News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone brave enough to spring for one of those reproduction grills yet?

Started by bull, February 28, 2008, 02:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I'm talking about those grills from Premier Plastics that have been on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-DODGE-CHARGER-GRILLE-GRILLES-NEW-COMPLETE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33645QQihZ015QQitemZ250213713118QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I know many people here who would rather wrestle a grizzly than buy anything from Premier but it does look tempting in this case... :scratchchin:

69bronzeT5

They look like decent grilles but I would rather attempt to fix and re-paint my grille than spend $500 for a new one thats made by a company thats abit questionable. :Twocents:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Rack

Are they the only ones making them?

I would try them out but I'm nowhere near being able to intall it so I wouldn't be able to give any feedback to you anyway. I have a few broken parts off my grill so if these are any good I'll just go ahead and buy myself one.

mally69

Hey, they look good. But looks can be diceiveing. I am curious how they would fit. If these are the same ones that were being sold before, then there is a thread on them around here some place.

Old Moparz

Aren't they in Texas now?

Is there anyone on this forum near them who could go look & give us an "unbiased opinion" on them?

I know there is one member on here, Charger Aficionado (Jude) who was supposedly selling the grilles for them, but that's not an unbiased opinion. The '71 Barracuda grille I bought from them was a decent product, it was just the customer service that sucked.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

SnoPro440

I bought one but haven't received it yet.  I think it is supposed to show up in a couple weeks.  I called the number and purchased it with my CC so if something goes wrong, I can file a claim w/ my CC company.  I'll post pics as soon as I get it.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

69chargerboy

I just bought one a few weeks ago, I'm still waiting for it to be delivered.
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

dkn1997

RECHRGED

1969chargerrtse

Looks very tempting, BUT!  I don't trust that company and I'd rather have an original Mopar grille repaired or not, than a repro in that case. 
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

resq302

This is also the same company that was supposedly reproducing the 69 and 70 charger tail light bezels in plastic and then chromed them.  When I called them to find out how much they were, they told me the same story as what everyone else has heard with the grilles. :rotz:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

sick dawg

Quote from: mxzx440 on February 28, 2008, 10:23:50 AM
I bought one but haven't received it yet.  I think it is supposed to show up in a couple weeks.  I called the number and purchased it with my CC so if something goes wrong, I can file a claim w/ my CC company.  I'll post pics as soon as I get it.

Go ahead and file your claim, it sounds like you'll never see that grill.
70-500-SE-EXPORT

Premier plastic charger grille--paid over 3 months ago and never got grille 

SnoPro440

Quote from: sick dawg on February 28, 2008, 08:48:20 PM
Quote from: mxzx440 on February 28, 2008, 10:23:50 AM

Go ahead and file your claim, it sounds like you'll never see that grill.
70-500-SE-EXPORT

Premier plastic charger grille--paid over 3 months ago and never got grille 

Yeah I saw that post too.  That's effin great.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU