News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tags on Ebay...

Started by 69bronzeT5, March 02, 2008, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69bronzeT5

Already contacted the seller of the Cuda tag, he is a nice guy and I just let him know that he could run into some problems regarding people buying it to transfer the tag. He said he will tell the winner of the auction that it is for collective purposes only, its illegal to transfer the tag and yea...thats all he can basically do and just hope that a honest person buys it.

Ghoste

And I'm sure that's all he ever wanted.  :insertsarcasm:

69_500

Odds are if its a car that was still running when he sold it back in 1980 that it is still around. Suprised that someone has already chimed in as to knowing who has it yet. Although there are quite a few HEMI cuda's still around, and quite a few of them actually built.

FLG

I hate crap like this, i seriously think we should all start putting together some money and buying any tags that people are selling and just try to get them back to their owners. Im sure there are alot of chargers out there that miss there fender tag.

mikesbbody

:iagree: but some cars sadly will never be reunited with their tags  :'( i would never buy a car without one.

Chad L. Magee

I hope somebody has been collecting the pictures of each of these tags as they appear, so that even if the orginal tag can not be returned to the orginal car, an accurate duplicate fender tag could be made from the information if the car sufaces.  I have been recording any of the oddball Charger fender tags that I find on there for comparison with mine, but I know I miss alot of the other tags.  Kinda sad to think we are in a hobby that even the information specific for a particular car costs money to buy, when it should belong with the car it was stamped for.
     Another rant:  Last month, there was a guy at a local swap meet selling old titles and he had some 1968-71 Chargers in there.  He wanted $100 for the title for a 1969 Charger RT and even higher for a 1969 Coronet RT convertible.   :rotz:  He did mention that there "weren't any of them Hemis in there" but went on and on about the "rare" Coronet RT convertible title he had and how it is worth so much money now.  The seller mentioned that all of the cars were crushed years ago, so the titles were for "collectibility purposes only", mostly OHIO titles if I rememer right.  I don't have a problem if someone buys a title and it gets framed onto a wall with a picture of the car for all of time, but I know that just is not the case for some of them he sells.  It is not too much of a stretch to see someone try to fake a rebody with a repopped VIN tag and have a clear title for it (these were not cancelled titles either, signed over by owners so open to reregisteration).  When I mentioned about registering the information with TDC, he quickly walked away and ignored me anytime I passed by his booth for the rest of the meet........
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on March 02, 2008, 10:31:25 PM
     I hope somebody has been collecting the pictures of each of these tags as they appear

I added these.