News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is anyone using Monroe shocks?

Started by 4aThrill, March 10, 2008, 04:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4aThrill

I heard from many that the Monroe shocks were the way to go. I did have KYB's on the car in the past with no issues or complaints, :2thumbs: figured I would try something else. But of course there are more than one style of Monroe to choose from and wanted to know if anyone has experience running anyone of these styles. :scratchchin: The three different styles of Monroe shocks that would perform outstanding would be the: Monro-Matic Plus, Monroe Sensa-Trac, and Monroe Reflex.  :rock:

Chatt69chgr

I've been considering them.  6T9charger went with them.  I think he had KYB's and said they were too harsh--said there were a lot of potholes in his area of the country and they were beating him to death.  When I looked on the Monroe website, they just listed one part number for the front and one for the back.  Unless you were wanting air shocks in the back.  I think 6T9chgr painted his black which he said was to make them look like stock.  My plan is to run a bigger swaybar in the front, put a swaybar in the rear, and increase the torsion bars from .92 inch to .96 inch.  Plus hemi springs in the back.  All in a 440 69 chgr.  And use the Monroe's.  If they don't work out, I won't lose too much money.  My goal was to have the car ride good but not dip badly in the corners.  I will not be racing so that was not a concern.

4aThrill

I am also adding the front and rear sway bars, the .960 torsion bars; the HD springs are on there already. the shocks are only 30 to 60 each ain't that bad   :slap: :cheers:

Hemidog

considered edelbrock ias? there is a lot of hype about them....

terrible one

If you are looking to not spend much money, go with the Monroe's. I use 'em on everything and they are a good shock IMO. Of course things like the Eddy IAS, etc. that are way on up there in price are going to be better . . .

4aThrill

ya the Eddy IAS are really spendy looked into that like a year ago or so. any Monroe shock or do you recommand something?

0X01B8

I changed out a set of Monroe-matics last summer for the Edelbrocks and love them.  The right rear Monroe was blown out, but in fairness, the roads here are total garbage.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on March 10, 2008, 05:04:01 PM
I've been considering them.  6T9charger went with them.  I think he had KYB's and said they were too harsh--said there were a lot of potholes in his area of the country and they were beating him to death.  When I looked on the Monroe website, they just listed one part number for the front and one for the back.  Unless you were wanting air shocks in the back.  I think 6T9chgr painted his black which he said was to make them look like stock.  My plan is to run a bigger swaybar in the front, put a swaybar in the rear, and increase the torsion bars from .92 inch to .96 inch.  Plus hemi springs in the back.  All in a 440 69 chgr.  And use the Monroe's.  If they don't work out, I won't lose too much money.  My goal was to have the car ride good but not dip badly in the corners.  I will not be racing so that was not a concern.

What he said ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Death1970Proof

Quote from: 0X01B8 on March 11, 2008, 11:08:23 AM
I changed out a set of Monroe-matics last summer for the Edelbrocks and love them.  The right rear Monroe was blown out, but in fairness, the roads here are total garbage.

I bought a set of edelbrocks but havent tried them yet. Hopefully they are worth the cash...I hear good things. But more often than not you get what you pay for.
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...