News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who actually likes '70 chargers??

Started by Death1970Proof, March 03, 2008, 07:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

I never, ever had a problem with 1970 Chargers, in fact only until 5-6 years ago, I hated the 1968 Charger tail-lights.  For the record, I have since changed my opinion on 68 Chargers.... I like them!

The 1970 Charger probably had the cleanest  looking front end, coolest colors, and the R/T door scoops are just downright awesome!  I also like the high back bucket seats. Some people claim Chrysler cheepened the product for 1970 - which I guess is true in some ways with the interior (no door pockets and offering a bench seat) and 6cyl engine....but I'd say it was evolution. The 1970 front end design was representative of the times with what Pontiac was doing, and set the stage for a continuance of the 1971-1972 Charger hidden headlamp grille theme.

1970 Chargers also gave us COOL STUFF like 15" rallye wheels with white letter tires, 440 Six Pack engines, and Super Track Pack.

After writing this, I'm starting to wonder if this wasn't the best  year of the 2nd generation Chargers?

I would own a 1970 Charger R/T in a minute! Please make mine sublime or hemi orange, with the 440 hood graphics, and the body side longitudinal stripes (instead of bumble bee stripes) -  just to be different.:icon_smile_wink:

Dodge Don

I guess you can put me down as a 70 Lover  :2thumbs:

bill440rt

Uncle, UNCLE!!!  :D  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

70 Charger RT

"Who Actually likes 70 chargers?"  I don't "like" them, I "love" them.  Some would call it an infatuation.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

BB1

Delete my profile

68RT4ME

Quote from: dkn1997 on March 03, 2008, 08:25:44 PM
I love 68's obviousely, but I woudl love to see a frankencharger with 68 grill, 70 door scoops, and 69 tailights.

I will say one thing for the 70 door scoops, they look awesome on daytona clones.  they just fit right in with the whole aero theme for me.

You mean like this one?

'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

paironines

I've owned 4 in the past and would love to have another; in good shape this time though.  I'd sell my 68 in a heartbeat for the right one.

68RT4ME

Funny thing is, when I set out to buy a 2nd Gen charger, I was looking for a '68 or a '70 model. My least favorite is/was the '69. Of course, it's a '69 that I found and ended up buying and am in the middle of restoring. I'm thrilled to have it and over any prejudices I had for them. I still love the '68 and 70's and would be oh so happy to have one but, I'm aye ok with my '69...  :2thumbs:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

Death1970Proof

"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

Death1970Proof

Quote from: Death1970Proof on March 04, 2008, 10:34:59 AM
Quote from: bill440rt on March 04, 2008, 09:03:30 AM
Uncle, UNCLE!!!  :D  :2thumbs:

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

My question is when are the repop companies gonna wake up and start making more stuff for the '70?? They can start with valances! They are hard to find!!!!
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

Chatt69chgr

68,69,70 Charger?  Does anybody really like the 70?  That's kind of like asking: Charlie's Angels----does anybody really like any of them.  They are all nice.  I'd love to have a 70 model even though I have a 69 now.  For that matter, I wouldln't mind having a 68 too.  Can't have too many 2nd gen Chargers.

MichaelRW

I have always thought that the last year of many designs were the best because the manufacturer had refined them each year to get the best out of them. 1968 Mustang, 1967 Corvette, 1967 GTO (although I like the '65's the best), and, of course, the 1970 Charger.

How can you not love that grille?  :icon_smile_big:
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

plum500

'70s are my fav second gen. Love the front grill.  :2thumbs:

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

JR

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

TUFCAT

I've always been a big fan of the longitudinal stripes (and 440/Hemi hood call-outs) on '70 Charger R/T's.  :2thumbs:

In fact, if I had a choice of years ....I'd probably want to own a 1970.  I said this before, but my Dad wanted  to buy a brand new 1970 Charger R/T - burnt orange with matching burnt orange interior (just like Hemi-Hamptons car) back in 1970, but decided to buy a dark bronze/saddle tan/black top/ 383 powered 1969 Charger SE (used) instead. 

Death1970Proof

Quote from: Chris G. on March 04, 2008, 07:07:11 AM
Quote from: Death1970Proof on March 03, 2008, 07:25:22 PM
Time to stir the  :stirthepot:

What pot are you looking to stir?  :shruggy:  ::)

The answer is a no brainer, just like asking about '68 and '69 Chargers.  :slap:

Ok I give..The thread is shameless plug to see other members 1970 chargers!!  :nana: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA: :cheers:

chargerrt

I'll admit that '70's are my least favorite of the 2nd gens, but every time I see my car, have older guys stop me to tell me about their old car, or get a girl's number because of my car, I can't help but to have an ear-to-ear smile on my face.  I can't wait until spring break starts on Friday so I can go home to my beautiful Charger.  I haven't driven it or seen it since Christmas!

Sendero

I really like the the 70 with the door scoops and the go wing ....but then... I am growing accustomed to the 07 so my taste might be in question here!

Hey who likes the looks of new charger ? :brickwall:

Blown70

dpm68

I had my heart set on a '70 until I found a'68 for a sweet deal and had to pull the trigger. Still love them though...

73chgrSE

I like 'em all. To me 69-and 70's are pretty close in appearance. 73 will always be my fav though.

Death1970Proof

Quote from: chargerrt on March 04, 2008, 05:46:47 PM
I'll admit that '70's are my least favorite of the 2nd gens, but every time I see my car, have older guys stop me to tell me about their old car, or get a girl's number because of my car, I can't help but to have an ear-to-ear smile on my face.  I can't wait until spring break starts on Friday so I can go home to my beautiful Charger.  I haven't driven it or seen it since Christmas!

Dude that car is BADASS!!! I bet you can score the chicks easy in that baby!!! :drool5:

Magnumcharger

I like the '69's the best. Only because that's the first second-gen I ever came across, and the one I cruised in while at High School. (Not to mention THAT TV show...).
I like the '70s next, because of their similarities to the '69 in the back, but the fact that they came in all of the neat colors makes it hard to resist. The hood callouts, the sunroof/SE/R/T Hemi combination...well that's hard to beat too.
The sixty-series Goodyear polyglas on 15 x 7 rallye wheels definately puts it ahead of almost everything else ever made.
Then there's the '68s, which look fantastic from the front, and 1963 all over again in the back. The thin little 14 x 6 Magnums (if you're lucky) with Redline F70 14's are usually the first thing people change to Ford Magnums and real tires. Love the Bumblebee stripes, hate the door locks, don't care for the gas cap without "Fuel" on it. But like the thin dashpad. Shitty seats compared to '70 as well. Oh yeah, and no Sixpacks on Chargers until '70 as well.

And wouldn't you know it...I've got a '68 R/T!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

BROCK