News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mr Angry's Daytona

Started by Zinc, March 05, 2008, 08:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Quote from: NYCMille on May 02, 2008, 02:10:55 PM
:D

Holy Crap! :o  Its the new Batmobile! :lol:  Can't wait to see the pics Mike!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

pettyfan43

:-X :-X

MAN Mike, you are sure making things tough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ds440

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Badass, Mike.  Badass.  :naughty:
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

moparstuart

Quote from: ds440 on May 03, 2008, 12:35:20 PM
:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Badass, Mike.  Badass.  :naughty:
DS photo shop us the whole car  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

NYCMille

Just a few more weeks!!

PocketThunder

Wow Mike, the stripe is chrome?  how cool is that!   :coolgleamA:   :coolgleamA:   :coolgleamA:   :coolgleamA:

ds440, quick, make us a Flat Black Daytona with chrome stripe!
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

C_stripes

Mike.  Its looking way cool. I can't wait to see more.  Thanks for the pics.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

ds440

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 07, 2008, 08:34:27 AM

;) :whistling:

Looks awesome, Mike!
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

MoParMetal

so we're getting teased once a week?

i wonder what we'll get next week...
looking for another one
xbox gamertag: mprmtl

Fitz73Chrgr

Wow Mike, the stripe is chrome? 

Is it chrome or is it gloss black? 
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Finn

kinda looks like tinted chrome
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

pettyfan43

Quote from: MoParMetal on May 07, 2008, 03:09:15 PM
so we're getting teased once a week?

i wonder what we'll get next week...

Neat up close shot of...A DOOR HANDLE !!!! Yeah that's it!

Looks Killer Mike!

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

justin1987

I haven't been teased this much since I went to the strip club.  :D

ChgrSteve67

chargerrt

Wow Mike, the stripe is chrome?  how cool is that!   :coolgleamA:   :coolgleamA:   :coolgleamA:   :coolgleamA:

I've always wondered what a black Charger would look like with a chrome stripe...

Zinc

Quote from: chargerrt on May 08, 2008, 02:00:07 AM

I've always wondered what a black Charger would look like with a chrome stripe...

it's a BC/CC BLACK STRIPE, ONLY APPEARS CHROME, MAYBE YOUR SCREEN NEEDS TO BE INHANCED TO SEE THE DIFFERENCE?

RD

mike... you are wrong as two boys f***ing in church on sunday by leading us on like this... i havent been lead on like this since I was 17 with Julie in the front seat of her maverick...this is just the... wait a second...did she put you up to this?  I know she got around but damn... New York? :D hehehehe
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

MoParMetal

Quote from: Zinc on May 08, 2008, 08:55:45 AM

it's a BC/CC BLACK STRIPE, ONLY APPEARS CHROME, MAYBE YOUR SCREEN NEEDS TO BE INHANCED TO SEE THE DIFFERENCE?

:shruggy:
looking for another one
xbox gamertag: mprmtl

Zinc

Quote from: MoParMetal on May 08, 2008, 11:24:52 AM
Quote from: Zinc on May 08, 2008, 08:55:45 AM

:shruggy:

BC/CC=Basecoat/ clearcoat

Zinc

Mike/ Angry

If your going to drag out the photos, OK, maybe you can entertain us with some written specs on the car, such as driveline, body mods done, original daytona parts, repros,? who did the work, paint, interior, tires, rims, come' on anything?

PocketThunder

Quote from: Zinc on May 08, 2008, 11:43:48 AM
Mike/ Angry

If your going to drag out the photos, OK, maybe you can entertain us with some written specs on the car, such as driveline, body mods done, original daytona parts, repros,? who did the work, paint, interior, tires, rims, come' on anything?

Its kind of like prom night and its 10:30pm and your still waiting for your date to show up...  :smilielol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Brock Samson

wait,..  lettuce think about it...
the stripe goes up to the spoiler,.. so if the stipe is chrome, is the spoiler chrome?..  :scratchchin:
but the spoilers are aluminum at leats the good ones are,.. so perhaps the stripe isn't chrome but polished aluminum...
but polished aluminum looks like chrome, so there's gonna be a bright shiney spoiler on the flaty black body...
you are sick, i concur...  :yesnod:
almost as sick as painting the wing sublime and mounting it on a jennie lee...                   :rotz:
almost..  :shruggy: but ain't no body gonna do that, are they?..  :scratchchin:  :shruggy: 

naw, that'll never happen..  :lol:

NYCMille

Hey Guys -

I'll throw out some specs on the car. Most everyone knows that I bought the original car from Jim (471_magnum) which is exactly what the motor is. I drove the car 900 miles back from Indiana to NYC and hammered it... car ran perfect the entire trip, that being said, Jim built one hell of a mill for this thing. It also has the same 5-speed OD that Jim installed but with a different rear which is why this car was the perfect donor car for my project.

Stuff I've done... upgraded brakes... BIG ONES!, one off custom wheels - no bling here, all business, 500 plus mile range without the use of a fuel cell - every bit of the suspension was upgraded to make it do everything better than my black '68. Looks... once again, all business, there is nothing on this car that is not fully functional. It's also not overly complex so that God forbid you break something, you'll be able to fix it... I learned this from my '68 and I'll be damned if I'll stray from a great formula that works. This car will also be run at least 10k miles in less than 8 months starting in June... we have some BIG things planned for it. Like I said, this is no show car, this is a full out road burner that was made to be driven hard and put away wet.

One of my biggest issues is seeing all these magazine cars that you see once and never see again. This car is absolutely print worthy and then some, but unlike 9/10th of the cars you see in magazines, this one will driven A LOT to prove to people you don't need to spend 200k for a custom that works, drives and performs beautifully.

2.5-3 more weeks and it will be rolling at full throttle...