News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

water temp gauge

Started by tims68charger, February 06, 2008, 09:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tims68charger

hi everyone,new to this site.i have a 68 charger that i want to put an aftermarket temp and oil press.gauge in the car.i bought a pair to mount under the dash.the problem is the heating element is too big to go in the manifold.it's a stock 318 with the stock 2bbl manifold.has anyone ever run into this problem.i was going to use mech.gauges but i think i will have to use an elec. temp gauge.any ideas?thanks,tom.

basarowich

I was going to do the same for peace of mind.  I have read on another thread that there are two locations on the side of the block.  I was going to put my after market temp sender on the passenger side mid-block location.  I am curious to see if anyone has done that.  I would use a mechanical gauge....but my plug cant be budged out of the water pump housing.

tims68charger

i'm going with an electrical sending unit.it fits perfect,without any adapters.

basarowich

are you going to use the stock gauge and an aftermarket?

tims68charger

i'm using an aftermarket,electrical water,mechanical oil pressure.i hope to put them in this weekend.i bought a grommet from yearone that is for e-body manual windshield washer pump.it has 2 holes in it.i can run the oil pressure line through one hole,and the wiring for the water temp,and aftermarket tach through the other hole.should give it a clean look and protect everything.

basarowich

I snuck the wires for mine through the grommett beside the accelerator pedal.  I just sent my bezel in to get the factory gauges revamped, but would like to have the extra set just in case the stock ones stop working for some reason. I would like to see some pics when you get yours installed.

tims68charger

i'll put some on here if i can figure out how.i have a camera,just not too savey on how to post pics.weather is really crappy this weekend,don't know if i'll put them in.live outside pittsburgh,pa and winter just woun't leave.lol.