News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

classic insured car as a daily driver?

Started by kylem4711, February 28, 2008, 11:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

QuoteDoes anyone know if the classic insurance companies even insure a Viper? The reason I ask is because a friend wanted to insure his '99 Trans Am convertible through one of the classis insurers. They initially said if it was just a standard Trans AM that did not have some type of limited edition status it could not even be insured. The only reason they did finally allow it was because he had several other old cars on the policy already and he calmly RantExplode mentioned dropping everything.   

Calling a 1997 Trans Am a classic?  WTF?!?

A lot of GM guys seem to think there is no such thing as a non-collectible F-body.   They're in for a disappointment in about 20 years. 

kylem4711

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on March 01, 2008, 09:29:59 PM

QuoteDoes anyone know if the classic insurance companies even insure a Viper? The reason I ask is because a friend wanted to insure his '99 Trans Am convertible through one of the classis insurers. They initially said if it was just a standard Trans AM that did not have some type of limited edition status it could not even be insured. The only reason they did finally allow it was because he had several other old cars on the policy already and he calmly RantExplode mentioned dropping everything.   

A lot of GM guys seem to think there is no such thing as a non-collectible F-body.   They're in for a disappointment in about 20 years. 

ha
1970 dodge charger rt 440 4-speed
1973 plymouth barracuda 4-speed

694spdRT

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on March 01, 2008, 09:29:59 PM

No, it is a 1999, 1997 T/A's are not nearly as cool.  ;)

Some of the "classic" insurance carriers don't have a year restriction. It is technically supposed to be a low production car like a 30th Anniversary, Shelby Mustang, etc. and follow the same rules as the older cars.

My friend knows the T/A is nothing super special but he drives it on a limited basis just like his AMX. 
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

bordin34

What about us 73 SE owners we have the most common year and model yet we still get classic insurance. Some company should put out a low mileage insurance.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ