News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

wow! 11 sec 318 charger

Started by ereru7, March 11, 2008, 03:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerkid01

I havent been in that truck since I bought the new one when I stopped driving it it had 337000 on it, my cousin is driving it now, he said it had 338000 on it well I checked it and it hasn't made it their yet so I will cosider it at 337000 sorry about that guys thats my fault!!!! I'll give you some history on it. My grandpa bought it new and drove it over the road all over the state for work, about 7 or so years ago (before I got into keeping track of dates and documentation) we did a half a$$ paint job on it to keep it from rusting out. When I turned 16 and got my license and it was handed down to me I drove the hell out of it... Well I got a girlfriend and some other things so I bought a 95 ram extended cab (new to me lol) almost a year ago! I parked the old truck with 337000 on it!! I do have that writen down on a peice of paper in the glove box. Then about 4 months ago my cousins chevy took a shit on him. Grandpa said he could use the old dodge untill he found something else; he is still driving it today. when I asked him how many miles was on it he said 338000 when I checked it it was 337524. Take it as you want either 337000 or 338000 the truck has rolled over 3 times so that is 300000 miles plus what is on the odometer now!! sorry I guess that is what happens when you stop driving something and let someone else drive it!! I'll post a pic later!!

Runner

i wonder, from a numbers stand point what is worth more. my 68 satellite 318 bench seat car or the same car now with a 383-4 speed surgrip and bucket seats....   same thing gos for my daughters car. 69 coronet 440 318 car or a 69 bee clone with a 440.    for me.... i just need more cubes, be it a small block stroker or a bb in my b bodys.

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

ereru7

saw the guy with the charger again saturday at the track. Got to talking,
340 j heads redone
victor intake (matched to heads)
30 over 318 block
no more info
there was no nitrous set up.
it does have a race trans
cal trach mono leaf suspension
4:30 8 3/4
11:40's in the qaurter mile

RallyeMike

Quotesaw the guy with the charger again saturday at the track. Got to talking,
340 j heads redone
victor intake (matched to heads)
30 over 318 block
no more info
there was no nitrous set up.
it does have a race trans
cal trach mono leaf suspension
4:30 8 3/4
11:40's in the qaurter mile

Ya, but how many miles does it have on it?  ::)
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

ereru7

craigandlynda

all things considered, remember:

"There is NO REPLACEMENT
for BIG DISPLACEMENT"

Dollar for dollar, pound for pound, when it comes to performance, size REALLY DOES matter!
don't misunderstand, I LUV THE 318- (i even have a favorite year- 1967) but from a practicality point, starting with big cubes works better

Challenger340

This one's got my curiosity perculating ?

74 Charger, W/ "318" ,   going 11.40's ?

What MPH is he clocking with those 11.4's ?  Did you notice ? VERY IMPORTANT !

It can be done, yes, but why ?

Those setups are typically old "Super Stock" class type stuff, dunno what class he'd "fit" in a 74 Charger ?

Does it leave like gangbusters with a great 60 ft., then basically just make a bunch of noise, the rest of the way down the strip ?

Only wimps wear Bowties !

knitz01

Hi new here. Just go a 69 charger with 318.  was wondering if warm it up a bit(302 heads with a 3angle, edelbrock performer rpm intake, Lunati voodoo 262 cam(.475,.494), and set of hedman headers) put in a 3.55 gear(has suregrip) maybe stall converter will it smoke the tires. :2thumbs:
I know it sound foolish, but the "old man" said" its only a 318 it won't even cherp them" ::)

Ghoste

Set up properly a 318 will smoke the tires right down to the rims.  Engine size is only a part of an overall equation and trust me, there are plenty of 440's out there that can't smoke the tires.

G-man

318 cube motor if built propperly, the way european engineers build their engines, can produce 572 horsepower (not stroked).

Having said that I believe it can run that time.

But on other hand, taking the same formula a big block 440ci built the exact same way (which it also can be) will produce 792 horsepower.

So though small block can do it, it will be under a hell alot of stress and a hell of alot of $$$ will be spent. You can start with a 440 and with just a minor twist here and there u can get 572hp and will be cheaper to drive around on gas and will last a hell of a lot longer and wont drive like a pig.

So...

BIG BLOCK ALL THE WAY!