News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New carb with weird issue.......

Started by MSRacing89, March 06, 2008, 07:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MSRacing89

It is a 440 with a new stage 5 750 built by BIGS. Well built carb and a nice running but there is something happening that I have not witnessed before. Maybe someone can help shed some light.

After a good run with heat in the motor, while the engine is shut off, fuel begins to spit every few seconds out of the "shooters" for a period of time I would say 10 minutes or so. Now the float levels are all set the checks/needles are in the shooter ports. The fuel lines are insulated, and the carb feels cool even after it sits when the engine is shut down.

I have even witnessed it spit out the shooters while it was running, even after taking all the tension off the accelerator pump arms. I am lost at this point. Is it the winter fuel? I was thinking it was not venting properly, but it never drips out the the boosters.

Do I need to send the carb back to be looked at?
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.

firefighter3931

I would send it back.  :Twocents:

If you have another carb you can swap on i would try that first and see if the same conditions exist before sending it back....try isolating the problem.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs