News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Starsky & Hutch, I didn't know they really made these

Started by TruckDriver, October 09, 2005, 11:16:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

I found this in the new issue of OLD CAR TRADER magazine. Seems a little pricey to me though :-\
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

THE CHARGER PUNK

yeah they built a 1000 of them in 1976 they all were bench seat white or black interior with a 400m engine i believe-MATT

Ghoste

Not knowing my Fords, I don't know how you authenticate one either because I do remember those and there were a LOT of dealer conversions and owner added stripes as well.

BrianShaughnessy

Ain't google a wonderful thing?  ::)

http://starskytorino.com/

I'm pretty sure that there's S&H fans out there every bit as rabid as the Dukes fans are and have their ways to tell a real S&H car....  and if you read the FAQ... by golly.... there is!!!

And for the record I wouldn't mind owning one myself  :icon_smile:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

JimShine

One of those is in the first episode of the Dukes of Hazzard. Cooter drives it. I would wager it was a factory one as it only appeared once. It was likely a locals car they rented or borrowed.

Ghoste

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on October 09, 2005, 11:48:11 AM

And for the record I wouldn't mind owning one myself   :icon_smile:

First car I ever owned was a 74 Ranchero.  Same car basically in that era.  I enjoyed it even if it was a Ford.  It was my fathers and shortly after getting my licence at 16, I "borrowed" it one night when he wasn't home and slid it sideways through an electric utility pole.  Dad "sold" me the car at terms I could not negotiate or refuse.

TruckDriver

I wouldn't mind on either. I have already owned 2 Torinos already, a '72 fastback GT and a '73 coupe, loved them both.  :yesnod:
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Doc74

The striped tomatoe has always been, to me, a muscle car in the post muscle era. Besides it being a good sized two door, it wasn't something you'd line up to a charger, the engine wasn't to brag about but in the show at least the car certainly had it's moments.
I remember the dealers offering limited S&H torinos but I recall somethingon a fan page that they weren't exact replicas, as stated before, they have their own following.  :icon_smile_big:
Very timingly and also sad, I had to do a Starsky & Hutch paintjob last week...on a friggin euro Ford Transit camper, early 90's model. Unbeleivably sad, even worse than seeing 01 on other cars.And the guy was happy with it !!! Absolutely loved it, there's some weird folks out there....
One more vote for the 'i'd drive it' poll.

blackcharger

my second car was a '74 S&H clone. three engines, two transmissions, thre rearends, countless altoranters, wires, biggest POS I ever owned.

Dave

ramit

Quote from: JimShine on October 09, 2005, 12:23:26 PM
One of those is in the first episode of the Dukes of Hazzard. Cooter drives it. I would wager it was a factory one as it only appeared once. It was likely a locals car they rented or borrowed.

My guess would be that the car cooter drives is a car leftover from the starsky and hutch show.  i think I had heard that on a DOH documentary or something.

Charger_Fan

I think that paint job does wonders to an average looking Torino & I'd like to have one too. :thumbs:

Actually, I really want a 72 fastback. This front end is a one-year only & in my opinion, it looks best.
I love the big mouth & that hood! :icon_smile_big:

DCG, why did you sell yours?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Wakko

Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Doc74

I'm not sure anyone wants to see this but I wasn't joking, we really had to do this to the van, customer's orders. It came in 'all prepped' and looks terrible but the owner's happy with it. I was surprised he didn't take it with him last friday but he apparently forgot his taillights at home and didn't want to risk going on the roads without them....but the paintjob doesn't bother you????
Sad huh  :icon_smile_big:

Charger_Fan

Looks more like an official Nike van. :icon_smile_big:

Quote from: Wakko on October 10, 2005, 12:01:08 PM
And look what they have leading the pack.   :D  
The one on the front left has a grille that ain't like the others.

Looks like it's gonna take all those S&H cars to chase down one General. :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TruckDriver

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 10, 2005, 11:34:47 AM
Actually, I really want a 72 fastback. This front end is a one-year only & in my opinion, it looks best.

I like the '73 GT's too, but your right. The '72 is the best! This was mine. I got it for $75.00 from one of my dad's friends. He was going to junk it and it had sat a year or so behind his house. It just needed brake lines. I had this car up to 125mph or so a few times. I got rid of it after like 2 years cause it deleloped a bad tranny leak. I didn't have the money   to fix it so I sold it for $300.00 to a guy who had a '72 GT coupe that was already cool, but he wanted my hood and engine. I miss it. I want another one bad. I would love to find a black one with the red lazer stripe. I only seen one other one like that. These pics were taken in or about 1986.
PETE

TruckDriver

It had a LOT of rust too :yesnod: In fact, when I got rid of it, I think that the ONLY thing holding the drivers rear quarter panel on, was the weld where it was attached to the roof :-\
PETE

Charger_Fan

Definitely not a bad 40-footer, I bet it was kinda drafty in the winter, though. :icon_smile_big:

I've actually got a hood for one of those in my garage that I bought from a yard sale for $35 about 10 years ago. My wife likes giving me crap for having car parts for cars that I've never owned. :lol:

TruckDriver

Ya, it was a fun drive! another one of my dad's friend had a '73 GT fastback. He bought it when he returned from serving in Veitnam (spelling?) It was red like the one you pictured, but it had the red lazer stripe too. He drove it all year round til it rusted out completely. Was a nice car too. He had the 351scj engine though. He ended up pulling the motor out of the Torino, rebuilding it, cammed it out, then put it in a passenger van that was a 6cyl & 3spd. He kept the 3spd in the van and it not only hauled a$$, it sounded like no other van because of the manual tranny and dual exhaust. Jim still has all the original crome Magnum 500 wheels that were on the car in mint condition.
PETE

Chargerguy74

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 10, 2005, 11:34:47 AM
I think that paint job does wonders to an average looking Torino & I'd like to have one too. :thumbs:

We've got one....429
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Chargerguy74

WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

TruckDriver

PETE

Chargerguy74

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on October 11, 2005, 05:24:10 AM
Quote from: Chargerguy74 on October 10, 2005, 11:06:07 PM
We've got one....429

So WHERE ARE THE PICS! :yesnod:

Don't have pics here at work. they're at home on my comp, which I get to visit maybe once every 2 months.

Chargerguy74

The 72 runs and drives, the 71 was running when parked probably 15 years ago.