News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Please pic a cam for my Lowbuck 440 build...

Started by Blakcharger440, March 01, 2008, 10:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blakcharger440

I am throwing together a 1967 440 engine to go in a 70 Charger 500.
Let me know what cam you would go with?  :shruggy:
Is there is anything you would change in the combo?  :shruggy:

The parts below are already purchased or already on the car. At this time I dont want to build another shortblock either and this is just mostly a "bolt on build up to try and maximize what I do have

Stock short block with cast flat tops .090 in the hole
Holley 750 Vacuum Secondary
Eddy RPM Intake
Stealth heads
1 3/4 Headers and 2.5 exhaust
Electronic Ignition
Dana 60 3.54 gears
833 4speed Trans

Chatt69chgr

Why Dana 60?  Not needed.  Save for better project.  Use 8-3/4.  If you are going with 90 in the hole pistons, why waste money on headers and heads?  Use stock stuff.  The Eddy Rpm is not very good.  Performer RPM is better.  Or Weiand dual plane.  Don't need the 2.5 inch exhausts either.  The std 2.5 necking down to 2-1/4 is adequate.  I would rethink the engine build.  If you are serious about the Stealths's, buy pistons that sit 15 thou in the hole and mill block down for zero deck.  Use Engle K56 cam.  10.5 CR.  Consider repop hp exhaust manifolds from Year One (or headers)-----manifolds would probably be cheaper and quieter------perhaps less troublesome.

Wait for firefighter to tell you what to do.  He's very knowledgeable and helpful. 

Blakcharger440

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on March 01, 2008, 10:34:09 PM
Why Dana 60?  Not needed.  Save for better project.  Use 8-3/4.  If you are going with 90 in the hole pistons, why waste money on headers and heads?  Use stock stuff.  The Eddy Rpm is not very good.  Performer RPM is better.  Or Weiand dual plane.  Don't need the 2.5 inch exhausts either.  The std 2.5 necking down to 2-1/4 is adequate.  I would rethink the engine build.  If you are serious about the Stealths's, buy pistons that sit 15 thou in the hole and mill block down for zero deck.  Use Engle K56 cam.  10.5 CR.  Consider repop hp exhaust manifolds from Year One (or headers)-----manifolds would probably be cheaper and quieter------perhaps less troublesome.

Wait for firefighter to tell you what to do.  He's very knowledgeable and helpful. 

The parts above have already been purchased or are already on the car thats why. And I already know that the pistons being .090 in the hole isnt a good thing.
I should have also mentioned that I dont want to build a short block right now and thats why its being called LOW BUCK in the title of this thread.

firefighter3931

The static compression will be low so use a conservative cam like the K56 from Engle. It should run fine with reg unleaded fuel and still make descent power.

The RPM dual plane is perfect for that build...i would use it without hesitation.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Blakcharger440

Quote from: firefighter3931 on March 02, 2008, 08:56:44 AM
The static compression will be low so use a conservative cam like the K56 from Engle. It should run fine with reg unleaded fuel and still make descent power.

The RPM dual plane is perfect for that build...i would use it without hesitation.  :yesnod:

Ron
I figured the RPM would be a good choice.