News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

lakevilla auto sales

Started by chargerkid01, February 28, 2008, 09:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerkid01

Hey has anyone ever bought a charger from lakevilla auto sales?? I was wondering what kind of work they do?? I'm considering tradingmy charger (if they will do it) for one of their generals. I know I said I would never hve a general but guy it upsets me to read about all the fun you guys have driving your chargers and to know that mine is still a long way from being done.

dodgecharger-fan

if you do a search for hlpag on this site, you'll find out why any GL's from Lake Villa, IL are something you don't want to get involved with - unless you can go there and inspect every single inch of the car and know exactly what you are looking at.

Glad you asked first.

bull

Quote from: chargerkid01 on February 28, 2008, 09:06:05 PM
Hey has anyone ever bought a charger from lakevilla auto sales?? I was wondering what kind of work they do?? I'm considering tradingmy charger (if they will do it) for one of their generals. I know I said I would never hve a general but guy it upsets me to read about all the fun you guys have driving your chargers and to know that mine is still a long way from being done.

If you're interested in having fun I'd stay as far away from Hans Leudke (however you spell it) as possible. He's a fun-sucking vampire.

chargerkid01

thanks guys do you kow anyone else who might be interested in a trade?? Maybe Travis would trade his General lol I would never ask one of you guys to trade your prid and joy that would be wrong I guess I'll stick to my project anyone has any ??s about my charger though I will be glad to answer It is always good to hear peoples thoughts and opinions.

69charger2002

it's a shame that nice sounding ads and pretty pics can be so deceiving. how about instead of people saying negative comments.. chargerkid. if you are considering it. GO THERE and look aroudn in person. don't buy sight unseen(from them or anyone else). then there shouldn't be any problems. if you get there, and STILL like what you see after looking over everything carefully, then more power to ya
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Cooperman

Here's a thread that should answer your question within about thirty seconds of reading...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,3692.0.html
I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants!

chargerkid01

seriously if that is the quality of there stuff then F$$$$ that my charger is in much bettr shape hell it was in better shape when I bought it before I had the metal work done maybe time is worth waiting. hey trav tell me more about your white chargers. Mine is originally white with metalic green interior. I bought mine on ebay from odessa texas in 05 sight unseen but he reall described it good. my dad is a bodyman so he told me what pics to get of the car. I wish I would have waited but god did I want a charger

41husk

Build a GL!  you can get as detailed or basic as you like.  My friend had a GL here in town, He sold it on ebay and bought a Challenger.  It always got  a lot of attention at shows and cruizes.  He said it was the wrong kinda attention and did not realize it was a " white trash magnet"  I think he was just always an Ebody guy, because, I always noticed kids around wanting him to blow the horn.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

chargerkid01

yeah i know what you mean I have a dixie horn in my truck. My girlfriend and I go out and Little kids constantly are asking me to blow the horn it gets anoying but we were all little at one piont asking truckers to blow the air horns so i dont mind. My little brothers (9 and 7 years old) are pretty popular at school big brother has the general lee horn in his truck lol then the oldest one tells all his friends that I have the general lee in making I hate to let him down and tell him i'mnot sure how im gonna build it yet. I am for sure staying away from lake villa now though!!! to much s$$$ to bother with now.. Does any one have any spare parts???

41husk

You can start basic and build on it.  You can buy the decal kit from any graphics Co. paint it orange add the graphics and go slow from there.  You don't have to have tan interior, roll bar, push bar, or Wheels or even the dixie horn right off the bat.  You can always add those as they become available and $$ allows.  Good Luck with your project!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

69bronzeT5

Quote from: chargerkid01 on February 28, 2008, 09:06:05 PM
I'm considering tradingmy charger (if they will do it) for one of their generals.

DONT DO IT. Their cars are full of bondo.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

chargerkid01

thanks guys I'm NOT going through with the deal they can hate me if they want to oh well. I joined this sight to get advice on cars and my project and I thank yo for it!!! I am playing it out with them so see just what type of scam artist they are so maybe I can help someone else out!!

bull

Quote from: chargerkid01 on March 01, 2008, 01:42:36 PM
thanks guys I'm NOT going through with the deal they can hate me if they want to oh well. I joined this sight to get advice on cars and my project and I thank yo for it!!! I am playing it out with them so see just what type of scam artist they are so maybe I can help someone else out!!

It's good you came here first. We've seen too many people come here after buying from them and they aren't happy.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: bull on March 01, 2008, 06:01:19 PM

It's good you came here first. We've seen too many people come here after buying from them and they aren't happy.

Exactly :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

chargerkid01

hey they called me about my charger and this what they said he would but it off me for 5 grand ha I got more than that just in the shell not including what I boughtit for and all the parts!!! I tld him where he could stick it!! STAY AWAY FROM THEM IS RIGHT!!! thanks guys

CornDogsCharger

Last week a friend of mine traded his very nice, almost finished 69 Charger to them for a red 72-'74 Barracuda.  The Cuda was a 50 footer!!!  When I walked up to the car, instantly I could smell the fresh acrylic enamel paint!  The bodywork looked like hammered dog dick! the interior was a quicky job.... the seat were recently re-corvered.... but the rest of it was spray dyed.  EVERY piece of glass on the car had DA sanding scratches.  Intead of re-chroming the bumpers, they were painted.  The grille was busted.  Do I need to continue??  His car had all of tyhe bodywork done and the car was rock solid to start with.  It also came with a freshly built 440, mint grille, NOS Vector wheels, brand new pushbar and roll bar, General Lee decal kit.... hmmmm, I wonder what they are gonna do with his car??  I tried to warn my friend, but he really wanted a Cuda..... poor guy

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

Ghoste

I hate to think what they'll want for a Charger that isn't all rusted out.  I feel bad for your friend but you did try and warn him and that's how Hans stays in business, preying on the buyer who lets emotion take over.