News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where do the hood mounted turnsignal underhood clips go for a 69?

Started by A34, March 07, 2008, 07:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A34

Hey Guys,

Anyone got any pics of where the underhood clips go for the hood mounted turn signal harness? I have the remnants of 2 clips, but not sure where the third goes.

Just got BEA's signal kit and am excited to install this weekend.

Thanks !
:2thumbs:
Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

A34

Deo Vindice

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

8WHEELER

I am always late to the party, but this is a little closer   :slap:  hope it helps a little.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

A34

Quote from: 8WHEELER on March 09, 2008, 03:06:28 AM
I am always late to the party, but this is a little closer   :slap:  hope it helps a little.

Dan

Ok, stupid question, how do I fish the wires down the holes inside the hood to come out at the bottom?
Deo Vindice

69_500

Is the car coded to have the undoor insulation pad or not? If it has the pad, the wires do not run inside of the hood, just simply behind the hood pad. If the car doesn't have the hood pad, you run them down the inside of the hood.

A34

Quote from: 69_500 on March 09, 2008, 02:11:14 PM
Is the car coded to have the undoor insulation pad or not? If it has the pad, the wires do not run inside of the hood, just simply behind the hood pad. If the car doesn't have the hood pad, you run them down the inside of the hood.

Yep, it's a hood pad car. Thanks !
Deo Vindice

A34

[
Quote from: A34 on March 09, 2008, 02:35:38 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on March 09, 2008, 02:11:14 PM

Yep, it's a hood pad car. Thanks !

I have another car with the factory hood pad in place, I looked at it and the turn signal wires are run inside the hood, not under the pad. I duct taped the wire to a coat hanger and ran it down inside the hood. Worked like a champ. So, if you're silly like me and want to do it Ma Mopar style, maybe that'll help. 

Interestingly, this car also had a factory hood pad (signals were gone) and when I took it off, it looks like it has 2 different colors of green on it. I know the exterior was repainted at some point, but I'd be shocked if they did the engine compartment and certainly didn't remove the hood pad and replace it. Wonder if something happened on the assy line?

Also, the hood mounted turn signals are very nice, but not exactly correct. I compared them to some originals I had. For a driver car like I'm doing they're great, but if you're doing a show car, you may want to buy the real stuff, or mix 'n match the best of each.

The clips I got from Charger Specialties and they look really close to the originals, maybe just a hair bigger.

The hood pad from REM was slightly off in size and hole location. I would recommend taking your old hood pad and using as a template to mark hole location prior to installing, and any pad trimming that might be needed. I threw mine away like a dummy and learned the hard way.  Again, for a driver, it's ok, but you'll want to pay a little more attention to it for a show car. Of course a couple of my original clips have popped out and now I can't find them. Dooh !!

Anyway, all in all much better than what I had.  :yesnod:

Deo Vindice