News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anyone knows this CA seller?

Started by CB, March 08, 2008, 12:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

68charger383

I know they were selling GLs on ebay last year then switched to selling black cars. They were trying/or did sell two black 69s in August, but I do not see any feedback for those sales. Seems interesting for the price.............
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Blown70

I would say by looking at that at least he is honest about non R/T and etc.  I guess I find it hard and to what level they do the body work.  I know paint can hide a lot.....

Again, he has is number and does not see to be worried if you want to INSPECT the car. or in your case have someone look at it.

Again, just my ideas after reading the ad.

Tom

moparstuart

Quote from: MorePwr on March 08, 2008, 01:09:34 PM
The radiator hoses and distributor are painted orange  ::) I doubt the rest of the rebuild is much better. :Twocents:
thats what i was thinking , pictures are not great and dont show much . could be lots hiding !!!
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Blown70

Again,  you would want to see the body work done. I think that for the price, you cannot do a GREAT job here.  LEts face it  A good restoration is going to be 20,000 plus.

They are going to cut corners to make $$$.

If they had a good clean unrestored I would take that before somthing some one did a QUICKIE ON ...... :Twocents:

Some people dont mind the less than perfect job, I would not.

AGAIN, I will say that he seems up front, and posts his number, dont seem to be trying to hide too much?

CB

I called him yesterday. He told me he sells cars to Italy and Sweden... sure he does.
Anyway I would never buy a car sight unseen in the future.
I'd cut off 1K of the budget to actually fly over and check the car out myself.

(once you owned a Charger you'll go back to Chargers it seems)
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

472 R/T SE

Quote from: MorePwr on March 08, 2008, 01:09:34 PM
The radiator hoses and distributor are painted orange  ::) I doubt the rest of the rebuild is much better. :Twocents:

That doesn't even look like the correct engine bay for the car.  Must have got the GL pix mixed up with it.

Notice the orange paint up in the top left hand corner.

Dans 68

Quote from: CB on March 08, 2008, 12:37:39 PM
he sells Chargers on ebay, restored or as-is.
Anyone know this guy?
Thanks
CB

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190203810336&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123

I don't know him personally, but he is about a 45 minute drive away if you would like someone with a camera and a magnet to take a peek. But under NO circumstances buy a car without having someone inspect it. Drop me a pm if you would like some help (I'll take the '68 to soften the ice).

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Brock Samson

that's franks' hillbilly resto place,.. F.Y.I.

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

charger01

He posts over at www.cglfc.com frequently.  Always seemed on the up and up to me, but don't know him personally.

Brock Samson

Quote from: CB on March 09, 2008, 06:06:35 PM
a place to stay away  :icon_smile_blackeye:

:scratchchin: and your comment is based on what?...  :shruggy:

more of the poster's compond can be seen at the SFRT post "cruise with strat".

(the nastiness that permeates this site recently is unbelievable)

uud looz

I asked the seller a question on ebay regarding if the pic of the engine bay was from this car, stating that the orange paint made it look questionable. This was his response:"there is no "this car" since there are many cars on this page that I built. it is from another car I built recently (General Lee). There are 3 or 4 different cars I built on this page. The engines all look like the photo unless someone wants a six pack carb.

CB

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 09, 2008, 06:19:19 PM
Quote from: CB on March 09, 2008, 06:06:35 PM
a place to stay away  :icon_smile_blackeye:

:scratchchin: and your comment is based on what?...  :shruggy:

more of the poster's compond can be seen at the SFRT post "cruise with strat".

(the nastiness that permeates this site recently is unbelievable)

Well on personal experiances of SFRT with this guy/shop. That's what he told me trough the PM's he has send me...  :shruggy:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500