News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who actually likes '70 chargers??

Started by Death1970Proof, March 03, 2008, 07:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mass_Mopar

I really like the '68 and '70 grilles, and the 69/70 taillights.  I can't stand the '70 taillight trim, so I hung mine up in the garage and currently have a more '69 look on my charger (i haven't filled the holes yet, but I probably will).  I definitely love my pistol grip and high-back buckets too :cheers:

I can't wait to install my new grille soon
-Nick

70 Charger 500 383/833 pistol grip 3.91sg
71 New Yorker 440/Auto
04 Ram 5.7L 4x4 5spd 3.92 Auburn Posi
Old screen name MA_Young_Gun

Joshua

Quote from: Musicman on March 03, 2008, 09:27:47 PM
2nd gen's  :scratchchin: ... 68, 70, 69... in that order  :cheers:

DITTO :cheers:
1970 was a great year for Mopars in general......

Death1970Proof

Quote from: Mass_Mopar on March 04, 2008, 10:41:53 PM
I really like the '68 and '70 grilles, and the 69/70 taillights.  I can't stand the '70 taillight trim, so I hung mine up in the garage and currently have a more '69 look on my charger (i haven't filled the holes yet, but I probably will).  I definitely love my pistol grip and high-back buckets too :cheers:

I can't wait to install my new grille soon

I agree 100%...

Even though Im building a death proof replica the 1970 tail panel trim had to go regardless. The plain panel featuring just the taillights and chrome bezels look so much cleaner!! The bezels took FOREVER to find!!!
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

nakita7

Love the pic of the black one. The triple-black/red stripe thing looks so AWESOME on a 70! And yet, that same combo on a 68 or a 69 just doesn't cut it for me.

Chad L. Magee

I actually prefer the looks of a 1970 front end over a 1968-9 model.  That being said, I still like the other years, so I tend to collect all three.  For some reason, the chrome loop bumper on the 1970 Chargers completes the design quite well with the redesigned fenders and hood, not to mention the RT door scoops add to the look (kinda like a shark with fins).  It was a ride in a 1970 Charger RT/SE V-code, 4-speed that got me hooked into mopars back in the day, a car that is now long gone (ex-friend sold it for $800 at a farm/ranch reality auction).......
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Death1970Proof

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on March 06, 2008, 08:58:07 AM
I actually prefer the looks of a 1970 front end over a 1968-9 model.  That being said, I still like the other years, so I tend to collect all three.  For some reason, the chrome loop bumper on the 1970 Chargers completes the design quite well with the redesigned fenders and hood, not to mention the RT door scoops add to the look (kinda like a shark with fins).  It was a ride in a 1970 Charger RT/SE V-code, 4-speed that got me hooked into mopars back in the day, a car that is now long gone (ex-friend sold it for $800 at a farm/ranch reality auction).......

Would you ever sell the slant charger?? I've always wanted one!!! :cheers:
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: Death1970Proof on March 06, 2008, 02:32:18 PM
Quote from: Chad L. Magee on March 06, 2008, 08:58:07 AM

Would you ever sell the slant charger?? I've always wanted one!!! :cheers:

It would be very hard for me to sell it, as it compliments my collection of Charger oddballs quite well.  I guess I would if the right offer was made, but it would have to involve another equally rare Charger to replace it.  It might not be the most valuable Charger out there, but it definately gets attention at car shows, even from the experts who have seen everything mopar under the sun.  That was my orginal attraction to the car.  You can find 1968-69 /6 Chargers for sale on a regular basis, but the 1970 versions are very rare (I think that there less than ten in the TDC registry out of more than 200 built).  I would like to get a set of those (I have heard of someone having the 68, 70 but is missing the 69).  If I could get my hands on the 1970 Charger 500 SE version (1 of 1), then my base one would be expendable.  Trav had one of the 29 1970 /6 Charger 500s made (1 of 1 with side moldings), but he sold it last year on ebay.  I would have bought it if I had more fluid money on tap.  Maybe I can buy it later on........
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

ACUDANUT

1970 Chargers are the best.  The front grill and bumber remind me of a jet intake.  :yesnod:

TUFCAT

I agree.....and I always liked 1970 Chargers - even though my Dad had two 69's while I was growing up. One of them was a '69 500, and I remember as a kid thinking that the 500 front end
WAS SO  UGLY compared to our 1960 SE :shruggy:  Actually, I even thought the rear plug was ugly compared to our '69 SE!

In fact, I never liked that car much at all.....except that it was fast as hell.   Now, nearly 35 years later, I absolutely love the Charger 500 front end - - and wish the old man never sold it!!  (Who woulda' thunk)?;)  Just proves my bad taste in cars as a kid....although I ALWAYS loved the old '67 Coronet 440 we had!  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:  So my taste must not have been that  bad.  :2thumbs:  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

this only proves Catnip really IS a helluva drug. :icon_smile_wink:

JerseyJoe

They are the best of the best... since you're asking  :icon_smile_big:
I love mine!

Back N Black

I didn't know they made Chargers in 1970?  :shruggy:  :icon_smile_big:

Death1970Proof

Quote from: Back N Black on March 06, 2008, 07:27:28 PM

Actually the last chargers were made somewhre around 1974  ;D :icon_smile_big:

73chgrSE

Back N Black

Quote from: Death1970Proof on March 06, 2008, 07:43:26 PM

I was just kidding!
Can't be 74, because i had a 75. It was a nice car. i think it was the only year for that body style.

EDIT. you are correct i had a 75 RoadRunner

Death1970Proof

Quote from: Back N Black on March 06, 2008, 07:47:40 PM
Quote from: Death1970Proof on March 06, 2008, 07:43:26 PM

Well in my opinion 1974.... :cheers:

I was just kidding!
Can't be 74, because i had a 75. It was a nice car. i think it was the only year for that body style.

A383Wing

We have a '70 Charger 500...turned it into a Daytona.....otherwise known as the funny looking pointy nosed purple car with large towel rack on the rear....everyone here knows what that piece of crap looks like anyway...

Bryan

70ChargerRTSE_Lee

I bought mine in 74' and loved it at first sight. Maybe it's just because that's what I bought, but it's my favorite Charger.
Charger Owner since '74

1969chargerrtse

70 wasn't my favorite year, but something about the style has been growing on me more and more.  Same with 68's.  All 3 are incredibly classic and classy, with 69 being my favorite.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

2much2learn

have a 74 project for now, planing on getting (a much loved) 70' 500 later on in life when i acctually know what the H3LL I'm doing :lol:
I say " determined to restore the Charger" SHE hears " Stubborn to throw your money away"   dx_Xb

charge-it

Although I own a 68, 70 is by far my favorite year Charger. My first Mopar was a 1970 Charger R/T b-5 b-5 console auto.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

moparstuart

Quote from: charge-it on December 02, 2008, 03:07:25 PM
Although I own a 68, 70 is by far my favorite year Charger. My first Mopar was a 1970 Charger R/T b-5 b-5 console auto.
My first mopar was a 70 r/t  top banana black top , black stripe , black interior , loved that car but would much rather have a 68  :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

jeez, already on page 4 and no sign of Chris (NOT just 6T9 Charger RT)   :scratchchin:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: MichaelRW on March 04, 2008, 02:17:03 PM
How can you not love that grille?  :icon_smile_big:

Ummmm   If you've had to restore 3 of them in the past year!
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 02, 2008, 04:17:44 PM
jeez, already on page 4 and no sign of Chris (NOT just 6T9 Charger RT)   :scratchchin:

Wow I feel so loved.....Why beat a dead horse more than its beat already?  Nearly a year later after the first post & I still feel the same way.... 
I just dont go out of my way to bash 70 lovers is all (like some 69 haters do) :whistling:

:horse: :horse:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

GreenMachine

Here's a pic of my '70 and the '72 I sold a few years ago. After looking at this pic recently, I realized how similar the front bumpers are.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.