News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The never ending steering!

Started by Belgium R/T -68, March 17, 2008, 02:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

Changed sealings and o-rings in the steeringbox. When I installed it back and started up the car it keep on wanting to turn full to the right.
Should the pitmanarm be free from the steeringlinkage at startup to locate the zeroposition or is it something else?  :brickwall:
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Charger74

You will need to adjust the valve on top by loosing the two bolts holding it down and sliding it back and forth until it stops doing this.   I kind of went through the same thing along time ago, however it wasn't due to rebuilding it....

Belgium R/T -68

Should I block the wheels in the middle position while doing this?
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Charger74

You could but probably don't need to.  It's going to be a trick to get it aligned correctly, basically move it one way alittle bit. Tighter, start up car and test.  Keep doing this until the wheels don't crank on their own.  It may take several tries.    I think it probably took me about a dozen or more tries to get it correct.