News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's in a name

Started by Belgium R/T -68, March 10, 2008, 12:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

Charger in swedish is ".....charger", a device to load your battery in for example. What was chryslers meaning with the name charger? :scratchchin:
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

440charger68

there all in the year one catologs and charger means, to attack vigorusly. Or somsthing like that.
life's a garden, dig it.

moparstuart

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on March 10, 2008, 12:49:26 PM
Charger in swedish is ".....charger", a device to load your battery in for example. What was chryslers meaning with the name charger? :scratchchin:
I would imagine a horse .   There is a great cheech and chong skit about it .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bull

hemihead

It was a racing term to mean an aggressive driver . As in " He is a real charger . "
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

ITSA426

It could be a wife gone mad with the VISA card - or me at year one!

moparstuart

Quote from: ITSA426 on March 10, 2008, 03:16:27 PM
It could be a wife gone mad with the VISA card - or me at year one!
I like the vision of the wife better   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

0X01B8

Well, if you're in Sales and Marketing at Chrysler, the name means almost nothing.   :eyes:

Drache

The story I heard was that it was named after the War Horse to compete against the Mustang! AKA the bigger horse beats up the smaller horse! Mustangs are fast over long term, but a war horse (usually Percherons) are only fast in short gallops and tire fast due to allot more body mass.

Now mix a Percheron and a thoroughbred like my horse and you've got a good combination.  :2thumbs:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Back N Black

I think the meaning is to have 4 doors.   :D

69charger2002

Quote from: 0X01B8 on March 10, 2008, 04:14:14 PM
Well, if you're in Sales and Marketing at Chrysler, the name means almost nothing.   :eyes:

wow now there's a true statement!
my thoughts to a T. i'm sure the original namegivers in 64-65 had a little but more in mind than what it morphed into over the years
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/