News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Should I build a Charger or a C-body?

Started by migsBIG, March 01, 2008, 09:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 08, 2008, 11:14:46 AM
Ya, what Ghoste says. :cheers:  Besides, there was no poll to vote on anyway.

He's wanting us to go the moparts site and vote I believe.

BBD

migsBIG

Again, thank you for those that took the time to vote. I had to word it so that I wasn't giving away what I was doing, and to keep an honest bet. This is what I posted on moparts.

Yup, it all went down like this. My pal John was at my other pals John's yard when his tow driver John delivered the Polara and Charger (yes, I know, three john's at once came makes for interesting conversations). We got to talking about how cool the cars are, and kept talking about what to do with em. My Pal decided to say that I should build the Polara as they are more popular than the Chargers. ????
We get to talking about it and we say someinteresting things like 'your nuts and been drinking liquor with the medication again" kinda rants. So a few weeks later, he decides to come by my place and asked if I started work yet on them, of course no is the answer. He then ribs into me about how cool the polara is over both the chargers.  Well, I tell him to put up or shut up, as I know I'm better about mopar cars than him (or so I thought).

I say "OK, we can put it to a vote", but how? My local friends would have easily have voted for me, thus making the voting more biased. I suggested a poll on moparts to decide who was right (and wrong). We could easily monitor the poll and can get a total at the end of the week. Now that I had recieved alot of good ideas, the bad part is I lost the bet.

Polara-WINNER 96 votes 55%
Charger-LOSER 78 votes 45%

As of what the bet was? If he lost, he would have to give me aset of 15X8 ramcharger rims, but if I lost, he get's to put suff on a t-shirt and I have to wear it at the M.A.T.S. and take photos of me talking to all my friends and co-horts. To top it off, it's going to boxed and I can't see it until I get to vegas and open it the day of the show!

So thanks again to everybody for voting and making me swallow crow! I'm am just praying in not something with chevies and a pink shirt. 

I still have both Chargers and the Polara, but that C-body isn't a cool as my 72, so it would still get moved to the side or ever given a new home. My buddy john called mw up and sid he would have my shirt ready for me and that he wouldn't hold me to doin the polara. He wanted to prove a point and that even though it has the name Charger on it, it dosen't mean everybody likes em'.

Thanks again everyone. :2thumbs:

Ghoste

I'd have probably just posted a link to a poll that asks which do we think is more popular a Charger or a Polara.  I have to say that for the greatest part of this thread I honestly thought you were just trolling and that you were going to do a Polara no matter what but you thought it'd be funny to see if you could provoke a rise out of us.

Troy

Well, if you wanted an honest opinion... neither one of those would ever be in my possession. As for coolness, the Charger wins - but it's a 3rd gen which lags the 2nd gen in popularity (sorry, but it's true so don't hate me). You also listed the cost to restore as part of the basis for the decision so the Polara is the obvious choice there AND the Charger will sell for more money so the imbalance is even more dramatic. The C-bodies can be nice cruisers but if I wanted to drive an oversized vehicle that's a pain to park I'd just drive the dually. The only people that will be impressed with a Polara are die-hard Mopar guys. Sure, you'll get thumbs-up from the local Mopar club but everyone else on the road will wonder why you're driving your grandpa's car (and when you're gonna turn it into a derby car). You couldn't give me a Duster either but the guys on Moparts drool over them. I like to think of it as "Brand Loyalty Blindness". In the end, it's whatever makes you happy. I like (and have owned) lots of cars that others may not like but as long as I'm happy driving it I really don't care what others think.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

migsBIG

Quote from: Ghoste on March 09, 2008, 10:22:29 AM
I'd have probably just posted a link to a poll that asks which do we think is more popular a Charger or a Polara.  I have to say that for the greatest part of this thread I honestly thought you were just trolling and that you were going to do a Polara no matter what but you thought it'd be funny to see if you could provoke a rise out of us.

Thank you for your opinions. I was not try to troll or get a rise out of you guys, I was trying to win a bet and hoping I could get some of your votes, that all. I a'm sorry if this went funny or diffrent than intended. I got alittle carried away and was just hoping the passionate feeling we have for mopars and our chargers would have been enough to get me the winning votes I needed. Though the post did seem ok, I will be doing the charger, just not at this time. Thanks and have a good day.

TheGhost

Quote from: Troy on March 09, 2008, 11:02:32 AMI like to think of it as "Brand Loyalty Blindness".

I think of it as diverse tastes.  I haven't seen a B body that I didn't like, same with E bodies and 64-72 A bodies.  I love the "fuselage" style C bodies, but am not a fan of the mid-late 60s C bodies.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Troy

Quote from: TheGhost on March 09, 2008, 04:32:36 PM
Quote from: Troy on March 09, 2008, 11:02:32 AMI like to think of it as "Brand Loyalty Blindness".

I think of it as diverse tastes.  I haven't seen a B body that I didn't like, same with E bodies and 64-72 A bodies.  I love the "fuselage" style C bodies, but am not a fan of the mid-late 60s C bodies.
What I mean is some people who love every car ever made by Chrysler and nothing else is good enough. That isn't diversified taste. There are certainly some awful looking (and performing) cars in Chrysler's history. You even excluded certain cars so you don't fit what I'm describing. There's nothing wrong with saying "yeah, it was made by Dodge but wow is it ever hideous". Designers can't hit a home run with every vehicle. As a matter of fact, it's rare when they do nail it. Sometimes a rare or unique vehicle is cool just because it's rare and unique but that doesn't make it popular or better than everything else. Having a 2' purple mohawk is rare and unique but you don't see people flocking to get one (or trying to keep it looking right every day). It certainly gets attention though.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Brock Samson

I'm suprised at some of the nastyness expressed in some of the pro-charger posts folks made here...