News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Killer NASCAR dodge engine for sale

Started by hutch, March 07, 2008, 11:32:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch

http://dragracingonline.racingjunk.com/post/1050086/Bill-Davis-Dodge-Mopar-Nascar-engine-w-video.html

Killer NASCAR dodge engine for sale if you have $12,500 in  your pocket.

They have a little video on the site as well.

In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

miller

My question is, how long do they last... they make big horsepower... but at what cost to durability. They make a big deal about the coca cola 600 because its 100 more mile and they are unsure the motors cant take that much. So how long would it last in a normal car?

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

CB

12.5K for an 80.K engine? where's the catch?  :shruggy:
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

hutch

Quote from: miller on March 07, 2008, 11:54:35 AM
My question is, how long do they last... they make big horsepower... but at what cost to durability. They make a big deal about the coca cola 600 because its 100 more mile and they are unsure the motors cant take that much. So how long would it last in a normal car?

My guess is this thing will run around 9K to 10K RMP hard at 180mph for 500 miles at least 1 day a week that I know of.  After that I am sure they rebuild a good chunk of it.

I guess you could keep it under 150 off and on and it will last.  No idea.   The parts are all custom on it from what I can tell.

In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

chargerboy69

I will see NASCAR engines pop up from time to time on E-Bay.

If I had the extra cash this would be nice to have.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Tilar

It looks like they have a garden hose for a fuel line  :lol:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.