News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Engine Color ....

Started by Khyron, February 28, 2008, 03:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

Curious to see how many people out there went away from the norm and have different color combos on their engines. As you can see in my pictures now and in the pass I painted my Small block Gold to match the original Paint, then when I cloned my car I did engine color....

I found the light colors got too hard to maintain with how much I drive so now the motor is going black with aluminum parts... a little hint of chrome...

anyone else stray away from the curve?

first pic when it was gold, second when it was citron Yella

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Rolling_Thunder

Crappy pics but you get the idea

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on February 28, 2008, 04:06:51 PM
Crappy pics but you get the idea

That badboy looks like a 6V92 Detroit Diesel....they painted them silver so you can spot the numerous oil leaks better! ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

resq302

OMG! ! !   The dreaded Fram filter.   :o
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: resq302 on February 28, 2008, 06:44:16 PM

Break in filter only...     that gets swapped out for a nice K&N Racing Filter...    they have the really cool nut on the bottom so you can use a normal wrench to remove it   :2thumbs:   

Also notice my little crank trigger  :icon_smile_big:

The engine will stay silver but hopefully will have aluminum heads, fabbed valve covers, and my nice Victor single plane.    :2thumbs:   

Engine is painted black and silver for a reason...     it matched all my braided fuel line and black AN fittings   :yesnod:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

bull

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on February 28, 2008, 05:11:35 PM
That badboy looks like a 6V92 Detroit Diesel....they painted them silver so you can spot the numerous oil leaks better! ;)

Weren't those things actually supposed to leak? I don't know if that rumor is true or that they leaked so bad it became an excuse.

resq302

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on February 28, 2008, 07:56:56 PM
Quote from: resq302 on February 28, 2008, 06:44:16 PM

Break in filter only...     that gets swapped out for a nice K&N Racing Filter...    they have the really cool nut on the bottom so you can use a normal wrench to remove it   :2thumbs:   

Also notice my little crank trigger  :icon_smile_big:

The engine will stay silver but hopefully will have aluminum heads, fabbed valve covers, and my nice Victor single plane.    :2thumbs:   

Engine is painted black and silver for a reason...     it matched all my braided fuel line and black AN fittings   :yesnod:

I'd still shy away from the Fram filter, especially during break in.  During break in is when you have the biggest chance of partilcles going through the filter.  I would at least put a Purolator or a Wix on there in place of the Fram during start up.  Just my  :Twocents: though.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: resq302 on February 29, 2008, 12:35:01 AM
I'd still shy away from the Fram filter, especially during break in.  During break in is when you have the biggest chance of partilcles going through the filter.  I would at least put a Purolator or a Wix on there in place of the Fram during start up.  Just my  :Twocents: though.

I personally like Purolator as well.  It is quite strange though, how people swear by different brands of oil filters & oil.  Everyone seems to have a certain brand they love and a brand they hate.  Yet almost every brand wears the API certification seal.  In actuality these products are MUCH better than they were back when our Chargers were new. 

Sorry to hijack the thread. 
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: bull on February 28, 2008, 09:16:32 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on February 28, 2008, 05:11:35 PM

Weren't those things actually supposed to leak? I don't know if that rumor is true or that they leaked so bad it became an excuse.
Yeah, it was a built in reserve tank....you run out of diesel, you can run a while off the oil dripping off the engine.... ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

kamkuda

I like the silver, Black or silver for me on my next build.
The gold reminds me of the Olds Rocket engine. :2thumbs:

Khyron

Quote from: kamkuda on February 29, 2008, 08:13:19 PM
I like the silver, Black or silver for me on my next build.
The gold reminds me of the Olds Rocket engine. :2thumbs:

heheh I got that alot  :eek2:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.