News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Some progress pic of my 69 Charger

Started by tripleblkr/t, March 10, 2008, 08:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tripleblkr/t

Thought I'd post some progress pics of the 69 charger I'm doing up. It's my first charger so I'm pretty excited about the whole thing. It's going to be black on black on black with hemi 4 speed and dana 60 with 354 gears and a nice stout 440. Here's a pic of it when I picked it up.

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

tripleblkr/t

As soon as I got it home I started taring it apart. This is the first time I've gone completely through one, it's kind of overwhelming

tripleblkr/t

While it was sent out for blasting the engine bay, trunk, floors, and all the jams I started the dash.

tripleblkr/t

When I got the charger back from being blasted it went up on the rotisserie. I was a little nervous about just bolting it to were the bumper hooked so I also braced it on the bottom of the frame with some help from fellow members.

tripleblkr/t

This is were I'm at now, I just sprayed the it out with DP90 to keep the bare steel from rusting and I'm now ready to do the bottom of the car. I'm going to try find a nice durable medium grey paint to duplicate the grey primer look. I want something that has a glossy finish so grease will wipe off easy. I'm then going to do the black over spray with undercoating in the wheel wells and some of the outside of the frame like factory. Any one have any good ideas for the grey paint?

tripleblkr/t

It looks like I'll have plenty of time to get it done before the snow melts :lol:

Back N Black

Great progress, keep the pics coming.  :2thumbs:

tripleblkr/t

Thanks, I'll keep posting as I go. I've already got the wheels for it, I bought them for my bee and I'm going to keep them for this car. Now all I need is to buy the brand new dog dish hub caps that they now make.

tripleblkr/t

i'll be redoing these pretty soon, it's on my next to do list.

694spdRT

Great progress! Be sure to keep us updated as you go along.  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

greenpigs

I think it looks great in the before picture, was there some unseen damage or did you just want to know what you had?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

tripleblkr/t

Quote from: greenpigs on March 10, 2008, 10:32:44 AM
I think it looks great in the before picture, was there some unseen damage or did you just want to know what you had?

The picture makes it look better then what it is. There was dirt all though the paint, a couple of rust issues I had to take care of and the interior was in need of being gone through.  I was going to just freshen it up and drive it around but you how that goes once you start digging into it.

Back N Black

I guess it going to be black again by sig name. I'm doing a Triple black also.  :2thumbs:

tripleblkr/t

yes, it's going to black interior, black vinyl top which someone took off along the way but I can still see where the holes were for the trim, black exterior, stripe delete with red R/T logo on the quarter. The only things I'm adding to it are the six way seat and power windows. Is yours a 69 also?

The70RT

Quote from: tripleblkr/t on March 10, 2008, 09:37:09 AM
It looks like I'll have plenty of time to get it done before the snow melts :lol:

I don't see any beer in your snow fridge  :icon_smile_big:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Charger_Fan

Holy crap! :o Where do you live? If I had to deal with that much white crap, I'd shoot myself. :eek2: :lol:

Great looking project & I love how much garage work space you have. :drool5:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Back N Black

Quote from: tripleblkr/t on March 10, 2008, 11:29:06 AM
yes, it's going to black interior, black vinyl top which someone took off along the way but I can still see where the holes were for the trim, black exterior, stripe delete with red R/T logo on the quarter. The only things I'm adding to it are the six way seat and power windows. Is yours a 69 also?

Yes mine is a 69. Here is a link to the progress.  :cheers:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2987097

tripleblkr/t

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on March 10, 2008, 12:11:41 PM
Holy crap! :o Where do you live? If I had to deal with that much white crap, I'd shoot myself. :eek2: :lol:

Great looking project & I love how much garage work space you have. :drool5:

I feel like I'm going a little crazy, it's been a long winter.  It's my brother's garage we built it a couple of years ago, 60X100'.  It makes it real nice when doing one of these cars up. Were just now getting to the point where we have every thing we need in it. He has one bay were we keep it clean and then we have the work area where we try to keep it clean. We picked up the paint booth from a dodge dealership last year and it work real nice. Here's a pic shortly after it was built my challenger r/t s/e is in it, looks allot less full.

69 OUR/TEA

Looking good,awesome shop,plenty of room!!!!  :2thumbs:Keep the pics coming!!!

tripleblkr/t

Quote from: Back N Black on March 10, 2008, 01:52:07 PM
Quote from: tripleblkr/t on March 10, 2008, 11:29:06 AM

Yes mine is a 69. Here is a link to the progress.  :cheers:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2987097

That's an awsome car your doing up, I'm saving the link as a reference. Very nice job, love the black with the red stripe :2thumbs:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: tripleblkr/t on March 10, 2008, 02:02:21 PM
It's my brother's garage we built it a couple of years ago, 60X100'.  I

Crap, thats bigger than my 40x100 property size where my house sits!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

PocketThunder

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on March 10, 2008, 02:27:30 PM
Quote from: tripleblkr/t on March 10, 2008, 02:02:21 PM
It's my brother's garage we built it a couple of years ago, 60X100'.  I

Crap, thats bigger than my 40x100 property size where my house sits!

i know!  Imagine your whole lot as one big shop!   :o

You know Chris, you did mention the other day that you need to add on to your garage... :scratchchin:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."