets see, and since it's sat nite.. deal with a bunch of drunk obnoxious a$$ holes, ummm gun toting drug dealers, (ahhh yea when was the last time, you went to work and had to deal w/ that on a reg basis?!?!?!?), drunk drivers, crack heads, domestic vilolence...(which is the #2 reason how cops get hurt/killed).. (traffic accidents are #1!!!)
so i'll just next time you or a loved one is getting hurt, robbed or whatever you would normally call the cops for..... try calling a gas station attendant or a wal mart manager, or a crack head .... and seeeeee who the hell shows up & protects your family!!!!!! and ohhhh yea another thing... when there's a fire also (not knockin any firemen!!!) but cause we are out on patrol all night... WE are usually the first one's there, getting the people out, till they get there!!!
have a good night, be carefull & stay outta trouble!!!
:cheers:
-JOHN

John,

I am a police dispatcher and I could not agree with you more!  However, there are those cops out there that do spoil the bunch for the good ones.  I know some in my town as well.  You just have to take the good with the bad.  Same with lawyers (not poking at any one on here if you are a lawyer) but it goes the same with every profession.
Keep up the good work! I'm getting ready to go to work now. I've got midnight bicycle patrols to do. Not that I have to, but I've got to help bring up some of our young guns right and one of the best ways is to show them there isn't anything I'd want them to do that I won't do myself.  It's good for morale for an old guy like me (46 and thinking retirement soon) to be on bicycles with the young guns at night. They can't get over the fact I can out ride most of them at my age. Keeping them safe and bringing them up right, makes good cops. :police:

timmy

C_stripes

Yes.  We are going to go to court. I'm going to be there because I was there when we dropped the fuel off.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.