News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chrysler not having a good start to 2008

Started by TruckDriver, March 04, 2008, 07:43:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Out of 260 vehicles tested, 4 of the top 11 cars for '08 are Chryslers's. Three Jeeps and one Dodge. The worst was the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. :rotz:

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/trends/consumer-reports-11-worst-cars-of-2008/

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

resq302

You think they have something against SUV's?  The majority of the worst rated cars were all Jeeps or SUV type of vehicles.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

hutch

I dont care much for Consumer Reports.  I dont care what cars they like, its more about what cars I like.  They try and direct the market too much more so than giving good information.  They are all hot into this green car crap and safty standard that will never be as good as they want it.  If they existed in the 50's what would they say about some of the best cars ever made at that time?
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

FLG

If they think alot of those cars handling, comfort, noise, and braking are bad...i wonder what they would think if they drove around a 1,2, or 3rd gen charger  :nana:

Honestly, if my daily driver gets me from point A to point B...im happy.

694spdRT

"• Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
The Wrangler Unlimited was characterised by its poor ride and handling as well as its subpar fuel-economy, fit and finish."

Wow, thanks for the news flash! I never imagined a Jeep CJ based vehicle would have poor ride and bad fit and finish.  :slap:

Oh, and last time I checked "characterised" is spelled characterized.  :rotz:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

twenty mike mike

Quote from: 694spdRT on March 04, 2008, 10:12:17 AM

Oh, and last time I checked "characterised" is spelled characterized.  :rotz:

That's the Brit spelling. Makes them ever so much more upscale, don't you know.  :eek2:

Chatt69chgr

I havn't paid too much attention to Consumer Reports for a long time.  Their top picks in cars usually are plain brown wrapper family cars.  It's kind of like, the sheep don't know which plain jane to buy, so CR helps them validate their choice.  I like sports cars period.  I have never been much interested in family buckets although I have been forced to buy them thru the years for grocery getters, etc. 

BigBlackDodge

Whats shocking to me is that they have two Toyotas on that list. The world must be coming to an end!

BBD

moparjohn

They don't get that some of use don't want POS brown bag cars and want: off road suspensions, husky V8's that get poor gas milage, and God forbid that styling is more important than fit n'finish (yeah I said it!)
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!