News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pulled engine and tranny today!

Started by OldGuy, March 06, 2008, 11:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGuy

Well, we decided to pull the engine and transmission out of the 68 Charger today.  Planning to paint the engine bay, go through the transmission and clean up the engine and repaint it.  Everything went smoothly except for one bolt from the exhuast manifold to the exhaust pipe on the driver's side - it was rusted on so bad and couldn't get a good grip on the nut. :brickwall:  Rounded the nut so we had to cut the exhuast pipe to get it out :rotz:  It's a good thing we did pull the engine - the motor mounts were so bad, I think the engine was just sitting free - the rubber on the mounts had practically rotted out.  A few pic's of yours truly and my son.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

mally69

Cool  :cheers:   Post some pics when its all painted also.

OldGuy

Prepping the engine bay for paint.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

bull

dpm68

Wow. Those mounts are like the ones in my Galaxie - I used to shift it from R-N-D and the engine would lurch side to side - scary. Keep up the good work.

41husk

Good work!  I need to get off my but and do that with the 73.  I hate having the engine bay black :brickwall:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

hutch

Now the fun starts!   Keep posting photos when you get time.

:cheers:
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

CB

good job! thanks for sharing Oldguy :2thumbs:
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

PocketThunder

Good job, is the whole car going to get a repaint?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger_Fan

That's what the mounts in my car look like.
Looks like you guys are having fun!  :icon_smile_cool:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

ACUDANUT

Sounds fun.  It's too cold and snowing again here in KC. Can't have any fun until it gets warmer here. :RantExplode:

skip68

:2thumbs:   Looking good.   :2thumbs: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:   Chcuk.......
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

OldGuy

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 07, 2008, 10:56:51 AM
Good job, is the whole car going to get a repaint?

Eventually - We have limited time for the usage of the shop, so we decided to get the hard stuff over with first and as quickly as possible.  The body is pretty much prepped to shoot the exterior.

OldGuy

Yesterday, we got the engine bay prepped, papered and painted.  Didn't pull the master cylinder, brake lines, wiper motor or hood hinges due to time constraints on a borrowed shop - wish we had a place to do all of that, but we had to do with what we had.  The finish paint is SS1.  The picture/flash makes it looked faded.  It is much darker in real life and looks pretty good.  SS1 is the stock color.

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

F6Bee

Looking good.  Great pics guys and seems like you are having a ton of fun.

1969chargerrtse

"OldGuy" You must be the one with the hat?  Great job, looking good. :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

OldGuy

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on March 08, 2008, 06:20:05 PM
"OldGuy" You must be the one with the hat?  Great job, looking good. :2thumbs:

Yup - hat and gray hair :icon_smile_big: