News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

over seas parts sale question for you guys

Started by tkkruzer, February 28, 2008, 09:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tkkruzer

hello all, i'm wanting your input on something. A guy from Germany wants to buy a part from me for his mopar. he's in germany, and i'm in arkansas. I remember reading on this site about a scam involving overseas parts sales and I wanted to find out what I should do. I dont want to be a jerk  to any motor heads but I dont want someone tring to use me to launder money or some thing. and by the way its only a 25 $ part too. so what should I do? please advise.   thank you guys in advance,,,,Tom :2thumbs:

triple_green

have him pay you first and make sure you understand what it costs to ship. I find it easier if they are members of Ebay and I can check out some history on them. Paying using Paypal is convenient and takes the risk out of the payment process.

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

oldcarnut

What is the part and where about in Germany?

fc7_plumcrazy

Hi,

I am from germany.
Let him pay first. Find out how much shipping would be.
If he pays you with creditcard/paypal you should be fine.

Postage is important as some guys have no vclue how much it might cost.

Carsten

Nacho-RT74

I never can see any problem try to sell anything overseas... simply if you don't get the money in your hands, won't ship, thats all!!! isn't that the same when you ship in USA ? shiiping charges is allways also on buyer hands.... is not the same than when you shipp inside USA ? then once you get the quote and tell buyer, he simply accepts or not and you get the deal and money or not!

Intenational buyers are allways conscienticed about that. I simply can't see the problem about sell and shipp overseas. is jut that you are not used about that. that's why I can't sell to you  ::).
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

oldcarnut

I'm travelling to Stuttgart, Erbach, and Tuttlingen next Friday.  Thought if it was in same towns and small enough I might could help out depending what it was.

tkkruzer

thanx guys, its just the dash ash tray out of a 73 B body. not very big or heavy. I'm not sure where in Germany he is. I will find out today.  I'll also find out if he has a paypal account . Tom

tkkruzer

CB

:-\

I bought even cars as an overseas guy. I always wired the money into the sellers bank account.

He could send you a Western Union payment. 25 bucks + shipping won't be too much.

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

hemihead

I won't sell parts to any overseas buyer . Sorry , that's just my preference .  :Twocents:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

tkkruzer

I have sent an e-mail to the guy to get some more info. I hope this all works out, I have no problem selling to overseas people, fact is I dont care where you are from as long as I am paid in USD. we will see how thing go from here, I may have to call you guys again for help later. thanx...Tom

suntech

QuoteI won't sell parts to any overseas buyer . Sorry , that's just my preference . 

May i ask why? I mean, if you get money in to your account, for part + shipping, if it is small enaugh to go by mail, or just call UPS or something to pick up, and buyer pays in his end!!!
Dont really see the problem!!
I am in Norway, and bas bought a lot in the states, and it´s nothing in to it :shruggy:
I have seen on a few ads on Ebay, there they say that they wont sell overseas, why ...........no idea!
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

tkkruzer

well oldcarnut the dude has not replied to my request on where in Germany he is or weather he has a paypal account or not,so thanx for offering your help but there is no tellin when this transaction will take place, have a safe trip though :2thumbs: Tom

CB

if he didn't reply promptly, don't proceed on the sale.  :Twocents:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

oldcarnut

Your welcome Tom.  Oddly enough I ended up with my 70 RR recently because someone from Germany was supposed to be buying it from him but kept postponing payment and other delays.  I was one of the first couple of people he called from the emails he was sent after the auction ended reserve not met.