News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Holley Ultra HP 4150

Started by BLAM, March 05, 2008, 08:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLAM

So I am getting ready to bring my 512" Stroker to the Dyno and I want to figure out what Carb tuning parts I need to get.  Motor has a solid roller cam 252 / 262, with mildly worked EZ heads and an SD Intake.

Carb is a Holley 950 Ultra HP 4150.  http://www.holley.com/0-80676.asp

The carb has a whole bunch of tuneability and I need to identify what things I need to bring to the dyno.  Holley has 3 different kits that offers all I think I would need:

Carb Jet Kit - Holley #36-181   $49.95

Emulsion Bleed Kit - Holley #36-322     $85.95

Carb Air Bleed Kit - Holley #36-240      $189.95

As you can see these parts add up fast!  Does anyone have any experience with this carb and required tuning?  I know these parts will be more than I need but not knowing what I need I feel like I need to have the parts easily at hand so I don't waste the dyno time!

Looking for any feedback.  Am I on the correct track?  Am I missing something?  Is there anyway I can reduce my cost to tune this beast on the dyno?

Thanks

Andy
RLTW - "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell

Rob R

All of them...But usually the dyno will have all the parts you'll need to correct the fuel curve...are you paying them for full service?

firefighter3931

Andy, are you still planning on bringing the engine up to Dwayne ?

If so, he has all the tuning stuff right there at the dyno shop.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

BLAM

Hey Ron

Yeah it is still going to Dwayne's shop, but he told me to bring all the parts I would need to tune the Ultra HP.

Andy
RLTW - "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell

firefighter3931

Quote from: BLAM on March 06, 2008, 10:20:57 PM
Hey Ron

Yeah it is still going to Dwayne's shop, but he told me to bring all the parts I would need to tune the Ultra HP.

Andy

Honestly, the cam is gonna be pretty mild in that (512 cube) motor with the short duration/wide LSA that the carb should run almost perfect out of the box. If anything, i would bring some extra jets because it may want more fuel that the stock Ultra carb delivers. You shouldn't have to mess with idle & high speed bleeds.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

BLAM

Thanks a lot Rob and Ron!  I will keep the group informed as the engine progresses.  Dwayne told me he is looking forward to testing this combination!

I am just waiting on my 8-Bolt McLeod flywheel to show up, rest of the motor is complete, then it will go on the run stand to look for leaks or any strange sounds.  When the test stand is complete I am going to drive the motor up to Burlington VT and drop it off at Dwayne's.

Dwayne is going to wait until the ambient air in northern VT has warmed some before he throws it onto to the dyno.

firefighter3931

Andy, getting the motor up to Dwayne is a great idea....he'll get the most out of it and sort out the ignition & fuel curves.  :2thumbs:

Looking forward to those dyno numbers !  :icon_smile_big:

Ron