News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

you have got to be kidding me...

Started by Bandit72, March 03, 2008, 02:58:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandit72

Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

TruckDriver

When I was still married, we owned one of those in 1998/'99. It was a '89 also, and it hands down is the worst car I EVER owned. It only have 89.000 miles when we got it, identical to that one, and we paid $600. for it. It didn't even make 100,000 miles and the head gasket blew. NO leg room, NO head room, NO good ride, NO NOTHING.... and ugly as hell :eek2: 

I bought it for my now ex who had rolled one once, and still drove it for over a year. She like them for that reason. :rotz:

BTW - the guy should ad some HEMI decals to the car, he could add $30,000 to that price :lol:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TUFCAT

The demand isn't really surprising.  I'm sure someone will by this car to make a GLH clone, or use the parts for their own GLH. This car has MINT interior and trim- which is very hard to come by. Probably even smells new.  :Twocents: :Twocents:

68charger383

I think here's the biggest problem to worry about if you win the car:

Q:  Is there a shipping depot near you? Would you assist in any way? I'll pay the transport but was wondering if you would deliver to a depot if one is...more
Answered on Feb-27-08   
A:  DAS. (Dependable Auto Shippers) We have no problem dropping the vehicle off at the terminal which is about 3-5 miles from us.

1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

JrJohnston

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 03, 2008, 07:31:09 AM
The demand isn't really surprising.  I'm sure someone will by this car to make a GLH clone, or use the parts for their own GLH. This car has MINT interior and trim- which is very hard to come by. Probably even smells new.  :Twocents: :Twocents:

ANd to think I crushed 2 GLH's last month.......... :shruggy:
Junior Johnston
SCB AutoTrim
2565 B W. Bennett
Springfield,Mo 65807
417-869-7700
www.scbautotrim-mo.com
www.myspace.com/scbautotrim

Charger1973

My best friend in high school was killed in one of those.  His dad bought it because it was clean with low miles like that one.  He ended up getting T-boned by a Buick and the pillar between the doors folded in and crushed him.  You couldnt pay me enough to ride in that POS.   :Twocents:

Tilar

Quote from: JrJohnston on March 03, 2008, 11:09:42 AM
Quote from: TUFCAT on March 03, 2008, 07:31:09 AM

ANd to think I crushed 2 GLH's last month.......... :shruggy:

Ok, I give... what is GLH?
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

moparstuart

the little hot rod turbo onmi's they have a glhs shelby version they sell for like 8-10 grand for nice low miles cars.
    check out www.turbododge.com 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

72chargerSE

WOW All the negativity!!

These cars helped Chrysler before the K Cars.... they were cheap, reliable transportation.

What's a GLH??!!

I really guess I am a old guy now!!

A GLH was a little car you didn't mess with back in the mid 80's... A GLH-S would blow your doors off!

72chargerSE

Here's a history lesson for our junior members...

GLH

Goes Like Hell

GLH-S

Goes Like Hell - Some more...

There were also GLH-S CHARGERS.... Yes kiddies, CHARGERS!!! HAHAHAHAHA

The 80's were a BLAST!

Tilar

Quote from: 72chargerSE on March 04, 2008, 10:30:50 PM
WOW All the negativity!!

These cars helped Chrysler before the K Cars.... they were cheap, reliable transportation.

What's a GLH??!!

I really guess I am a old guy now!!

A GLH was a little car you didn't mess with back in the mid 80's... A GLH-S would blow your doors off!

I never much cared for any of the 80's cars. I drove a 74 Duster, a 76 F-150 (bought that one new) and a 78 Mark V through the 80's and partway into the 90's.

I do have either an 84 or 85 Dodge Omni looking car that says Charger on the side. Has a 2.2 in it.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.