News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I WANT EVERYONE'S OPINION

Started by moparmark, March 08, 2008, 09:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparmark

Hey Guys,

I want everyone's opinion on this matter.

I have a 1969 Charger R/T SE V2 power sunroof car in great shape that I bought last year.It is matching#'s with original paperwork,original bill of sale,fender tag,original owners manual and both build sheets present.I also own a 1969 Charger R/T F6 green car that is pretty loaded up and is not matching#'s but has a date correct 440 in it.I LOVE both cars but I have a chance to buy a 69 Hemi charger that is matching#'s with all paperwork but needs a little work.

I would have to sell both cars in order to be able to buy the Hemi car.Do you think guys think it's worth it to lose 2 cars for 1? And if so,what is a rarer charger? A 1969 Hemi charger or a 1969 Charger RT/SE sunroof car?

I would love to hear everybody's opinion on this.Thanks,

Mark

69bronzeT5

Its hard to say, sunroof '69s are very rare! I think like 29 were made? :shruggy: If it was me, I'd rather have 2 440 Chargers than a Hemi one especially if one of them has a sunroof.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

gers1968rt

I've had my 68 rt for 18 years and it is in great shape. I have another 69 rt unrestored car waiting to be worked on. I've always wanted a hemi charger too, however I don't think I could give them both up for one hemi charger.
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.

TruckDriver

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on March 08, 2008, 09:57:36 PM
Its hard to say, sunroof '69s a very rare! I think like 29 were made? :shruggy: If it was me, I'd rather have 2 440 Chargers than a Hemi one especially if one of them has a sunroof.
:iagree:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

rusty lee

I'd go with the hemi. but thats my  :Twocents:

TUFCAT

Don't do it!!!  You should at least  keep the 1969 Sunroof Charger at any cost.  Actually, I'd keep both....but if I was under the gun and had to sell one, it'd be the non numbers matching, not-so-well documented F6 green one. To answer your question......a 1969 RT/SE is nice and rare ..... adding that's its a "sunroofed" V2 colored car with full documentation  - that's VERY RARE!!

You can always make a Hemi Clone .....the real challenge is trying to make a "sunroof clone"!!!   :icon_smile_big:

mikesbbody

I have to agree with TC, and bronze keep the 2 69's  :2thumbs:

69charger2002

another vote for keep the 2 440 cars. hemi is awesome. period. BUT i wouldn't do a 2 for 1. the sunroof R/T is cooler to me. even though the R/T 's are rare in their own right, at least you could drive them. not gonna get that hemi out on the road too much. you'll be scared after investing so much and probably can't enjoy it like it's meant to be enjoyed
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

superduperbee

Keep the 2 440 Chargers, especially if you're going to drive them a lot. Unfortunately, these days you have to consider all the morons on the road and the value of an original matching #s car, especially a Hemi !!!  Ray

Dans 68

Keep the R/T SE V2 and try to swing it for the other and cash. Then you have one for show and one for go!   :yesnod:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Steve P.

Here's another vote for keeping what you have...  :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

68charger383

Quote from: Steve P. on March 09, 2008, 12:39:10 AM
Here's another vote for keeping what you have...  :2thumbs:

:iagree:

Especially in this market, the hemi has the potential to drop up significantly in price over the next year.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Ghoste

Keep the sunroof car, you'll be happier in the long run.

bull

I would try to exhaust all other means of getting the money elsewhere before I'd sell both. Can you maybe sell one and get the rest of the money from another source? Hemis are cool but I wouldn't kill myself to have one. You almost can't pull them out of the garage for fear of something bad happening.

Big Lebowski

Quote from: bull on March 09, 2008, 12:54:05 AM
I would try to exhaust all other means of getting the money elsewhere before I'd sell both. Can you maybe sell one and get the rest of the money from another source? Hemis are cool but I wouldn't kill myself to have one. You almost can't pull them out of the garage for fear of something bad happening.

Ya, a 318 Charger w/ a Hemi in it is actually a worry free driveable car, but driving a $100,000 Charger around is holy terror, especially with the buttholes on todays freeways.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

LeeBoy

Keep the two you have. If you want one with a Hemi just build it.
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Red Ram

"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

4aThrill

Like you said both Chargers are fully loaded and one has a sunroof and it is all matching #'s and the other Charger has a 440 that you'll think twice before trading it all for a 69 Hemi Charger.  Stay with the 68 and 69 Chargers how often have you seen a 68 Charger RT/ SE with all the paper work, options, and a sunroof that others will just  :drool5: over too many right  :woohoo: :punkrocka:

chargerboy69

Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Dave22443

I definately say keep what you have.  You've already got some nice iron that you yourself say you LOVE.  The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.  Don't devorce the beutiful models you already have.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

1BAD68

skip the hemi, they're over rated

Tigger

Don't get caught in the HEMI hype, keep the two you have.

dodgecharger-fan

I vote for keep what you have for all the reasons already mentioned..

TeeWJay426

If you have your heart set on a Hemi car, build a Hemi for the non-matching 69 you already have. It will be cheaper in the long run, not so valuable that you won't want to drive it (which would probably be the case with a numbers matching original) and you would have the added bonus of still having the sunroof car, which is rarer by the numbers than the Hemi.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed