News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My new show sign-- Now with New Hardware to go with it!!!!

Started by Spike, March 07, 2008, 11:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spike

Making it's debut at the Detroit Auto Rama.
Buddy of mine designed it and had it printed at Kinkos.
It is 24" x 36"

Second place in my class.
The award presenters told me it is a very tough class to place in. Needless to say I am Geeked  :woohoo:

bzabodyn

Very cool! But - you just can't beat the look of the car with those black steelies though...

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

69charger2002

sign looks great, car looks even better!
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

police1

so you just go in with your ideas and how you want it worded and a picture and they pretty much do all of the designing?

Spike

Quote from: police1 on March 08, 2008, 12:06:42 AM
so you just go in with your ideas and how you want it worded and a picture and they pretty much do all of the designing?

No, my friend did the design and loaded on a disc. Took the disk to Kinkos and they printed it.

police1

he did an awesome job on it too!i would love to do one for a car i have...

69bronzeT5

I plan on getting one in the future for my car when its done. Your's looks awesome!
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

jaak

Nice sign..... Excellent car!!!  about 10 yrs ago, I didn't know mopars like I do now, I have always liked them, but wasn't real informed about options and numbers. I was looking for a 69 model, I came across a 70 RT/SE, new paint, rebuilt #'s matching 440. All that it really needed was the interior redone and all the detail work. They guy inherited it from his father in law when he passed away. He was asking 4500 and dropped it to 3500 when I looked at it. Being young and very very stupid.... I passed it up, and didn't buy. True story, I'm an idiot, lol. Everytime I read a thread or see pics of a 70 RT/SE I just want to.... :brickwall:

Jason

68QQ1

:shruggy: car looks awesome! i think you should show the pic. of how we got it to autoramma! You guys will like this. But in Mich, you got to do what you got to do.

TUFCAT

I just came back from the Autorama. Your car looked beautiful in real life. WOW!!!  The quality of restoration is VERY HIGH. I'm sorry dude, but I never like the bare steel wheels....in fact, I saw it last year at the Autorama wearing the steelies and didn't pay much attention to it - BUT THIS YEAR THE CAR POPPED!!!  It's beautiful.  :2thumbs:  I also saw you on the Ohio turnpike coming back from Carlisle this summer and you also had the 15" rallye wheels.   

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 68QQ1 on March 08, 2008, 12:32:56 PM
:shruggy: car looks awesome! i think you should show the pic. of how we got it to autoramma! You guys will like this. But in Mich, you got to do what you got to do.
Was it airlifted via Skycrane? ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

runningman

Just got home from the Autorama as well.  Somehow I didn't see your car.  That sucks, I was complaining to my wife that there weren't too many Chargers around. 

Bob Hanner

I didn't know Kinko's did that sort of thing, Do you mind if i ask how much that cost to print??

TUFCAT

Quote from: runningman on March 08, 2008, 08:38:05 PM

Just got home from the Autorama as well.  Somehow I didn't see your car.  That sucks, I was complaining to my wife that there weren't too many Chargers around. 

I saw at least three 1970 Chargers and a '69 Charger 500 - to me,  Spike's was the nicest.  :2thumbs:

Spike

Quote from: Bob Hanner on March 08, 2008, 09:06:26 PM
I didn't know Kinko's did that sort of thing, Do you mind if i ask how much that cost to print??

$50.00 for a 36 x 24 color print on good quality paper. It can be done cheaper on just regular print paper.

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 08, 2008, 09:36:45 PM

Quote from: runningman on March 08, 2008, 08:38:05 PM

I saw at least three 1970 Chargers and a '69 Charger 500 - to me,  Spike's was the nicest.  :2thumbs:

2 70 Chargers, one 69 hemi 500, 2 first gen Chargers.

Thanks for all the compliments  :2thumbs:
Rallyes were on loan for this weekend and also were on loan for last year at Carlisle. Try to show the car off a little different at big shows.

TUFCAT

On a very loaded outwardly appearing stock RT-SE like yours with power windows and A/C....I like the rallyes ! On a cheapo R/T 4-speed track pack car - steelies would be a better fit - IMO.

I'M SURE YOU LOVE YOUR CAR THE WAY IT LOOKS WITH THEM !!! :icon_smile_wink:

Like I said before, It's a beautiful Charger and you should be very proud to own it.  :cheers:

68QQ1

but spike show the pic i was talking about!

Spike

Bubble car.

Charger_Fan

That's awesome!! :smilielol:
Actually, I could see myself doing that very thing...with my wife going :rotz: the whole time. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69_500

Alright someone post up the pictures of the HEMI 500 already. I'm dying over here. Who's car is it, and what color scheme.

TUFCAT

The Hemi powered Charger 500 was the rare buffed silver with black stripe.  Sorry, I didn't bring a camera...  it was a very nice restoration.

It appeared stock except for Cragar wheels.  A silver Charger 500 is a very rare sight!

firefighter3931

Nice sign for an awesome car....congrats on making "the show" Frank  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Spike

Quote from: 69_500 on March 09, 2008, 01:59:27 PM
Alright someone post up the pictures of the HEMI 500 already. I'm dying over here. Who's car is it, and what color scheme.

Here's is a pic of it at another car show.

69bronzeT5

Sweet trophy man! The show I'm taking my car to this summer, they have a Young Guns class, I'm hoping to win that. :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Way to go Frank!  Atta boy :cheers:

Your silver beauty is lookin great as usual....even under shrink wrap ;)

That trophy is different as well....nice to see some different designs once in a while.

PS---anyone have a tag pic on that 500 :scope:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T