News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

vega plug installation begins

Started by petercharger, March 17, 2008, 02:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercharger

Thanks everyone for the instructions and numerous pictures. the shop took out the back window and trunk, started stripping the plug and took couple of quick pictures..will post more as projects continues. thanks all..peter :cheers:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

hotrod98

You really should install the new deck lid and mock up the dutchman before you go much further. At least that's the way that I do it. Otherwise, you have nothing to go by on making the lower cut on the plug. Have them place the plug approximately two inches from the top of the original back glass opening and adjust it up and down until the transition from the roof to the vega plug feels and looks right.
Looks like a great project. I have two more of them to do this year myself, possibly three.
Keep the pics coming.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

petercharger

they did mock it up..waiting for the dutchman panel to be shipped her on Friday..question the latch try suppose to be only 48 inches long, does not seem correct any pictures or help. thanks peter :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

hotrod98

We started from the back and worked our way forward. This is the dutchman panel that Howie found. It really wasn't big enough but it's all that we had to work with. I didn't begin installing the vega plug until after this step. I'm sure it's not the only way to do it though. It just worked for me.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

daytonalo

It is OK , What until you hang nose and the Long edge goes against ledge on Nose , I have Stinger kit , never again ! Did you figure out how to hang nose and install buckets ??

Larry

petercharger

nope not yet ... one step at a time..