News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

idle problem in 446

Started by greenrt_se, March 05, 2008, 05:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenrt_se

Hi there
I have a idle problem in my 440 ci inc motor,motor is shaking when idling (800rpm)
when I build my motor,i put a new motor mounth(from year one)
parts what I using.
440 block 0,030
pistons:TRW six pack 0,030 over,in zero deck
original crank(forged)
new bearings(0,020)
camshaft:Hughes hydraulic 223/228 0,050
head:edelbrock 84cc,whit 1,6:1 roller rockers,new timing gears and chain
intake.edelbrock rpm
carb.Demon 750 mechanical primary jets 72,secondary 76,power valve 10,5
distributor.MSD ready to run (no vaacum used),MSD 6al,MSD blaster coil,ans MSD 8,5mm wires
original hp exhaust,whit 2,5" pipes and H-pipe
vaacum in the motor ,when idling is 14,5-15hg so I think at there isn`t have a vaacum leak

advance is 15 initial,whit 21 deg bushing

firefighter3931

It could very well be a broken motor mount....or the carb needs some tuning. Check your float levels.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

greenrt_se

thanks,I notices at there  dropping gasoline to the intake from primary blade shaft,maybe the fuel level is too high,carb is one year old demon,and fuel level is a middle of the sign glass

firefighter3931

Quote from: greenrt_se on March 07, 2008, 02:58:56 PM
thanks,I notices at thereĀ  dropping gasoline to the intake from primary blade shaft,maybe the fuel level is too high,carb is one year old demon,and fuel level is a middle of the sign glass

There is your problem ! Fuel is leaking out of the booters at idle and flooding the engine making it rich at idle. Try lowering the float level to where it won't flood. Too much fuel pressure will also cause this to happen so check that as well if the float adjustment doesn't correct the problem.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Animal

Barry grant fit 6.5 PVs  , you sure it's a 10.5 in there?

Check transition slot (around twenty/30 thou) , maybe your running on the mains.

greenrt_se

yes I chance power valve from 6,5 to 10,5