News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

throttle cable

Started by oldsnofear, January 15, 2009, 02:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldsnofear

Hello I just put A 383 in my 69 and the problem im having is the accel cable is about 1" to short. the car came with a 2 bbl and i switched it to a edelbrock intake/carb. Is the 2 bbl cable shorter than the stock 4bbl cable??????
Thanks

squeakfinder

Did you figure it out? I'm wondering if you don't need to go to an after market cable like Lokar to get the length you need.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

oldsnofear

Hey Yeah I got it I ordered a cable from year one and it was still 3/4 inch short so i cut the bracket and welded it looks and works perfect Thanks

Mean 318

mancini racing makes them and I got one from summit too, they worked out nice both lokar, ez to do! I had to snap 2 b4 I got the lokar! A little  :Twocents: but still worth it!

GreenMachine

I seem to remember someone saying to get a cable for a Slant 6, they're supposed to be the longest.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

A383Wing

I thought the cable was the same..it's the mounting bracket that is different at the rear of the intake. 4bbl carb throttle plate is about 1" further forward than the 2bbl......and the mounting bracket at the rear of the intake it about 1" further forward as well.....

At least they are in the 66 big block cars