News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

C Body Guys, 1969 Plymouth Fury III - Um, never mind...

Started by TruckDriver, March 10, 2008, 07:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Since the Camaro deal went south (he decided to part the car out instead), I saw this today for $600.. I have talked to the seller. It is a 318 2bbl car, mint interiour, clock still works even. The floor is solid, minor crease in right rear quarter (will dowl out easily he said), minor rust in the rear quarters near the bottoms, and some on drivers door. Green with a black top and interiour. The headlight bucket is in the trunk.  Runs good and drives.

This is what the ad says;

I have a barn fresh 1969 Plymouth Fury 3 that belonded to my Grand Parents. This car has not been on the road since 1975. It has appox. 65000 miles. This car does need some tender loving care. The fuel tank is bad and the fuel lines but does run if the fuel is run dirrectly to the fuel pump. This would be a excellent father son project.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

dukeboy_318

easily worth 600 bucks, i ll check to see if the gas tank in the 69 fury i found in the junkyard saturday is in good shape for you too.  Not a charger, but still looks to be a very solid car. :2thumbs:
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

694spdRT

Other than the father and son HPLAG line I'd say it looks good. Would make a neat squad car clone if nothing else.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

TeeWJay426

Looks pretty good for 600 bucks. You probably don't need to be told what 600 bucks usually gets you these days.....
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Chatt69chgr

If you have some place to keep that car, latch onto it.  It's worth $400 in scrap metal.  They are NEVER going to make cars like that again.  Can you imagine what it will be like to drive that thing around with a big cigar in your mouth when everyone else is looking at you out of their Tata Nano's!  And plus, if you have a wreck in a car like that it's like it happened in the next state------if you have a wreck in your Tata Nano, it's like it happened in your face.  Know what I mean!

Forgot to mention----if that car has power brakes and I bet it does, it will have a Bendix dual diaphram Power Booster.  Only difference between it and the one in a Charger is the actuator rod and you can get that changed by Prior Brake Systems in Ft. Worth, TX.  For a Charger right now, that is a piece of unobtainum. 

TruckDriver

I went to look at it tonight, ummm, It's no 65k car. Least, it sure doesn't look like it to me. The odometer says 114+, and there is a lot of surface rust on the engine. Not much of the orange paint was left anymore. The front seat is torn in the seams in three spots, and a small hole in the trunk floor. The liscences plates are 1981 plates (I did see that in the pics, but didn't really think much about it). He says the odometer was changed at 65k. Plus, he didn't have the title in his name yet. It is still in his dead grandfathers name. He said he was going to get it in his name tomarrow though. So, if some one near Slinger, Wi. wants it, here is the ad...

Craig's List Page

The whole thing didn't feel right to me, so I'm out. If it was what he described, I would of bought it when he got the title right.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TruckDriver

PETE