News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stroker FINALLY coming together...Pics Included!

Started by Mfr426, February 28, 2008, 08:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfr426

Well folks, with the help of Ron/Firefighter's expert advice, I'm bringing my Stroker build up to an end. If all goes as planned (and my wife can bear the Proform purchase), I shoujld have this motor together within the next month. My 440 source heads FINALLY arrived today (thursday). The heads look fantastic and 440 source is proving to be a fine company delivering fine products! I hope to install my heads and intake over the next week.

The block was a 68 440 and I installed a Engle K60 cam. I've got a new pan, windage tray, timing gears, cover, Melling HV oil pump, etc. The last piece of the puzzle will be the Proform 950 as per Ron's recommendations. Check out some of the shots.

Mfr426

and a few more...

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

joflaig

Nice.  :2thumbs: I think Ron is keeping ProForm in business. Soon you can't be a member here without a stroker and a 950.   ;)

Musicman

Great progress shots  :2thumbs:   Thanks for posting and keeping us all entertained  :cheers:

ChgrSteve67

firefighter3931

Looking very good Mike....now get some plasticote :paintingpink: on that engine and post some picsĀ  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Mfr426

Paul G

Hey Ron, how come he gets a K60 and I only got a K56?   :drool5:  I am jealous and feel slighted.  :slap:

But seriously, nice job on the build Mfr426. Are you going to Dyno it?

:cheers:
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Mfr426

A dyno is not out of the question. Barton is about 10 minutes away but the cost is $560 + supplies.  :eek2:

Mick70RR

Great pics Mike, very similar to my stroker and I'm also running a 950 Proform. The oil slinger looks like it's on back to front but it's difficult to tell from the picture.
1970 Road Runner, 505 cid, 4 speed, GV overdrive, 3.91 gears
11.98 @ 117 on street treads

Mfr426

Mick, you are correct and that has NOW been corrected. Good eye. Blasted slinger is always the snake in the woodpile.

Mike R