News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TTI Exhaust and Ultraflow Muffler questions

Started by BronzeOnSteelies, February 27, 2008, 08:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BronzeOnSteelies

I have decided to buy a "complete" system from one of their suppliers. I am going with 2.5 inch from the factory manifolds on back. They supply ultraflows which is what I had decided on based on threads I read on this site. The tips are not included. Some questions.

1. You guys that have ultraflows what did you get, the oval ones with offset inlet and outlet?
2. I do not have a welder so I was going to use clamps. A friend suggested getting ones that do not crimp down on the pipes. I see Summit has Dynamax stainless clamps at $13.99 a pop (WLK-33226) also do you know about how many clamps I would need.
3. The best price for R/T tips I have seen is $83 a pair from PG specialties on Ebay for stainless 2.5 inch. They want $64 for the hardware to hang the tips. How did you go about it?

My motor is a basically stock 440 in a 68 R/T. Headers may be put on it some day but not looking at any radical power adders. I have plenty of other items on my restoration list.
68 MM1 (Turbine Bronze) R/T

basarowich

I put the Pypes system on my car and I love it.  I have the Violater mufflers and they are raunchy as hell. I have not dynoed the car since but i swear it added power!

tommymac

I installed the TTI System and it was the easiest system I ever did by my self All the pipes match perfect and slide right in a little neverseize helps,for removal also I used the 5 clamps that came with it The pipes don't squeeze in much at all,because I had to remove the manifold adapters for Headers last week and they twisted right out. The Super Turbos sound Great, not too loud until Hammered,then loud.  2.5 H pipe The hangers they give for the tail pipe are the same as tip hangers.

firefighter3931

Use the oval case ultraflows with an offset inlet and center outlet. :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

BronzeOnSteelies

Thanks guys,

I called the supplier up and ordered the system and mailed the payment yesterday.

Should be a bit of an improvement over the 2" pipes and the one muffler with the baffles blown out of it that I have now. That side sounds like a junker.

Likely choking that big block     :eek2:

BronzeOnSteelies

I am having one problem with the installation of the new system. Actually it is the removal of the bolt that mounts the rear hanger brackets (way back for the R/T tips) to the bottom of the framerail. Both are tough to turn with a 1/2 inch drive ratchet. I have given the inside of the frame rails and the exposed part of the bolts a PB Blaster bath but they did not loosen up much.

The left side bolt busted loose on me but it does not want to come out. It won't tighten back up either. Is there a cage nut or nut welded into the bottom of the framerail there?

What do the bolts thread into?

I may have to just use the old brackets and weld the bolt head I broke loose back up tight. I hate to use the old brackets.

Anybody know?         :icon_smile_question: