News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

which is better

Started by chargerkid01, March 10, 2008, 09:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerkid01

Hey ya'll which is better yearone or paddock??? I get both catalogs I've ordered out of paddock never out of year one. I guess what I'm asking is who gives better deals, who is cheaper, and which has better quality products??? I'm getting to the point on my charger where I dont know what to do next. The shell is in primer it is to cold to start the little bit of bondo work that needs to be done ( got hail stone dents in it, before I bought the charger it was sitting in a feild in texas unprotected), Im still trying to find better fenders and hood, Needs complete interior originaly dark metalic green (everyone wants me to do a general though Idk), needs a complete wiring harness front to back. suspension needs to be done front and rear. What do I do next?? I would up load pics but every time I try it says that my file is to big..

Chatt69chgr

Paddock has a real screwy shipping policy based on $$.  I don't like it.  And their prices are top retail.  Year One has high prices too but every once in a while has a 20% off sale.  Not too often.  But with the recession going on, they may have more of them in the next few months.  Even with the 20%, you have to be careful that you can't get the same part cheaper elsewhere.  Buy your suspension parts from Rock Auto---Moog parts.  Get your interior stuff from Legendary Auto Interiors.  Year One has the wiring harness but it's discount exempt.  I think they are the only ones that have the harness with all original connectors.  If that's not important to you, there are other sources of harness.  I don't recall who they all are.  I think one is called Painless.  Others can advise you better on this.

4aThrill

Paddock and yearone are all right just make sure that you check the prices and order stuff ahead some items maybe back ordered. I have about 6 to 10 places that I shop around at. Make a list of what you need  then find the best bang for the buck, before you order anything check for discounts and such to, find out where there located incase there right down the road can save on shipping.  :D

Mike DC

Most of the parts that you could possibly find at a local AutoZone or O'Reilly's will be overpriced if you buy them through YO or the Paddock.  Assuming you only want the car to function right and not be 100% original, then don't mess with YO/P for that stuff. 

The restoration parts are more YO/P territory. 

These two catalogs are a good source of finding out what is out there and what isn't.  But in most cases, YO/P don't actually make any of this stuff themselves, they're just reselling parts made by a bunch of other scattered sources.  YO/P may be carrying someone else's part cheaper, or the same, or more expensive.  All depends on the item & situation & time that you order it. 

It pays to check around.  YO, the Paddock, and all the other smaller suppliers too.  In a lot of cases, there is only one company manufacturing a product for the entire Mopar hobby, and EVERYONE is just competing to sell the same item to you.   

YO generally tells you decent info about the item but they have high prices.  The Paddock's prices look lower on paper, but their high shipping prices can often make up the difference.

chargerkid01

Can I even find the parts I isted above at autozone?? What are some other places I could look to find these parts?? I'm trying to keep my car close as possible to original stock because it is a numbers matching car!

Charger-Bodie

I personally dont care much for either one of the two. I dislike the Paddock less though.  :Twocents:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

4aThrill

you can find parts anywhere also check rockauto.com, autopartswarehouse.com, napa, partsamerica, Hardens, are just afew just got to look around and go through websites call around tons of research.

chargerkid01

kool thanks uh Napa sorry will not do business with them ever again I don't like being called a stupid kid that don't know shit!!! thats story for another time though!!

694spdRT

My first choice is Mega Parts(local) and then Harden's. As previously mentioned Year One has some stuff that others don't offer and the 15-20% off will get you a decent price on certain items. Watch the shipping closely no matter where you buy.  Never had the need to use Paddock.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

chargerkid01

a lot of my sheet metal came from paddock (was the best christmas present ever) I got my quarter skins from mopar nationals in columbus ohio at the swap meet!! now I looking for wiring interior fenders hood stuff like that