News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Factory black rear stripe on 1968 charger H code car?

Started by StockMan, March 07, 2008, 08:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StockMan

I decoded my fender tag at a website and it provided the following figures for the position that suggests the read tail stripe, which I thought was limited to the RTs.  Mine has a 1 in this position which lines up with '1/B - Black Horizontal'.  My car is RR1 paint (Burgundy).  Can you tell me what this means?  Thanks.

0 - Black Transverse (Bumble-Bee)
1/B - Black Horizontal
2/H - Red Horizontal
3/W - White Horizontal
4 - Red Transverse (Bumble-Bee)
5/C - Blue Horizontal
6/P - Green Horizontal
7 - White Transverse (Bumble-Bee)
8 - stripe deleted
9 - stripe deleted

69CoronetRT

It means it has the accent stripe that runs down the side of the car. The transverse stripe is the bumble bee stripe.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

StockMan

So would this mean that my car would have had the black stripe?  Wasn't the tail stripe left only to the RTs?

69CoronetRT

Quote from: StockMan on March 08, 2008, 12:37:19 AM
So would this mean that my car would have had the black stripe?  Wasn't the tail stripe left only to the RTs?

Yes, your car would have the black horizontal (down the side of the car) stripe.
Yes, only the R/Ts had the tail stripe.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

StockMan

Thanks.  There must be some mistake, my car is not the RT, its the 383 4bbl car.  Do you know what the 1/B means, as opposed to the 1 that is on my fender tag?  So really I should have the 8 or 9 in this position?

69CoronetRT

Quote from: StockMan on March 08, 2008, 09:02:23 AM

Thanks.  There must be some mistake, my car is not the RT, its the 383 4bbl car.  Do you know what the 1/B means, as opposed to the 1 that is on my fender tag?  So really I should have the 8 or 9 in this position?

Let's start over. Exactly where on the tag is the code you are referring to?

68charger383

Black stripe horizontal down the car, anyone have a picture?

I thought it was bumble bee or nothing  :shruggy:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

StockMan

On the right hand side of the tag there is a UBS and under the U I have a 'B' on mine (sorry, I posted that it was a 1). 

It appears that a 1 or a B mean there was a stripe???

Here is the site I used to decode.
http://www.jimshine.com/tag%20info/68tagdecode.htm

Thanks for you help.

0X01B8

Quote from: 68charger383 on March 08, 2008, 10:54:29 AM

Me too.  BTW, the tag is for an R/T - "XS29"

bill440rt

Quote from: 0X01B8 on March 08, 2008, 12:12:24 PM
Quote from: 68charger383 on March 08, 2008, 10:54:29 AM

Me too.  BTW, the tag is for an R/T - "XS29"

And, it's pop-riveted on & painted incorrectly.  :nono:
Could the car have a bogus/incorrect/swapped tag??
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

StockMan

Sorry for the confusion, this is the tag from that website, mine is XP29H.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: StockMan on March 08, 2008, 11:58:41 AM

On the right hand side of the tag there is a UBS and under the U I have a 'B' on mine (sorry, I posted that it was a 1). 

It appears that a 1 or a B mean there was a stripe???

Here is the site I used to decode.
http://www.jimshine.com/tag%20info/68tagdecode.htm

The "U" code stands for inner upper door frame color - U/B = means your inner upper door frames are black to go with the black interior.
the B code was used to indicate silver cars recieved buffing
The S code is the stripe code.

QuoteBlack stripe horizontal down the car, anyone have a picture?

I thought it was bumble bee or nothing 

I was wrong. Sorry. When I first replied, I was thinking the XP Charger had a thin side stripe.

StockMan

Thanks, that makes sense, I do have the black interior and the burgundy metalic paint.